Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beethoven may have been deaf but whoever came up that dreadful cover must be blind. The original cover art, font and photography was classic. I'll treasure the cd I bought over three decades ago. No way I'm buying this abomination

Assuming both shows were recorded completely, would have been nice to add Alsatian cousin, Tomorrow and Playboys as bonus tracks on this re-issue.

A proper reissue of Rank with the missing tracks would be great too and worth purchasing again.

In Buddhism orange it means enlightenment, and the pursuit of knowledge. Buddhist monks wear orange attire. In metaphysics, it represents creativity on its positive side and falsehood on its negative side. That album is very good, last year I listened to it a lot and "Espadas" is an even better album than Bethoven!!

Is that picture from the Ringleader tour? Odd. As for the special event concerts… good luck. We all know what happened the last time a “special event” concert was announced.
It looks like the clothes he wore at the later Paris Zenith gig in Nobembet 2009. I remember it all too well, as a night or two after, Henry hand balled Ireland out of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup. Travesty.

Re-issue, re-package, re-package.

Still, good news about the gigs - if they happen.

I'll need to see Moz actually fulfill some tour dates before I take the plunge and buy tickets to any others.

A proper reissue of Rank with the missing tracks would be great too and worth purchasing again.
Yeah, there's a no-brainer Special Edition of 'Rank' that could easily be pulled off. As well as the previously edited tracks, they could even marry the audio to the bootleg video footage for a bonus DVD. Stick it out on various editions, or a box set, and make some money for everyone. But with Moz and Marr not speaking The Smiths don't even seem to be functioning as a legacy band. :squiffy:

Moz!! I can't help but be happy for him. It makes me happy to know that he has plans for concerts, although it left me wanting, I love that they reissue his album. I can't handle him, I always forgive him!! I love him so much!! Mozuchiss you will always be my Mozuchisss I send you lots of light and love 😍 ❤️❤️

Moz!! I can't help but be happy for him. It makes me happy to know that he has plans for concerts, although it left me wanting, I love that they reissue his album. I can't handle him, I always forgive him!! I love him so much!! Mozuchiss you will always be my Mozuchisss I send you lots of light and love 😍 ❤️❤️
Could BOT and WMTWD be released by Warner?

I saw Morrissey the last date, the one after Paris and London, also London songs who were better sounding came the live Album. I saw him in Dusseldorf venue was my named after the company I worked than 'Philips'halle, end December... never ever had sucha agressive German safety, had to sit on the ground...the opener band was found in a dykes love folk band,at last one of the ladies at the end bend and did her dress swirl up, so the band and Morrissey were more with their minds on the christmass days. Great 'Jack the Ripper- Sister I'm a poet-the Loop' after eachother produced, my favourite part.

Last edited:
Maybe to save time and anxiety Moz can simultaneously release both the announcement and cancellation of the two dates.

That's really the album cover? Looks like he's stumbling home drunk and disheveled or maybe lurching out of bed the next morning.

The cover should be beautiful. That's the point of buying a physical copy. The cover should be a nice bit of artwork. Someone in the art dept must dislike him.
Don't know Moz? It's pure feeling, she leaves her soul and her whole body every time she sings. You have to figure out what song he was singing, or what he had just sung, which shouldn't be easy. It must have been something very heartfelt that he sang, none of the musicians were near him so no one stepped on his foot and that face is pure eMozion Friends, we are in the presence of the great Moz

Don't know Moz? It's pure feeling, she leaves her soul and her whole body every time she sings. You have to figure out what song he was singing, or what he had just sung, which shouldn't be easy. It must have been something very heartfelt that he sang, none of the musicians were near him so no one stepped on his foot and that face is pure eMozion Friends, we are in the presence of the great Moz
You're ridiculous

I just saw that the original vinyl of Beethoven Was Deaf is being hawked on eBay for up to £500. WTF? I’ve got one of those. Could sell it to fund the next few big shops at Tescos.

Back
Top Bottom