"First of the Gang to Die" is good but...

It's a good closer in that even the most casual Morrissey fan knows the song and so madness ensues.

despite it being overrated, FOTGTD does work as a closer. if he's using it to close every night then that's boring, but Morrissey is extremely boring when it comes to his setlists.

I really like it as an encore as I've said, although I'd admit there are other great candidates. I've always thought that Playboys works much better as an opener than a closer and that these two make great bookends. Mind you, the opening salvo at wireless of LOTFIP/Ask/FOTGTD was stunning.

despite it being overrated, FOTGTD does work as a closer. if he's using it to close every night then that's boring, but Morrissey is extremely boring when it comes to his setlists.

he certainly is with this tour but he never used to be. before this tour it was well worth seeing him on consecutive nights coz there was a good chance you'd hear 4 or 5 different songs, and the order would probably have been switched around too...

FOTGTD is a great song but it's not the only great song in his catalogue. I'd like it if he dropped the song for a while and brought it back on another tour. Encores really are for the fans so he should play something well loved like Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, .....Playboys, Sunny, We Hate It ......., etc... and he should make more of an effort and play two songs not just the one.

Back
Top Bottom