Favorite non-album single?

Favorite non-album single?

• Total voters
Well....he did bring back many other of the "one-off songs" like Please Please Please, Drive-In Saturday and The Queen Is Dead...and Let The Right One Slip In is about as obscure as Whatever Happens, I Love You or Lucky Lisp..which were pretty surprising to hear...which was why I pegged it as a possibly...

I posted a thesis which backs my belief in why Ask and That Joke Isn't Funnymore will be played and This Charming Man and Barbarism Begins At Home will not...With The exception of The Headmaster Ritual..ever Smiths song performed by Morrissey was either performed in 1986 or released after 1986...that includes Rubber Ring, of course...

Will Never Marry was shelved way too early during The Kill Uncle Tour in favor of The Loop..and the other songs that were added in the middle of that tour...

I think The Loop stands a good chance since Morrissey obviously likes the song...:rolleyes:

No way man, WH and LL are both compiled on well-known comps. I never heard Slip In (my fav Moz song :D) until Kipe posted it for me awhile back. Not to mention that anyone who has seen Introducing Morrissey knows WH,ILY.

The Loop will never be returning, tho it's quite a shame. I'd love to see what Jesse could do with it...and I'd love to hear Will Never Marry again. That'd be a great set-opener I think.

No way man, WH and LL are both compiled on well-known comps. I never heard Slip In (my fav Moz song :D) until Kipe posted it for me awhile back. Not to mention that anyone who has seen Introducing Morrissey knows WH,ILY.

The Loop will never be returning, tho it's quite a shame. I'd love to see what Jesse could do with it...and I'd love to hear Will Never Marry again. That'd be a great set-opener I think.

When I meant "obscure", I didn't mean rare...I meant they're not like huge fan favs like Disappointed, Lost, Nobody Loves Us, etc...etc...I meant they were complete suprises to come out of the woodwork after all these years...

Why would you say Never? I'm sure Morrissey can still dance if he needs to? or perhaps he could use it as a set opener..and come on stage 2 minutes after the band starts playing....I'm sure it's a fav of his since it was played on 2 tours..and came close to making the cut for the Boxers Tour as well...

When I meant "obscure", I didn't mean rare...I meant they're not like huge fan favs like Disappointed, Lost, Nobody Loves Us, etc...etc...I meant they were complete suprises to come out of the woodwork after all these years...

Why would you say Never? I'm sure Morrissey can still dance if he needs to? or perhaps he could use it as a set opener..and come on stage 2 minutes after the band starts playing....I'm sure it's a fav of his since it was played on 2 tours..and came close to making the cut for the Boxers Tour as well...

Really? How do you know that, did he soundcheck it? Speaking of how you said you don't think he'll ever play This Charming Man, he soundchecked that one on the Oye Esteban tour as well. So even if he never ends up playing it, it still means he is or was at one point definitely willing to play it. At that same concert he also soundchecked Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, and Satan Rejected My Soul (the other 2 Maladjusted singles being featured on that tour) and I Am Hated for Loving (debuted later on during that tour). Don't know why I bothered saying all that, I'm just randomly typing. :p

Also, hasn't The Loop been performed as a set-opener a few times on the Your Arsenal tour? Maybe the Kill Uncle tour as well.

Really? How do you know that, did he soundcheck it? Speaking of how you said you don't think he'll ever play This Charming Man, he soundchecked that one on the Oye Esteban tour as well. So even if he never ends up playing it, it still means he is or was at one point definitely willing to play it. At that same concert he also soundchecked Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, and Satan Rejected My Soul (the other 2 Maladjusted singles being featured on that tour) and I Am Hated for Loving (debuted later on during that tour). Don't know why I bothered saying all that, I'm just randomly typing. :p

Also, hasn't The Loop been performed as a set-opener a few times on the Your Arsenal tour? Maybe the Kill Uncle tour as well.

No....I don't know of course...I just have a feeling that ALL the songs that are on World Of Morrissey were in one way or another connected to The Boxers tour...Last Of The Famous International Playboys was soundchecked...so it wouldn't surprise me if Morrissey considered playing The Loop, Certain People I Know, and even My Love Life as well...I just speculate...

As for My reason on him not playing This Charming Man..of course, he could still do...he's bound to do what he wants to do...however, I just have noticed that pattern of all the Smiths songs he has performed with the exception of The Headmaster Ritual..all were performed in 1986 or recorded afterwards....It's just a stupid theory of mine, but not nearly as stupid as the Diana-Morrissey connection :rolleyes:...He did play Reel Around The Fountain once in 1986!

I would never go on record claiming I know any of this to be absolute fact...

I think you are right that he had used The Loop as an opener before...I'm just too lazy to go check Passions....I just think it being a fav of his (again, Speculating)..there's good reason to think he'll bring it back...more so than say...Pregnant For The Last Time, That's Entertainment, or He Knows I'd Love To See Him...although with Morrissey....one never can tell...

i seriously cannot pick one.

no one answered my question from before. is it THAT stupid? im talking about whether singles dont show up on albums is a 1980s thing bc there does not seem to be a lot of singles-without-albums happening nowadays.

no one answered my question from before. is it THAT stupid? im talking about whether singles dont show up on albums is a 1980s thing bc there does not seem to be a lot of singles-without-albums happening nowadays.

Yes, I have made that point many times here...

Record Companies (Especially In The US) DO NOT like to release a single that is not part of an album...hence many of Morrissey's Non-Album Singles were never released here...and it's doubtful that Morrissey will issue a non-album single in the future and he hasn't for 12 years thus far....Sunny was the last...although that was done by EMI to promote "Suedehead:The Best Of Morrissey", and Morrissey may never have intended for Sunny to be a single...it along with its b-sides were three left over recordings he made while still with EMI

Today Record Companies pefer to release an album and then Milk it for as many songs as commerically possible and promote a single as being NEW, even though many times it is from the album 2 years old....

I say never because Moz has buried most if not all of his rockabilly-tinged tracks. i think that that's a period of his that he seems determined to forget about; he hasn't played Certain People I Know, Successful, and most of the Kill Uncle tour in awhile. I doubt he'd go back now.

I say never because Moz has buried most if not all of his rockabilly-tinged tracks. i think that that's a period of his that he seems determined to forget about; he hasn't played Certain People I Know, Successful, and most of the Kill Uncle tour in awhile. I doubt he'd go back now.

May i say thank Moz for that.

True....Even Though Certain People I Know is a well written song lyrically....and it's a pity that he'd want to forget anything from his solo career....

Except perhaps that duet thing.... :rolleyes:

May i say thank Moz for that.

Really? Those shows from 91 and 92 are my favorites!!! :D

True....Even Though Certain People I Know is a well written song lyrically....and it's a pity that he'd want to forget anything from his solo career....

Except perhaps that duet thing.... :rolleyes:

Agreed. I still would kill to see him do King Lear and Sing Your Life, lol.

What are the odds that he duets Interlude with Kristeen? :D

Really? Those shows from 91 and 92 are my favorites!!! :D

Agreed. I still would kill to see him do King Lear and Sing Your Life, lol.

What are the odds that he duets Interlude with Kristeen? :D

I still have nightmares from the last Pasadena show when he brought her out for the final encore...I thought they were gonna do sweetie pie and I was torn between making sure I got it recorded..and jumping off the balcony and ending it all right then and there....

Good Lord, Kristeen could do the Seagull part from Lifeguard Asleep, Girl Drowning....

I love interlude, and I would love to see him sing it with Kristeen, they won't though.*

*feel free to post this with a huge ha ha ha if they ever do though.

Julia Won't allow it....she'll rip Kristeen's head off

I still have nightmares from the last Pasadena show when he brought her out for the final encore...I thought they were gonna do sweetie pie and I was torn between making sure I got it recorded..and jumping off the balcony and ending it all right then and there....

Good Lord, Kristeen could do the Seagull part from Lifeguard Asleep, Girl Drowning....

ooo you are funny aren't you! :mad:
Actually ok that was a bit funny, but I think Kristeen is really good.

ooo you are funny aren't you! :mad:
Actually ok that was a bit funny, but I think Kristeen is really good.

Sack is still the best opening act ever for Morrissey..

Somebody upload their CD for me please :)

Shoplifters concerning the Smiths

and I can't make a choice between Sunny and Pregnant for
Morrissey solo singles

btw, where's 'Thats Entertainment'?

[didn't read the whole thread, posted this after I voted]

Back
Top Bottom