Does anyone know where Morrissey gets his band members?

Everyone seems to think that :confused:

But then, people seem to think Moz fancies all his musicians, as if it's the deciding factor in their employment. Boz, Alain, Gary, Spencer, Jesse, Solomon, Johnny etc etc.

I wonder if he'll ever have any female musicians.We'd all be so stunned.

Matt Walker (Filter, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage) was brought in as a session drummer after his work on Bowie's "Heathen" album. When Visconti was called in to produce ROTT, the drum tracks were already recorded, so Matt was not a Visconti pick, tho he knows him pretty well. Someone else in Morrissey's organization must have chose him. Good call either way.
Matt's band, The Most Dangerous Race rawks :guitar:: www.themostdangerousrace.com

He probably gets them at the Dixie Square Shopping Mall in Chicago...
Jake and Elwood tell me that place has everything...

songlarge007.jpg

Matt Walker (Filter, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage) was brought in as a session drummer after his work on Bowie's "Heathen" album. When Visconti was called in to produce ROTT, the drum tracks were already recorded, so Matt was not a Visconti pick, tho he knows him pretty well. Someone else in Morrissey's organization must have chose him. Good call either way.
Matt's band, The Most Dangerous Race rawks :guitar:: www.themostdangerousrace.com

Thanks for posting that link! I like them. :guitar:

So I guess he doesn't get his band members in the clothing shops of old town Pasadena.

i heard he actually makes them in a lab to his EXACT specifications.. and if they arent perfect when they come out, he throws them away and starts from scratch

Matt Walker (Filter, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage) was brought in as a session drummer after his work on Bowie's "Heathen" album. When Visconti was called in to produce ROTT, the drum tracks were already recorded, so Matt was not a Visconti pick, tho he knows him pretty well.

Though it is confusing since one Matt replaced another, Matt Chamberlain was the drummer on RotT, as well as Heathen and its follow-up Reality. He's also been the long-standing drummer for Tori Amos among many others. Chamberlain actually got his start as the drummer for Edie Brickell and New Bohemians way back in the late Eighties.

As to how Matt WALKER was picked, I seem to remember Boz writing about auditions in his diary from early 2006. This was the same way that Deano Butterworth was acquired (he answered an ad in Variety, if I'm remembering correctly).

Cheers,

Jamie

:doh: d'oh! I stand corrected. And slightly (less) confused :)
I was wondering how Walker could've fit Bowie into his backing lineup...but I thought that's what I heard. Ah well... Thanx, Jamie

here is a video of his original band lineup interviewed.

boz, spencer, gary and alain.

about a minute and fourteen seconds in they are asked how they were chosen as the support group for morrissey.

alain says they had all known each other for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-uDgk54Rlg

about a minute and fourteen seconds in they are asked how they were chosen as the support group for morrissey.

At the beginning of the youtube version of the clip, it's cut off, but Gia says she can't interview Morrissey because he's "got things to do" and at the same time, Spencer puts his hand down his pants and rummages around quite obviously. "Things to do", eh :p

He picks the ones with the biggest willys!

Thats a great clip! The interviewer is a bit of an ejeit tho........

Back
Top Bottom