Does anyone know where Morrissey gets his band members?

I don't want female musicians with Moz.

He seems to have no female influences in his life whatsoever...professionally I mean.I find that quite telling.

Whoops i forgot Kristeen Cunnilingus....:rolleyes:

Where did you find Boz Boorer and when did he start to play with you?

Sofia
Mar del Plata, Argentina

I met Boz through a mutual friend, Cathal, who sings in the group Madness. I went through a period when I saw a lot of Cathal, he was a very close friend, and he introduced me to Boz because I had done an album called "Kill Uncle" which Cathal thought was rubbish..... and he wasn't necessarily wrong. He wanted me to move away from Mark Nevin who had co-written "Kill Uncle" which I was prepared to do because I didn't actually know Mark that well. So, Cathal saw Boz as a writing partner for me, but it has obviously developed into a long and precious friendship. Boz is perfect company as well as being very funny.

--
from TTY q&a session

From advertising in the LA Weakly (see attached scans). This came out in 2002. Boz confirmed that they were indeed looking for a drummer when this advert was published.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/02/03/25/0635201.shtml

I can't believe this advert was a serious attempt to secure a drummer. I suspected it was a not-very-nice way to let Spike know his services were no longer desired and a way to solicit hours of possibly entertaining viddy from fans.

It's just coincidence, I know, but the drummer advert reminded me of something funny Moz said. Some years prior to that advert, i had given Moz something along with a photo of myself so he could put a face with the name. I was standing in front of a drum kit in the photo. I didn't actually play drums. I was just shifting some band's gear into our studio for a live broadcast when my station manager snapped the photo of me. Years later, during a (non-concert) conversation with me in 2002, Moz suddenly blurted out, "Drum kit!", meaning that that's the other association he had with me besides the two obvious ones. ;)

From advertising in the LA Weakly (see attached scans). This came out in 2002. Boz confirmed that they were indeed looking for a drummer when this advert was published.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/02/03/25/0635201.shtml

I can't believe this advert was a serious attempt to secure a drummer. I suspected it was a not-very-nice way to let Spike know his services were no longer desired and a way to solicit hours of possibly entertaining viddy from fans.

It's just coincidence, I know, but the drummer advert reminded me of something funny Moz said. Some years prior to that advert, i had given Moz something along with a photo of myself so he could put a face with the name. I was standing in front of a drum kit in the photo. I didn't actually play drums. I was just shifting some band's gear into our studio for a live broadcast when my station manager snapped the photo of me. Years later, during a (non-concert) conversation with me in 2002, Moz suddenly blurted out, "Drum kit!", meaning that that's the other association he had with me besides the two obvious ones. ;)

Hello Mel, thanks for another very interesting snippets.
Ooooooooo, you could've pretended that you're the drummer Morrissey was loolking for! :D

hmm thanks for the link to this thread kewpie but is that really certain that jesse was brought along through deano as a session musician?

edit
quote:
Yep, I heard Mikey's wife is a friend of Jesse's ex-wife Angie Hart (ex-singer of Australian band Frente).

aha ..interesting i just check out his wikipedis site..i dint know hr performed at a buffy episode(and was also responsible for the mjsic episode .hmmm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Tobias
a nice couple:
http://de.images.search.yahoo.com/s...s+angie+hart&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=utf-8&js=1&x=wrt

hmm where is that link to this article a guy wrote who worked for a day in the touring entourage..but was fired bcause he probably heard the wrong music? moz also asked him about if he is married etc?
i couldnt find this link anymore..i was posted either at the beginning of this year or last year
if he is that picky with people who works behind the scenes then i can hardly imagine the immense requirements a band member has to fulfill to be in his band...

Last edited:
Jesse got the job because Mikey Farrell's wife knew Jesse's then wife.

Yep, I heard Mikey's wife is a friend of Jesse's ex-wife Angie Hart (ex-singer of Australian band Frente).

Last edited:
slightly offtopic:hmm where is that link to this article a guy wrote who worked for a day in the touring entourage..but was fired bcause he probably heard the wrong music? moz also asked him about if he is married etc?
i couldnt find this link anymore..i was posted either at the beginning of this year or last year

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article3245740.ece
ahn i found it..just overflew it last time I read it
... .interesting read

He seems to have no female influences in his life whatsoever...professionally I mean.I find that quite telling.

Whoops i forgot Kristeen Cunnilingus....:rolleyes:

that's it! you're off the tour. :p

he gets them all from 'rent-a-chap'

I heard that Aldi were doing a special deal at the moment.... buy one get one free. Useful if the bass player refuses to go veggie.

Current Tourning Band?

I apologize if there is already a thread about this. The news release for the Buffalo show mentions Boz, Jesse, Solomon, and Matt. Does anyone know if there will be a keyboard player on this tour?

Re: Current Tourning Band?

Probably will be Pooley.

Have to feel sorry for the bloke, to be honest. He obviously IS talented, but the problem for him is that he's following up a man of many parts, Michael Farrell. I don't think I've ever read a single post on here criticising Farrell for his on stage abilities - indeed, there were times in Morrissey gigs when you couldn't help but be impressed by the fact he would play three separate instruments in songs!

He is the gravest loss to the live team, in my opinion. Gary, Alain and Deano were wonderful, but for the full live sound, the loss of Michael has been somewhat telling.

Re: Current Tourning Band?

Mikey was the glue that held the 2004-2007 touring band together and is sorely missed :(

Probably will be Pooley.

Have to feel sorry for the bloke, to be honest. He obviously IS talented, but the problem for him is that he's following up a man of many parts, Michael Farrell. I don't think I've ever read a single post on here criticising Farrell for his on stage abilities - indeed, there were times in Morrissey gigs when you couldn't help but be impressed by the fact he would play three separate instruments in songs!

He is the gravest loss to the live team, in my opinion. Gary, Alain and Deano were wonderful, but for the full live sound, the loss of Michael has been somewhat telling.

Back
Top Bottom