cosmo (yes that damn magazine) is ruining my relationship with my girlfriend

I was referring to the major and the minor. Nobody is perfect.

Quite rightly so Zelda, some people should sort out their own families before commenting on anything else, not you inclusive of course

Correct me if I'm wrong, bagface, but reading this thread I get the impression that you are afraid that your girlfriend will be "brainwashed" by this magazine and makes her to want you to turn into what Cosmo describes as what a "man" is supposed to be.
And that you can't live up to that image of what Cosmo describes and that she will eventually will break up with you.
And that that's the reason why you want her to stop reading it.
Well, maybe I'm rambling a bit here, but that's what it looks to me.

that could be true, to an extent

after giving it more thought, i think it's mostly that i don't want her reading some dumb magazine for advice about ME or OUR relationship when i feel we could easily just talk about this stuff between ourselves. i just want to feel that we're close enough so that she doesn't have to read some magazine to feel like she "knows" me or something. i don't feel like i could relate to any of the males described in that magazine anyway haha. if she's just reading it because it's funny or whatever i don't really mind. i guess my problem never really was that it's stupid, as much as that's how it sounded. i do PLENTY of stupid things for entertainment, just not ones that have anything to do with her or our relationship. does this make any sense? by saying i wanted somebody who didn't read that magazine i really meant i want somebody who will just talk to me and be completely open with me about stuff regarding us. i just want to be really close with somebody and feel that we can relate to each other and talk to each other about anything. if she's reading a magazine like that for that reason, i guess i'd feel a bit uncomfortable with that. all of the high and mighty stuff about it being stupid was just my hate for the magazine in general coming through (which was irrelevant and really clouded any point i was trying to get across).

Last edited:
I was done at page three, and I was skimming. sheeesh!

either
a get over it
b don't get over it

I want to know what Nugz dealbreakers are though. :D

off ftopic, i love your sig piccture dave. one of my favourite movies.

hello teeth...if that is your real name.................

showthread.php

Give Us A Drink, Make It Quick....

I was done at page three, and I was skimming. sheeesh!

either
a get over it
b don't get over it

I want to know what Nugz dealbreakers are though. :D

hmmm, well here's an example

i was at my neighborhood bar a month ago or so. some guy came up to me and he was like "i have to know, what's your favorite band?" i said "The Smiths." he said "oh i never heard of them. ever hear of a band called "Slightly Stupid?" i was like "uhh noo....." he said "oh theyre my favorite."

DEALBREAKER

hmmm, well here's an example

i was at my neighborhood bar a month ago or so. some guy came up to me and he was like "i have to know, what's your favorite band?" i said "The Smiths." he said "oh i never heard of them. ever hear of a band called "Slightly Stupid?" i was like "uhh noo....." he said "oh theyre my favorite."

DEALBREAKER

Slightly Stoopid seems to be Blink 182 trying to be Bob Marley

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom