Birth Control Side Effects

My sympathies on the heavy bleeding thing; being peri-menopausal, I'm having lots of probs with that, to the extent that I daren't leave the house some days. :(

You could do worse than reverting to the good old condom; between child 2 and child 3, I tried the mini-pill and bled like a stuck pig, tried a morena coil, which ate through my uterus wall, went septic, caused agony and landed me in emergency surgery. So back we went to the condom, which served us well until we were sure our family was complete and I got myself sterilised. I like condoms. No muss, no fuss, no health side effects, no wet patch.... ;)

Oh, wow, TCM! I'm glad everything worked out.

Ouch.

I'm borderline anemic, so the first two days of my period are the worst. I'm usually tipped off as to arrival by a horrible migraine a day or two before. Then, I am incredibly fatigued because I bleed like a stuck pig for the first two days. Luckily, I'm pretty regular.

A friend of mine had to take the pill to regulate her periods. She had cysts, too. She had some sort of procedure that fixed pretty much everything. The next time I speak with her, I'll ask her what it was.

Last edited:
I hate being a woman sometimes. Its like there is never a good choice. I had a cyst on my ovary in March, and the doc has put me on birth control to keep that from happening again (it was horrible excruciating pain).

My periods, sorry guys, are horrible too. Its a LOT of pain, to the point that I have to use vicodin and ibuprofen in the same day, very very heavy and at least 7 days. add the cyst, and my girly parts cause me a lot of trouble.

Now I've been on BC for two weeks, and I'm moody and a little down, and I've gained 7 pounds.

If I gain three more I'm stopping immediately, because I worked my ass off to lose 50 pounds a few years ago and another 10 this winter. I was on my way to my ultimate goal weight and now I'm up shit creek again.

Barring more weight gain I might stay on it. But the constant-yet-mild irritability is annoying everyone, even myself. What do you think I should do?

Before I had my ectopic pregnacy and hysterectomy (don't do it!!) I had a cyst on one of my ovaries as well. My OBGYN was so hot to give me a hysterectomy and unfortunately I didn't do any research on it. If he had told me I would lose my entire sex drive, I'd have to take estrogen forever, and I would go into instant menopause, I would've run out of that operating room in a flash. I'd rather take painkillers looking back on it. My endometriosis was SO painful I was getting 90 extra strength Vicodin every month. My period was extremely heavy and I thought, well hell, I'm too old to have children anyway, so I'll go for the full monty. I belong to a group called, HERS, which basically views hysterectomy as castration, which to me it is. One good thing on your side, bogdana, it is that the new birth control pills are better formulated and you have more of a choice. Birth control pills made me nauseated and made me break out. It's weird but Pepsi was the only thing I could drink at that time, because it somehow made the nausea go away.

I'm sorry, boggy. :( I think my cyst dissapeared (if I even had one). I'd like to help you, but I haven't had any of these problems. My BC I take made me lose about fifteen pounds, and I don't get terrible periods. Of course, every woman is different.

I use Junel-Fe, if you're interested in looking into it. :)

Stig left the surgery abruptly when they stuck the local anaesthetic needle into his plums. So it was left to me. Again. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough there are some people that get off on that kinda thing. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Lady problems are terrible. But at least people can't kick you in the groin and totally incapacitate you in one hit. So I guess it's natures trade off of exposed vulnerability against unpleasant health issues.

Last edited:

EDIT: Lady problems are terrible. But at least people can't kick you in the groin and totally incapacitate you in one hit. So I guess it's natures trade off of exposed vulnerability against unpleasant health issues.

Agreed. But since the major part of our genitals are inside, it's harder to detect if there is a problem with them. :rolleyes:

I'm not convinced. I wish science could come up with a way to compare the mind wrecking pain of child birth with the relatively short term, but impossibly hard to describe, pain of being struck in the groin by a baseball moving over 70 miles per hour. I'm just kidding. I'd take the ball hit to the childbirth stuff any day of the week. That looks so f***ing unbelievably painful.

I'm not convinced. I wish science could come up with a way to compare the mind wrecking pain of child birth with the relatively short term, but impossibly hard to describe, pain of being struck in the groin by a baseball moving over 70 miles per hour. I'm just kidding. I'd take the ball hit to the childbirth stuff any day of the week. That looks so f***ing unbelievably painful.
hahaha
oh, wait - the joke's on me:(:tears::p

Agreed. But since the major part of our genitals are inside, it's harder to detect if there is a problem with them. :rolleyes:

and also, you get off way way way easier than women do. so stop yer bitchin about outside parts :D THey're easier to access and pleasureify hahaahha

Tags
birth control catch 22 loestrin24 medical
Back
Top Bottom