Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
For the record I actually quite like Notre-Dame.

My thoughts exactly - I think Morrissey has copped a lot of undue flack in the media over the past few years, but this indulgence in cranky conspiracy nonsense is the absolute low point in his career.

I thought the tedious lyrical obsession with free speech and being silenced was bad enough, but this in another level of awfulness (both as songwriter & person). It's not only getting hard to defend Moz, but musically it's getting so uninspiring on every level - basically career sabotage of an epic scale. Just baffling and so very depressing.

Genuinely think he's lost his marbles at this point. I'm off to see him in Liverpool later this month, let's hope for some from of redemption from this decline...
Honestly, if this is the direction Moz is going, I hope it is the end because I don't want to see how it pans out. He is losing contact with the real world and if he had even one decent friend, you'd think they would try to talk to him and help him because this is career suicide. He is surrounded by toadies on the payroll.

As others have said, Morrissey is clearly mentally ill and not well, and it's obvious he's getting no treatment for it. No one in his circle seems to care or speak up as there's only enablers and yes men left at this point. He's lost it as a lyricist and arbiter of quality control for his own brand, and I sadly feel those elements are gone for good. This has been going on for years, but it seems to have reached a crisis point. I'm not even talking about his awful new song, or his politics, it's an overall problem that only the blindest of sheep can ignore at this point.

It’s the glasses of gin he drinks with just a splash of tonic, to paraphrase Liam Gallagher after meeting Morrissey.

It’s the glasses of gin he drinks with just a splash of tonic, to paraphrase Liam Gallagher after meeting Morrissey.
I'm sure alcohol is part of the issue, especially if Jesse is getting him drunk on a regular basis, but it's not the entire picture. You're looking at a severely mentally ill, unwell individual in a spiral and there's apparently no one who can help him.

Anyone who voices concern, like Morrissey has done, gets cancelled, and labeled 'racist'.

What a silly, cop-out reply. And I'm one of the few who doesn't consider Morrissey a "racist." Like someone else mentioned, he's getting harder and harder to defend.

What a silly, cop-out reply. And I'm one of the few who doesn't consider Morrissey a "racist." Like someone else mentioned, he's getting harder and harder to defend.
How have I copped out?

Great opening night of the tour, on a lovely location.
The band sound really good, for a first time playing together.
Looking forward to the other dates.

It’s a sad state of affairs, but Morrissey’s career is over. In a few years he’ll be touring renaissance fairs and retirement homes, swaggering on stage with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire.

I hope his new music never sees the light of day, as it will only tarnish his reputation further. Conspiracy garbage.

I never thought it would come to this.

It breaks my heart.

It’s a sad state of affairs, but Morrissey’s career is over. In a few years he’ll be touring renaissance fairs and retirement homes, swaggering on stage with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire.

I hope his new music never sees the light of day, as it will only tarnish his reputation further. Conspiracy garbage.

I never thought it would come to this.

It breaks my heart.
We all feel sorry for you, Eric.

Don’t take it too hard, there’s always hope.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom