Best Moz cover art?

ordinaryboy

am i really so strange?
What's your favourite Morrissey artwork from his solo albums? Just been contemplating them recently and my personal favourite is Kill Uncle. It just shows off his quiff so well! Apologies if this has been discussed recently.

Southpaw Grammar for me.
I hate seeing singers/bands on covers.
Having said that, i do like the Viva Hate cover but YATQ and ROTT are both horrible,horrible covers (sorry all you Frinkers)

Last edited:
I am partial to Viva Hate. Its so dramatic just from shadows etc. I did an art project using the Viva Hate cover in college so that image is forever burned into my brain. And thats fine by me. :cool:

I am partial to Viva Hate. Its so dramatic just from shadows etc. I did an art project using the Viva Hate cover in college so that image is forever burned into my brain. And thats fine by me. :cool:

Which Viva Hate cover are you referring to?

I really like the Ringleader cover!

Love PTxx.

I do very much love the Quarry cover.

Me too. I was stunned when I saw it the first time. I won't say where (okay fine, it was in a Target of all places, not as cool as Ameoba or Boo Boo's but I was buying underwear and there he was) and I'll never forget thinking how gracefully he's aged. And that he looked genuinely happy in the picture, and that pleased me.

viva hate is my favorite, always has been, always will be (except i loathe the white emi special edition one). my favorite single cover is from we hate it when our friends.. i love that picture. ive been toying with the idea of getting it screen printed onto a shirt.:)

your arsenal,morrissey`s body looks really sexy on that cover

Except the leading is wrong on the lines of text... I don't know exactly why it bugs me so much, the typography on the entire Quarry series of sleeves is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I say we honor our inner Jan Tshicholdts and Preggers brings up this cover for some typographic analysis.

Except the leading is wrong on the lines of text... I don't know exactly why it bugs me so much, the typography on the entire Quarry series of sleeves is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Agree,it's horrible and so is that background:yuck!

My favorite cover art has to be Now My Heart Is Full.It`s that really sexy picture by Jake.Morrissey looks so good in it.My second favorite has to be We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successfull.I `ve been thinking of getting that one as a tattoo.Your Arsenal is good too.

Yeah, out of the singles I think my fave is 'In The Future When All's Well'. I just find it slightly surreal! Such a simple thing he's doing, and it's lovely to have it immortalised in artwork. It's also bizarre to see him dressed as a vicar on 'I Have Forgiven Jesus'. Of the ones without him on I really like 'Boxers' and 'Roy's Keen'... I find the Boxers one really dramatic and on Roy's Keen I really like the kind of foggy effect as a backdrop to 1950s London.

Back
Top Bottom