• Noel Gallagher

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pete Yorn

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
The Divine Comedy.

I don't think it's amazing or anything, but it's better than the rest, and their music is always fantastic

good work, sir, in every respect.

Wow I didn't think it was possible but hearing these awful covers make you appreciate the original so much more, at a push I'd say the ukelele version and Neil Finn.
The others are just trying to copy the original and failing miserably, or using shitty beat machines. If you're going to attempt to cover the best song in the world then at least do a interesting interpretation. I didn't download the ones that wern't on youtube because I don't want to waste any space on my laptop.

Neil Finn, cause Johnny played guitar

Placebo's 'Bigmouth bikes again' is me favourite Smiths covered song

that's entertainment and skin stom the best Morrissey did
[well todays poll is a cover, so here's why my comment]

OMG... but yes... some songs can actually sound better when sung in a different voice.... (Outside example... 'Mad World' by Gary Julez instead of Tears for Fears)

I have always liked the Elrend Oye version of the song sung over the instrumentals of Poor Leno by Royksopp. It is mesmorizing.

The Nada Surf version that you posted is not the official release. The Nada Surf version is also VERY good and it was a coin flip as to which to choose.

To the people that responded that (other) Morrissey ... well that was NOT the point of the poll or the thread.

Unless...

you want to say that Morrissey is now either a parody of himself or simply covers his old songs and is not as good as he once was.... honestly... come on and play along.

pete doherty does a very brief few words on the shaking and withdrawn megamix and then flows into one of his tracks, i can't remember which. i also have a cover of him doing everyday is like sunday.

Johan; I can't think of any off-hand but I'll keep you in mind...

I just wanted to thank you for the link to the Divine Comedy version- my mate was raving about it, and I couldn't find it anywhere...

I love it, but the ending is a bit of a stinker, imho...

Back
Top Bottom