Best Smiths/ Moz opening riff ?

gasmeter

Have just purchased one of those new mobile thingys that all the young yins have these days :D And are looking for a decent ringtone. Any suggestions ? '

Bigmouth strikes again' is looking favourite at the moment. I also quite like the intro to 'The youngest was the most loved ' 'The queen is dead ' , 'Rusholme ruffians' ach there is too many to choose . Help !

sore_lips

my phone rings with Handsome Devil..

but i always thought You Have Killed Me and The more You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get have great opening riffs..

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
I like "Girl Afraid" and "Headmaster Ritual"

almareallymatters

I have This Charming Man as my ringtone....and I look forward to my phone ringing far more than I used to.... it goes to voice mail after Moz sings the first line of the song though...which is probably just as well or I would probably never answer it!:p

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
For me, without a shadow of a doubt, it's The Headmaster Ritual. Johnny's finest opening.

Peter

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I have the chorus portion of "Our Frank" for my ringtone. I held off buying a cell phone for ages and consider them a leash. So, the ringtone is sort of an inside joke only I get.

Happy Maudlin

Corinthian and Caricature
I love the opening to How soon is now?, Girl Afraid, and Your gonna need someone by your side. also handsome devil

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
dont use ringtones- but if i did choose an opening riff it would be "satan rejected my soul".

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side

Although, realistically, I'd answer my phone quicker if my ringer was a song that I hated...

Your Arsenal

yes I am blind
Recent Morrissey: The First of the Gang to Die
Old Skool Morrissey: Suedehead (Marr must have fallen off his chair when he heard this riff in a MOZ solo record :D and I'm sure Morrissey was very happy about that )

Smiths: This Charming Man/ You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby