Albert Hall Sold out in 10 minutes???!!!

I can't believe for one minute there isn't 1 ticket available for it, which is all I require. Surely more will be released soonish?

The venue gets their money, the artist gets their money, regardless of who the tickets get sold to. No incentive to change. The government looked at the problem relating to ticket sales and decided to do nothing. :mad:

You know, if I worked at a venue it would be tempting to set up an "agency" and sell loads of tickets to the business. Make a killing on a share of the profits. Better than ticket office wages, anyway. I guess an artist/management would never do that, though, 'cause if they were found out...

Remember when friend and family of football players were exposed for making money by selling on their allocation? What was the outcome/response from the football clubs? I'd be interested to know how they dealt with it.

So does anyone have a scheme that could work. In the real world. Put a cap on % above ticket price for resales? ID on ticket like Glastonbury?
How would you make your legislation enforceable? What incentives or punishments would you set up for malefactors?

The RAH often release more tickets closer to the date of the event. I tried to get tickets for REM there earlier this year without luck initially, but a few days before the event the RAH released tickets on their site for the choir seating section. That was behind the stage but very, very close to it. It was a bizarre way to watch a gig but actually a really good experience on the day. d. :)
this seems to happen at other venues to ..i went o see leonard cohen in hamburg in the arena/(where moz did play too in 06)and bought on the day of the concert a ticket which was very near the stage(expensive though.mamma mia) the seat next to the stage dint all appear all the weeks before but on the day of the event :eek:
so sthere is still hope
..but 6..eh 5 month ..is a long time..isnt it?

The venue gets their money, the artist gets their money, regardless of who the tickets get sold to. No incentive to change. The government looked at the problem relating to ticket sales and decided to do nothing. :mad:

You know, if I worked at a venue it would be tempting to set up an "agency" and sell loads of tickets to the business. Make a killing on a share of the profits. Better than ticket office wages, anyway. I guess an artist/management would never do that, though, 'cause if they were found out...

Remember when friend and family of football players were exposed for making money by selling on their allocation? What was the outcome/response from the football clubs? I'd be interested to know how they dealt with it.

So does anyone have a scheme that could work. In the real world. Put a cap on % above ticket price for resales? ID on ticket like Glastonbury?
How would you make your legislation enforceable? What incentives or punishments would you set up for malefactors?

Yes, I have a real scheme, in the real world, which always works.
Just sit back and wait. We know Morrissey will include more dates. He always does (the Albert Hall has no bookings for the following few days).
And when these dates go on sale, the asking price for tickets to existing dates will drop, and touts will no longer be able to charge astronomical amounts. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!
I honestly cannot believe so many Morrissey fans are so gullible. Sheesh!
I will be at the Albert Hall concert and I will not have paid a penny more than face value.

Maurice E

This happens at many venues, not just the RAH. True, we expect that other dates will be added to this tour, and more tickets released, but I had hoped to widen the debate with my comments, to include the issues around ticket sales in general, hence the reference to football matches and to the lack of effective legislation.

I have not tried to buy tickets today. My plan is to wait and see, but I understand the disappointment of those who see the "tickets" disappear into the hands of businessmen almost before they are "on sale".

from past experience, they always release more tickets... or like what was said. you will find tickets for way cheaper closer to the date.
im sure everyone will get a ticket! :)

Yep don't give the bastards on ebay the satisfaction.

Me and Alma will be at the RAH too, tickets WILL come up for face value surely.

They should have done a pre-sale for the devoted. :(

The artist may get the money but does he want to see empty seats that touts can't sell?

The solution is ever so simple - do what Tom Waits did. Picture ID and card to pick up the tickets on the door on the night inside the venue. Problem solved. It's the easiest thing in the world tho, to be fair, it'd be very hard to do that for a bigger venue like the O2. Anything Ally Pally size or below and you can do it. It's just a question of giving enough of a toss to make it happen!

The artist may get the money but does he want to see empty seats that touts can't sell?

The solution is ever so simple - do what Tom Waits did. Picture ID and card to pick up the tickets on the door on the night inside the venue. Problem solved. It's the easiest thing in the world tho, to be fair, it'd be very hard to do that for a bigger venue like the O2. Anything Ally Pally size or below and you can do it. It's just a question of giving enough of a toss to make it happen!
apart from the fact that it'd shaft people (like me) without any photo id :p

Question for those who got RAH Seated Tickets

Like most of you, I tried to buy the tickets at 9h59 and got throught Ticketmaster and chose Seated, best available. Got a place on Circle X. Hit Back to try to book a better place only to find out that all was sold out (still kicking myself, I know). It was then 10h00. Phoned SeeTickets at 10h02 and I've been told they were all sold out. Tried RAH website and got lucky, got tickets for Circle U (so far from the stage it's almost in Hyde Park, but I'm not complaining). Posted a note in this forum and helped another 3 or 4 fellows to get their tickets.

Anyway, I was wondering... Who got the best seats then??? Stalls G-H-J, Stalls O-M-L?? Were they reserved for Orange customers or something similar? Anyone here got them? If people got them through See, Ticketmaster, RAH then fair enough, I should have been quicker than try to book in sluggish 59 seconds.

But in my first try at 9h59 the only seats available were on the Circle area already...

Unless they are releasing them later but that would be so unfair to those who really fought for it this morning...

Any thoughts...? :)

Last edited:
Maurice E

This happens at many venues, not just the RAH. True, we expect that other dates will be added to this tour, and more tickets released, but I had hoped to widen the debate with my comments, to include the issues around ticket sales in general, hence the reference to football matches and to the lack of effective legislation.

I have not tried to buy tickets today. My plan is to wait and see, but I understand the disappointment of those who see the "tickets" disappear into the hands of businessmen almost before they are "on sale".

fair point Dunya. it is an interesting debate. I think it has more relevance tho to events like premier league football matches and Glastonbury festival where demand usually outstrips supply.
Morrissey normally plays enough or slightly more than enough shows to enable people to see him without paying over the odds (as long as they don't panic and head straight to E-Bay when the tickets are released). if he was only to play one show in the UK, tickets would be like gold-dust. but it looks like he is doing several at decent-sized venues in May alone.
the more shows Morrissey announces now, the more the internet ticket touts will get their fingers burned as their tickets plummet in value, so let's hope he makes those announcements nice and soon.

Back
Top Bottom