Morrissey Central "A wall in Barcelona" (June 11, 2023)

A wall in Barcelona

IMG_6795.jpg

Gaga in malaga

Mental in Valencia🙃

I'm vegan and I'll come right out and say exactly what you don't want to hear. I am better than you. Why? I don't poop out the remains of once living beings. Why? Because in this day and age fake meat is fine by me and I don't have to. Why? It's called moral evolution. Morrissey has said that people eat meat mostly out of habit. He's right. Those of you who disagree can blissfully continue to poop the remains of bunnies, lambs, cows, sardines, or whatever. I'm sure you look real pretty doing it. Viva Moz!

I'm vegan and I'll come right out and say exactly what you don't want to hear. I am better than you. Why? I don't poop out the remains of once living beings. Why? Because in this day and age fake meat is fine by me and I don't have to. Why? It's called moral evolution. Morrissey has said that people eat meat mostly out of habit. He's right. Those of you who disagree can blissfully continue to poop the remains of bunnies, lambs, cows, sardines, or whatever. I'm sure you look real pretty doing it. Viva Moz!
Plants are living things. Why be cruel to plants?

Plants are living things. Why be cruel to plants?

Plants are living things, but they aren’t sentient. They don’t have brains or a central nervous system. They don’t suffer, so you can’t be cruel to them.

By this logic, most animals are cruel too.

Animals act on instinct. They don’t have ethics. Your arguments on this subject are repeatedly ill-considered and idiotic, Johnnie. You should quit while you’re behind.

Man evolved to the top of the food chain to eat lettuce.

why is it not in spanish plus you are ruining a perfectly good building which will have to pay a few hundred euros to have it removed.
make a sign,make your point.

When I see things like this on MC I always imagine Moz and Sam going out in the middle of the night with a balaclava, spray paint and some stencils. Quickly doing it, panicking when a copper runs up to them blowing a whistle and they scarper

But not before Sam snaps a pic on his uncle's Motorola Razr

why is it not in spanish plus you are ruining a perfectly good building which will have to pay a few hundred euros to have it removed.
make a sign,make your point.
I know you're Scottish, but you're one of the most English guys on this website.

Before answering with so much ignorance, making you the canchero, you must inform yourself a little
Not so crazy, the subterranean intertwining of plant roots are being re-conceived as social systems by some contemporary botanists.

And it’s accepted many plants communicate through chemical correspondence when threatened—cautioning each other about imminent parasite threats, for instance.

Not so crazy, the subterranean intertwining of plant roots are being re-conceived as social systems by some contemporary botanists.

And it’s accepted many plants communicate through chemical correspondence when threatened—cautioning each other about imminent parasite threats, for instance.

No one denies that plants respond to stimuli. But that’s different from having the capacity to consciously suffer. I think using terms like “social systems” and “cautioning each other” is anthropomorphic and misleading, but to each their own.

Anyway, if Johnnie is genuinely concerned about floral suffering, then he’s still derelict in his research: he would be harming fewer plants on a vegan diet.

No one denies that plants respond to stimuli. But that’s different from having the capacity to consciously suffer. I think using terms like “social systems” and “cautioning each other” is anthropomorphic and misleading, but to each their own.

Anyway, if Johnnie is genuinely concerned about floral suffering, then he’s still derelict in his research: he would be harming fewer plants on a vegan diet.
The research is associated with holistic perspectives—the very opposite of the anthropomorphism you identify.

I don’t personally eat meat, but I do think it’s worth taking time to consider what consciousness is, if we’re going to assert the idea that plants don’t consciously suffer. And particularly if we decide we’re going to take a related moral/ethical stance against people who do choose to eat meat.

I don’t personally eat meat, but I do think it’s worth taking time to consider what consciousness is, if we’re going to assert the idea that plants don’t consciously suffer. And particularly if we decide we’re going to take a related moral/ethical stance against people who do choose to eat meat.

I’m not seeing why it matters, or should be given serious consideration. Even if we were to grant the most extreme and absurd plant-consciousness stance (that plants suffer as acutely as animals), it would still stand to reason that we shouldn’t eat animals, since more plants would suffer in that system in order to raise the herbivores we eat. It’s one of the silliest and laziest arguments in the meat-eaters’ toolkit. 90% of the time I’m sure it’s just made for antagonistic value and “the lulz.”

I’m not seeing why it matters, or should be given serious consideration. Even if we were to grant the most extreme and absurd plant-consciousness stance (that plants suffer as acutely as animals), it would still stand to reason that we shouldn’t eat animals, since more plants would suffer in that system in order to raise the herbivores we eat. It’s one of the silliest and laziest arguments in the meat-eaters’ toolkit. 90% of the time I’m sure it’s just made for antagonistic value and “the lulz.”
I preferred their earlier stuff.

If the end game is to minimise suffering, then the consistent vegan would also be antinatalist. Some are, of course.

contemporary botanists - what do they know?! ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom