Who would be a good person to interview Morrissey now?

I think we had this question before. I nominated Russell Brand. They've both gone loony (Morrissey mildly, Brand wildly) since the 2009 interview, itself a good one, and I think in a new encounter they could potentially feed off each other's socio-political craziness. You'd have a good chance of it going into "Alice-Walker-endorsing-David-Icke" territory for one if not the both of them. But really, anyone outside the Dodwell/Rayner axis would be a blessing.

Second choice: Johnny Marr.
I disagree that Russell has gone loony, he speaks about some interesting things and makes a lot of good points on his YouTube channel if you look past the clickbait titles and watch the videos.

I disagree that Russell has gone loony, he speaks about some interesting things and makes a lot of good points on his YouTube channel if you look past the clickbait titles and watch the videos.

I agree he makes some good points, but that's fairly unimpressive in this age when all you have to do is scratch past the propaganda of the legacy media outlets to locate a good point or two. If you watch his interview with Morrissey from 2009, Brand is very different from now. He's more preening, airy-fairy, and self-deprecating, is wittier, and takes his time and chooses his words well. The presentation in his current videos is shrill, unfunny, and conspiracy-laden. I realize he's recovered from various addictions, hence the change in personality, but sometimes sobriety makes you latch on to other unhealthy things to replace the sex and drugs.

I agree he makes some good points, but that's fairly unimpressive in this age when all you have to do is scratch past the propaganda of the legacy media outlets to locate a good point or two. If you watch his interview with Morrissey from 2009, Brand is very different from now. He's more preening, airy-fairy, and self-deprecating, is wittier, and takes his time and chooses his words well. The presentation in his current videos is shrill, unfunny, and conspiracy-laden. I realize he's recovered from various addictions, hence the change in personality, but sometimes sobriety makes you latch on to other unhealthy things to replace the sex and drugs.
Well maybe so Aubrey, I do miss him as a comedian I know a lot of people couldn't stand his comedy (often read in his comments people saying how much they disliked him back then) but I've always liked him. Dislike how most of his viewers seem to be very conservative though as a non conservative person the comments can be frustrating. I don't know, bit of a crap response from me but I see what you're saying, still think Russell seems like a good man though unlike Paul Joseph Watson and similar. Not sure if he and Morrissey are still friends?

Jordan P

Well maybe so Aubrey, I do miss him as a comedian I know a lot of people couldn't stand his comedy (often read in his comments people saying how much they disliked him back then) but I've always liked him. Dislike how most of his viewers seem to be very conservative though as a non conservative person the comments can be frustrating. I don't know, bit of a crap response from me but I see what you're saying, still think Russell seems like a good man though unlike Paul Joseph Watson and similar. Not sure if he and Morrissey are still friends?

You're right. I was a bit harsh. I agree: he's nothing like Paul Joseph Watson and other such nasty dipshits. Russell Brand's heart is in the right place. I just think he's gone deep down a "chakras & crystals & Is-ness" rabbit hole and it's made him batty and paranoid. I don't know if he and Morrissey are still friends. I'd just be interested in seeing how they'd converse at this point in their journeys. Brand is kind of wild-eyed and evangelical now. Morrissey might have a calming effect on him—but then again, it's possible it could get out of control and Brand could really egg Morrissey on this time around. In the earlier interview, he was more the voice of temperance.

M. And it's no different from the Holocaust.
RB. Oh, Morrissey, don't say things like that.
M. But it's true. It's exactly the same thing.

You're right. I was a bit harsh. I agree: he's nothing like Paul Joseph Watson and other such nasty dipshits. Russell Brand's heart is in the right place. I just think he's gone deep down a "chakras & crystals & Is-ness" rabbit hole and it's made him batty and paranoid. I don't know if he and Morrissey are still friends. I'd just be interested in seeing how they'd converse at this point in their journeys. Brand is kind of wild-eyed and evangelical now. Morrissey might have a calming effect on him—but then again, it's possible it could get out of control and Brand could really egg Morrissey on this time around. In the earlier interview, he was more the voice of temperance.

M. And it's no different from the Holocaust.
RB. Oh, Morrissey, don't say things like that.
M. But it's true. It's exactly the same thing.
It’s so easy for the press to make a scandalous clickbait headline out of Morrissey interviews 😐

Back
Top Bottom