Morrissey Is A Good Person And Not A Racist, But It's Time To Talk About Britain First

Possibly.

It only matters because For Britain was set up as a far right trojan with the intention of using animal rights, gay rights & feminism to trick voters, whereas Britain First doesn't hide its racism.
Exactly, I've never been one of the "cult" M fans who think you have to be a vegan, to be down with M
His For Britain stance was just something I don't share his views on, like veganism.
if you ain't British its harder to understand what the fuss is about. They do not really understand how left-leaning the UK is, how fecking left leaning a lot of his UK fan base were. When you think of it like that, it helps explain why lots of people were pissed off and why people in the UK went after him.
I can like an artist without liking the person, usually. With M its different, as for the whole of the Smiths and a lot of his solo career, I actually believed a lot of his garbage. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and looked up to him. It was only when I was in my 40s, around 2007, that I finally saw through the BS. I always guessed he was a bullshitter, I just didn't know how much of one. LOL , I don't think M is a racist, if I did it would ruin things for me. Not because my wife is black, but because I would just be disappointed that someone I looked up to , who I thought was above most people and had depth, turned out to be an empty-headed fecker. It would make his words seem empty. I get plenty of LOLs when I see people say stuff like "he says what he thinks", its just what people say about Trump. If you say For Britain are a bunch of racists, you get called woke, by this type of person
Woke is crap but lets not be dumb and pretend not liking racists is just woke. Like I say, I do not think M is racist. Not very bright maybe, not racist

Exactly, I've never been one of the "cult" M fans who think you have to be a vegan, to be down with M
His For Britain stance was just something I don't share his views on, like veganism.
if you ain't British its harder to understand what the fuss is about. They do not really understand how left-leaning the UK is, how fecking left leaning a lot of his UK fan base were. When you think of it like that, it helps explain why lots of people were pissed off and why people in the UK went after him.
I can like an artist without liking the person, usually. With M its different, as for the whole of the Smiths and a lot of his solo career, I actually believed a lot of his garbage. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and looked up to him. It was only when I was in my 40s, around 2007, that I finally saw through the BS. I always guessed he was a bullshitter, I just didn't know how much of one. LOL , I don't think M is a racist, if I did it would ruin things for me. Not because my wife is black, but because I would just be disappointed that someone I looked up to , who I thought was above most people and had depth, turned out to be an empty-headed fecker. It would make his words seem empty. I get plenty of LOLs when I see people say stuff like "he says what he thinks", its just what people say about Trump. If you say For Britain are a bunch of racists, you get called woke, by this type of person
Woke is crap but lets not be dumb and pretend not liking racists is just woke. Like I say, I do not think M is racist. Not very bright maybe, not racist

They went after him because a few hacks thought it was a chance to finally bury him.

I don't believe he is a Racist with a capital R, however neither do I think he is a 'Good Person'. Like most human beings, he is a mix of good and bad traits, though I've heard enough examples both from other people's experiences and his own statements to suspect I'd find him an insufferable asshole in real life, and would actively cross the road to avoid him.
Great singer and songwriter though, which should be all that matters when it comes to artists.

Talking about Morrissey and his accusations of racism is a complex and controversial topic that draws different opinions. Discussing different points of view and arguments can help to better understand the complexity of the situation. Some may feel that accusations of racism are unfair, while others may see problematic language or behavior. I have already argued with many of my friends on this topic. I also read a lot about racism, found https://papersowl.com/examples/racism/ for that. This is a complex topic and it is unlikely that we will know the exact answer to it. Perhaps only when time passes, everything will become clear.
Morrissey, as a musician, has his fans and critics, and many people have different points of view on this issue.

Last edited:
It's not 'racist' to think that mass immigration has negative effects as well as good. It's called stating the bloomin' obvious. It's not 'racist' to point out those negative effects.

Back
Top Bottom