what smiths songs grew on you?

I grew to like Never Had No One Ever, but it's not one of my favorites. I agree with lilybett about Still Ill on Rank. I always liked the song, but it sounds amazing live. It's my fave on Rank.

The first time I heard that I was a drunken wreck and I just started to cry! :o

I always skipped over Well I Wonder, thinking it the weak link in the Meat Is Murder chain, but I gave it a chance and I actually like it. I dont love it, but it's one of those diamonds in the rough that take you by suprise now and then.

Pigsty has also been doing good things for me lately, where's before I thought it was overated and plodding; I think what prevented me from fully embracing the track was that it didn't seem to fufill the climax it was always building up to, which stopped it from being really epic in my opinion. Now though, I appreciate it more as a slow burner, and for the intricacies of the arrangement and the lyrics, which I think are genius.

I am also now in love with 'Work Of Art now aswell, where's before I thought it was unremarkable.

The first time I heard that I was a drunken wreck and I just started to cry! :o

i ALWAYS cry to never had no one ever.....
it's so touching!
i'll be walking down the street with my walkman just sobbing...
not really
well

I always skipped over Well I Wonder, thinking it the weak link in the Meat Is Murder chain, but I gave it a chance and I actually like it. I dont love it, but it's one of those diamonds in the rough that take you by suprise now and then.

Here, here. I love this track, it sounds so simple, pure and uncomplicated. A gentle and undulating melody. A real grower.

Well I wonder definately grows on you, I uesd to skip it too.

Handsome Devil and Still Ill both grew on me greatly...

i was listening to 'I know it's over' while shopping in sainsburys today...nearly in tears looking at confectionary.

tonight i have dusted off the cds i haven't played for ages and remembered i love you just haven't earned it yet baby, half a person and rubber ring

i suppose remembering you love smthg is different to having smthg grow on you but still. you know

Back
Top Bottom