What are peoples views on Vegetarianism, seriously?

I'd rather marry a shop dummy. Lord knows it would probably be less obtuse, argumentitive, infuriating and deliberately facetious. It's a pity you hadn't lived about fifty-odd years ago. Ed Gein could have fashioned a superb ashtray from your unfeasibly thick cranium.

c'mon, baby... i think i love you, i really do!

at least, give me a kiss, to show you're not a bad loser!

either way, i bet you're gorgeous! ;)

(correct me if i'm wrong, but) you seem to be making an assertion, here, rather than asking a question. if i understand you correctly, you seem to be implying that steve's life is one of unendurable hardship as a consequence of his being "despised" by "the majority" and that this situation arises because of his tireless efforts on behalf of the little animals. if this is what you're trying to say, then i really do despair.

firstly, i can't imagine that "the majority" really gives a collective toss about what steve thinks about animals and their "rights". secondly, he's a fairly well-heeled bloke whose bank balance doesn't seem to have been too significantly depleted by his opinion on the subject of animal welfare. thirdly, steve has probably been shown more admiration/love/lust, during the course of his career, than most people will ever know. in short, he doesn't seem to be doing too badly, in spite of it all.

I was referring to people like Mel Broughton or Robin Webb. Or any other direct action figurehead, devoted to any minority cause. No disrespect to Morrissey, because every little helps, but he hasn't held public demonstrations every day of his adult life.

Last edited:
iv been a veggie all of my life mainly cause my family all are not saying i got pushed into it everyone to thier own but if u go around net read into the facts about what goes into your meat and how it is killed ect u would think twice but everyone to thier own

I believe it is not The Crime Of The Century! who appears to be a bad loser here.

hey, buzz off, you!

i'm tryin' to talk to the lady in my life, here! :mad:

iv been a veggie all of my life mainly cause my family all are not saying i got pushed into it everyone to thier own but if u go around net read into the facts about what goes into your meat and how it is killed ect u would think twice but everyone to thier own

good for you!

The Crime Of The Century!, i've added you to my buddy list!

HIM xxx

I'm glad Moz could influence so many people - but I have been veggie for many years before I knew he was because I knew nothing about him besides his voice - and finding out he's into animal rights was such a very nice surprise!
I would turn the question around, actually: can the meat eaters come up with one sensible argument in defense of eating meat besides "humans can by nature digest it" or other stone age scenarios?
why would it be better to kill animals and eat their decaying flesh if it is possible to live a healthy life without killing a creature that does not want to die?
and for those who really truly still believe one cannot survive without meat, please explain to me why Morrissey is still alive at 47 then :D not to mention the millions of other vegetarians worldwide that usually are healthier than meat eaters.

so, what do I honestly think about vegetarianism? I honestly think that if you like and respect animals then you cannot agreee with todays farming methods and spend a cent of your money for these 'products' once you know about how animals are treated in mass production.

as far as shoes I agree with morrissey that it's not that easy. plastic shoes are no good, they are cheap and poorly made and cause athletes foot. I can't wear such feable things. and ordering shoes online from vegetarian shoes is also a problem - fitting is quite problematic without trying them on first.

so, until breathable quality non leather shoes can be bought in regular stores one cannot ask people to stop wearing leather shoes and compare that to meat or even fur - which are absolutely unnecessary. but hopefully such shoes will be available at a larger scale soon.

I'm glad Moz could influence so many people - but I have been veggie for many years before I knew he was because I knew nothing about him besides his voice - and finding out he's into animal rights was such a very nice surprise!
I would turn the question around, actually: can the meat eaters come up with one sensible argument in defense of eating meat besides "humans can by nature digest it" or other stone age scenarios?
why would it be better to kill animals and eat their decaying flesh if it is possible to live a healthy life without killing a creature that does not want to die?
and for those who really truly still believe one cannot survive without meat, please explain to me why Morrissey is still alive at 47 then :D not to mention the millions of other vegetarians worldwide that usually are healthier than meat eaters.

so, what do I honestly think about vegetarianism? I honestly think that if you like and respect animals then you cannot agreee with todays farming methods and spend a cent of your money for these 'products' once you know about how animals are treated in mass production.

as far as shoes I agree with morrissey that it's not that easy. plastic shoes are no good, they are cheap and poorly made and cause athletes foot. I can't wear such feable things. and ordering shoes online from vegetarian shoes is also a problem - fitting is quite problematic without trying them on first.

so, until breathable quality non leather shoes can be bought in regular stores one cannot ask people to stop wearing leather shoes and compare that to meat or even fur - which are absolutely unnecessary. but hopefully such shoes will be available at a larger scale soon.

The shoe situation is definitely appalling. It's so difficult to find decent quality non-leather shoes that aren't either atrociously expensive or just plain ugly, that I've often spent extended periods of time wearing converse or other canvas shoes. In the winter, it's a different matter, and I'm usually forced into searching high and low. It is shocking how consumerism has forced people into buying things which endorse cruelty. Even the Body Shop is now owned by Lo'real, so I had to stop using them as well. :mad:

There is no satisfying answer, which I know is your point. Everything you wrote is well-stated and makes strong, indeed almost self-evident appeals to one's rationality. A person wouldn't even have to be "lefty" or progressive-minded to recognize the sanity of what you wrote.

But of course most people are still meat-eaters. So let me ask you a question-- has the very sound argument for going veggie which you've articulated been ineffectual because it is heard but ignored by meat eaters, or because it is not stated by vegetarians?

Last edited:
The shoe situation is definitely appalling. It's so difficult to find decent quality non-leather shoes that aren't either atrociously expensive or just plain ugly, that I've often spent extended periods of time wearing converse or other canvas shoes. In the winter, it's a different matter, and I'm usually forced into searching high and low. It is shocking how consumerism has forced people into buying things which endorse cruelty. Even the Body Shop is now owned by Lo'real, so I had to stop using them as well. :mad:

I feel your pain. It amazes how much the food industry has grown as regards meat-free products, and yet finding synthetic shoes is a nightmare, when there is obviously a demand for it. I bought some boots from here http://www.veganline.com/ and was pleased with them. Most other places charge way over the odds and only stock hemp sandals in shades of dour. I mainly wear canvas trainers too, and just search high st shops for non leather shoes, new look are quite good at the moment. I have one pair of leather boots which I bought from second hand from oxfam.

Back
Top Bottom