tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Saw "I Am Legend" and I can say that I'm glad I downloaded it. It's a shame thought cause it could have turned out great if not [insert 1000 reasons] such as the super-play station-zombies.

Saw "I Am Legend" and I can say that I'm glad I downloaded it. It's a shame thought cause it could have turned out great if not [insert 1000 reasons] such as the super-play station-zombies.

Yeah, it kind of fell apart towards the middle didn't it? The start of it was really interesting but once we got introduced to the cheesy CGI zombies/vampires that moved like the robots big Willy fought in 'I, Robot', the flick went down the toilet.

Yeah, it kind of fell apart towards the middle didn't it? The start of it was really interesting but once we got introduced to the cheesy CGI zombies/vampires that moved like the robots big Willy fought in 'I, Robot', the flick went down the toilet.

The_Last_Man_On_Earth_28poster29.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1663597729999672400

You should check out the 1st movie version of 'I am Legend' which is closer to the book. The link is above to watch it for free.

The_Last_Man_On_Earth_28poster29.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1663597729999672400

You should check out the 1st movie version of 'I am Legend' which is closer to the book. The link is above to watch it for free.

Thanks, explo...I mean, Corny. :D I read your review of it a few days ago and it sounds solid. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. My boss might be mad if I start watching movies at work...it would get in the way of my posting on solo. ;)

Seen "The Naked Lunch" by David Cronberg? If you like "Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas" then you'll love it.
:)

Perhaps I'm dating myself, but I really liked "Where the Buffalo Roam." If you want to see the first movie about Dr. Thompson than check that out. Bill Murray is freaking hilarious.

Saw Charlie Wilson's War. I liked it quite a bit. I thought it took some guts for Hanks to play a character who essentially through his actions creates Al Qaida. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant as always and nearly steals the movie.

I just saw Atonement tonight (finally). The story was a little strange, but really good. The way the movie ended totally surprised me. I loved the cinematography and the score was really interesting. The sound of typing was mixed with music and it actually gave me a feeling of anxiety watching it.

Has anyone else seen it? I didn't know until tonight that it's actually only in limited release here in the States.

Atonement was 'sold out' when I went to the cinema to see it - its made me even more curious about watching it.

the books better than the film , i read it before i saw it and wished i had not see it

Ok - I will read the book as I have heard that it is good & I like what I have heard about the book/film.

Have only heard bad things about I Am Legend - a radio critic really ripped into it early this week - it was quite amusing!

Have only heard bad things about I Am Legend - a radio critic really ripped into it early this week - it was quite amusing!

What did they say?

I am a 'fan' of the original book. I liked the other film adaptions of the story.

I am so glad they didn't make it with Arnold Schwarzenegger, like they said it would be, when it was green lighted years ago.

Quatermass and the Pit (1967)
Director:
Roy Ward Baker
Writer:
Nigel Kneale (also story)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

quatermassandthepit320x240.jpg

Professor Bernard Quatermass: The will to survive is an odd phenomenon. Roney, if we found out our own world was doomed, say by climatic changes, what would we do about it? Dr. Mathew Roney: Nothing, just go on squabbling like usual.
Professor Bernard Quatermass: Yes, but is we weren't men?

This used to be on all the time when I was a kid. This is probably the best film of the BBC television series Quatermass and the last Quatermass film made by Hammer films.
Aspects of it are really creepy. The dialogue keeps the film going as the aliens are really just supernatural beings who have been dead for thousands of years, we only see their remains. There are religious overtones as the creatures look like horned devils or giant locusts and are recognized through history by the scienctist, as references to the devil on cave paintings. These Martians, have a physic hold on humans. They have lay buried for thousands of years until the aliens craft has been uncovered in a London underground station.

hammer-quatermass.jpg

Prof. Bernard Quatermass played by Andrew Keir is the stuffy old professor, gruff in manner and not your sort of hero you have come to know in films. There is no love interest with Barbara Shelley, she isn’t used in any subplots within the film to show romance. You have the usual heads knocking together between the scientists and the military played with cold authority by an excellent Julian Glover. Who dismisses the aliens as Nazi propaganda from the 2nd world war. As the journalist and television stations are invited to see for themselves, then all hell breaks lose.

The cinema photography is very clear and bright with the colors; it is a wonderful looking film.

pit_qu7.jpg

the books better than the film , i read it before i saw it and wished i had not see it

ahh thank you. I think I'll read the book now. My poor friend that went with me said she was only about 3/4ths of the way through the book so she was completely shocked by the movie ending. Guess she should've finished the book first :rolleyes:

What did they say?

I am a 'fan' of the original book. I liked the other film adaptions of the story.

I am so glad they didn't make it with Arnold Schwarzenegger, like they said it would be, when it was green lighted years ago.

The movie critic just seemed to find the film laughable, she was wondering why the Wil Smith's character didn't go out & see if there were any other people left on earth, laughed about how he still would pay for his DVD's (I think she thought it made him seem a bit of a do-gooder)

The movie critic just seemed to find the film laughable, she was wondering why the Wil Smith's character didn't go out & see if there were any other people left on earth, laughed about how he still would pay for his DVD's (I think she thought it made him seem a bit of a do-gooder)

Oh right, very serious critical opinion on the film then:rolleyes:

He didn't travel, because the population had been mutated into vampires from the virus. It was too dangerous.

I suppose from the three years of isolation, the character still acted and did things that he felt was ‘normal’ for him to do. As of course he is a do gooder its Will Smith:)

Ritual dos Sádicos, O (1970)
Awakening of the Beast

Director:
José Mojica Marins
Writers:
Rubens F. Lucchetti
José Mojica Marins (story)

c9.jpg

Quotes:
[first lines]
José Mojica Marins: My world is strange, but it's worthy to all those who want to accept it, and never corrupt as some want to portray it. Because it's made up, my friend, of strange people, though none are stranger than you!

"Banned for 18 years by Brazilian authorities, this Coffin Joe outing goes way, way out in depicting the suffering of a drug-user whose LSD trips take him to the edge of torment."

awakeningofthebeast5.jpg

Low budget stuff. All very odd. Made and starring José Mojica Marins in a top hat, thick beard and very long nails! A couple of doctors and 'coffin joe', tell each other examples of the dangers of drug taking. With stories generally featuring sex , because the men smoke, snort or inject something want to rape women or indulge some sort of group depravity. The doctors stories are in black and white and Coffin Joe's LSD story is in color. All poorly acted, directed and written and not very entertaining. I suppose am watching it from a perceptive of seeing other films exploring the dangers of drugs in a more polished manner. But a load of incoherent images with melodramatic acting and reaction shoots isn't very enjoyable. The color scenes in primary colors work quite nice, but the images are meaningless and don't really show the effects of LSD. What the film and it's director was trying to say, worked only when the stories were inter-cut with the conversations between the Coffin Joe and the doctors.

Ritual dos Sádicos, O (1970)
Awakening of the Beast

Director:
José Mojica Marins
Writers:
Rubens F. Lucchetti
José Mojica Marins (story)

c9.jpg

Quotes:
[first lines]
José Mojica Marins: My world is strange, but it's worthy to all those who want to accept it, and never corrupt as some want to portray it. Because it's made up, my friend, of strange people, though none are stranger than you!

"Banned for 18 years by Brazilian authorities, this Coffin Joe outing goes way, way out in depicting the suffering of a drug-user whose LSD trips take him to the edge of torment."

awakeningofthebeast5.jpg

Low budget stuff. All very odd. Made and starring José Mojica Marins in a top hat, thick beard and very long nails! A couple of doctors and 'coffin joe', tell each other examples of the dangers of drug taking. With stories generally featuring sex , because the men smoke, snort or inject something want to rape women or indulge some sort of group depravity. The doctors stories are in black and white and Coffin Joe's LSD story is in color. All poorly acted, directed and written and not very entertaining. I suppose am watching it from a perceptive of seeing other films exploring the dangers of drugs in a more polished manner. But a load of incoherent images with melodramatic acting and reaction shoots isn't very enjoyable. The color scenes in primary colors work quite nice, but the images are meaningless and don't really show the effects of LSD. What the film and it's director was trying to say, worked only when the stories were inter-cut with the conversations between the Coffin Joe and the doctors.
you should have your own film programme and stuff, you're way better than Wossie ;)

you should have your own film programme and stuff, you're way better than Wossie ;)

:othanx....i like this little hobby of posting my little ramblings about films here.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom