Tel Aviv - Bitan (July 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Night Pop Dropped / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of blueish1 via setlist.fm

Last edited:
Lol. Whatever made him think that scrawling that on a tatty old bit of paper and waving it about smugly would be a good idea. Im no royalist but its neither funny or very tasteful. People are strange....
like, does he honestly think that that song, or hatred of the monarchy in general, is about a personal grudge against the life of one specific old lady, and that her death is therefore some kind of a score? so dumb. you just know that he fancies himself to look like a young jewish morrissey, too. the rest of the crowd look okay.

Lol. Whatever made him think that scrawling that on a tatty old bit of paper and waving it about smugly would be a good idea. Im no royalist but its neither funny or very tasteful. People are strange....
thought that as well dan,the window for mocking the queens death ended a long time ago.

he looks like baba vanga in that photo with the thing on his head,for anyone who doesnt know who baba vanga is she was a psychic from the balkans who predicted a lot of things which actually happened.

Last edited:
First Morrissey show ever yesterday, had a great time. Kinda surprised at all the negativity here (also it mostly seems to be this Benny guy).

Setlist was very solid I thought, if a bit short. Opening with HSIN was legendary and a big surprise, a honor to see him sing that. 5 Smiths picks, and all of them stone-cold classics for me, were all well performed - can't complain about that. Half a Person was the highlight of the whole set, such a moving song.

Solo songs selection was good, especially loved "Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and "I Wish You Lonely". Of course, Suedehead and Sunday are classics. Was great to hear "My Hurling Days" too.

New songs kinda sucked, lyrics seemed quite repetitive and uninspired. This Notre-Dam song was ridiculous, Night Pop Dropped was quite bad, the Telephone song was catchy but just seemed silly ("who wants my money now..."). I always try to be open to new material but this wasn't it.

Morrissey vocals were really good I thought, his voice is so unique and recognisable.
Band was solid, I was completely unaware of the band members switch controversy and have no idea who Alain is, I understand people liked him but no point taking out frustration on his replacements, it's not their fault. Carmen was solid on guitar and the crowd loved her. Keyboard girl was also great, nice solo before "Sunday" (just a shame the douche next to me talked through the whole thing). Wasn't the most spectacular backing band ever but the songs sounded good.

Overall had a great time. Imperfect show and could have been much longer, but I knew what to expect and I got to see a legendary musician sing a set that was about 70% bangers with some absolute great high points.

Last edited:
like, does he honestly think that that song, or hatred of the monarchy in general, is about a personal grudge against the life of one specific old lady, and that her death is therefore some kind of a score? so dumb. you just know that he fancies himself to look like a young jewish morrissey, too. the rest of the crowd look okay.
He's displaying the result of Morrisseys influence.
A total idiot.
Well done Morrissey.
You 100% arse.

Back
Top Bottom