Stop me if you think you haven't heard this one before. The Bowie snub in Manc

I would not want to make a funeral speech about my passing colleague whom I didn't get along with very well.

i dont think it really should have anything to do with whether he liked bowie personally or not. no man is an island; no artist either. every artist that comes along should know his place and recognize the debt he owes to those who came before him. when someone who is a giant in your field dies you put aside personal feelings, and you show respect, you pay tribute. that's just professionalism. to not do so is bad manners--although possibly if you are morrissey you might not care about that. but to deliberately go out of your way to make a point of not doing so? that's something else entirely.

sorry, moz, but i loved bowie first :(

speaking of men i love, i always thought for you to admire oscar wilde so much you must have a very wildean spirit yourself. but i am 110% certain that is not the way oscar would have handled the death of a colleague, especially in front of an audience comprised of people who likely admire that person. even IF oscar didnt like him, or felt that he had slighted him in some way, he still would've been respectful and humble, because that's who oscar wilde was. but let's face it, oscar wilde would've adored david bowie--because he's david bowie.

i still love you though, moz! and i have to admit i did think it was slightly hilarious, but also, frankly, a little troubling.

Maybe Morrissey thinks Bowie is not dead. You know, "Great men never die"...

Maybe Morrissey thinks Bowie is not dead. You know, "Great men never die"...
i dont... is that a quote from something?
oh i hope... i hope im wrong about moz.. and if i am, and even if im not, i do hope he isnt offended and takes this to mean that blazer shopping is off. silly mozzer, we're ALWAYS on for blazer shopping:cool:

i dont... is that a quote from something?
oh i hope... i hope im wrong about moz.. and if i am, and even if im not, i do hope he isnt offended and takes this to mean that blazer shopping is off. silly mozzer, we're ALWAYS on for blazer shopping:cool:

Blazer shopping is overrated, too. I went blazer shopping a couple of times (maybe more) with men I had a relationship with and believe me, that was not fun. When you see two or three blazers all of them look the same, and the lack of decision is terrible considering the minimal differences between them. All that fuss about it and then they always use the same, the one they find more comfortable to wear. :D

Blazer shopping is overrated, too. I went blazer shopping a couple of times (maybe more) with men I had a relationship with and believe me, that was not fun. When you see two or three blazers all of them look the same, and the lack of decision is terrible considering the minimal differences between them. All that fuss about it and then they always use the same, the one they find more comfortable to wear. :D
oh you paint a bleak picture, dear countthree! is that really what i should expect? oh woe! the dream is gone, the dream is gone.... nothing left to live for....

but surely it must depend not on the blazer but on the man?! i mean, there are bigger differences between men than blazers. and surely it wouldnt be so bad if it were morrissey one were accompanying. i mean, it's not like i go blazer shopping with just anyone! and let's face it, the man can make afternoon tea look like a gay old time--so why not blazer shopping, that's why i say! you know you are welcome to come, of course. you'll find out how fun blazer shopping can be.

oh you paint a bleak picture, dear countthree! is that really what i should expect? oh woe! the dream is gone, the dream is gone.... nothing left to live for....

but surely it must depend not on the blazer but on the man?! i mean, there are bigger differences between men than blazers. and surely it wouldnt be so bad if it were morrissey one were accompanying. i mean, it's not like i go blazer shopping with just anyone! and let's face it, the man can make afternoon tea look like a gay old time--so why not blazer shopping, that's why i say! you know you are welcome to come, of course. you'll find out how fun blazer shopping can be.

:eek: Are you proposing a blazer shopping threesome? :oops: How bad is that?

:eek: Are you proposing a blazer shopping threesome? :oops: How bad is that?
you bet i am:brows: but i must make myself clear: you cant take up all his attention if we do this thing. occasionally i might want to make what i think to be a shrewd observation about lapels or somesuch of which ill want him to take note. those are my rules.

you bet i am:brows: but i must make myself clear: you cant take up all his attention if we do this thing. occasionally i might want to make what i think to be a shrewd observation about lapels or somesuch of which ill want him to take note. those are my rules.

Ok, I'll do the carrying the bags thing watching the floor.

sounds kinky. But really, countthree I'm gonna appoint you to be chaperone because we all know that rifke can't be trusted to be alone one minute with M. Anyways it'll be fun, because M is not the type of guy who would pick out a blazer just because it is 'comfortable to wear'.

You are right :)

sounds kinky. But really, countthree I'm gonna appoint you to be chaperone because we all know that rifke can't be trusted to be alone one minute with M. Anyways it'll be fun, because M is not the type of guy who would pick out a blazer just because it is 'comfortable to wear'.
i would personally really like to see him in some velvet ones? hopefully i wont encounter any opposition from him when i suggest he try them on. i hate to be one of those awful people that makes a person try on things when they clearly dont want to but i've got my heart set on seeing him in either a red or a midnight blue velvet blazer.

i would personally really like to see him in some velvet ones? hopefully i wont encounter any opposition from him when i suggest he try them on. i hate to be one of those awful people that makes a person try on things when they clearly dont want to but i've got my heart set on seeing him in either a red or a midnight blue velvet blazer.

Maybe bordeaux instead of red.

Let's face it - if Johnny Marr fell under the wheels of a double decker bus tomorrow, it's 50/50 whether Morrissey would even comment on his passing.

Putting David Bowie on the cover would imply that he was on the record, which is one good reason permission was denied. It's the same kind of thinking that would lead him to want to re-release "Paris" after the terror attacks, to capitalize on unrelated events and go for that "guaranteed number one" record. A record with David Bowie on the cover is going to sell more. That's the only way it makes any sense.

Of course, I agree. It was kind of half-rhetorical question :)

Of course, I agree. It was kind of half-rhetorical question :)

Off topic, I know.
Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.
Only joking. Half-rhetorical is fine by me.
And the tag " hate " will give you for- ever- growing results on this site.
By the way, just curious, ARE you a musician, as your username implies?
Gerrit

Off topic, I know.
Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.
Only joking. Half-rhetorical is fine by me.
And the tag " hate " will give you for- ever- growing results on this site.
By the way, just curious, ARE you a musician, as your username implies?
Gerrit

I don't hate, i am just being critical. Huge difference. And yes I am.

Back
Top Bottom