Southpaw release

Unlikely. I'd say Glass Menagerie/Belfast became Teachers Are Not Afraid eventually after some tweaking...

My guess is - Honey You Know / You Should Have Been Nice To Me (which is a great melancholy track) / and maybe Laughing Anne.

Mr. R, do you know if any have vocals? (aside from Honey)

Southpaw Grammar is my favorite Moz record, which puts me in the minority, I know. I still listen to it often, sometimes weekly. The initial release will always be out there, so I'm hoping for as much change in this release as possible. For me that would mean: new artwork, new tracklisting, Nobody Loves Us and You Must Please Remember as part of the new tracklisting, alongside newcomers Laughing Anne, You Should Have Been Nice to Me and Honey You Know Where to Find Me, and the extended versions of Dave and Southpaw. It's a lot to ask, but that is enough change to demand my purchasing a new copy. It would also demand new reviews, etc...

I'm reluctant to see all those changes. One of the best things about the original release was its tight, concise tracklisting. But, as I said, we'll always have the original. Give the new one a completely different feel. Let it stand alone as a release and let us debate which is the better version.

I'm glad there aren't a million extras, because I hate it when re-issues are too cluttered.

really? i find it a waste of money when you already have the album adn then they re-release it with like 2 or 3 bonus tracks or a alternate sleeve with a tacky badge :)....paint a vulgar picture.
maybe a deluxe 2cd would have been better.

Yes, the others have vocals. Although unfinished and rough.

Dear Mr Reynolds,

I think I speak for everyone when we are all thankful for the release of "The Glass Menagerie," which as you correctly pointed out to me seems like an initial stab at what later became "The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils."

What mystifies me is why not simply liberate everything you have in your Morrissey related musical arsenal? Are you in some sort of danger of being identified? I know you have released other gems in the past, and I wrongly concluded you hadn't anymore material. You've never asked for financial remuneration and seem like an honest to goodness fan of Morrissey like the rest of us.

Given all this, why not release what you have?:pray:

Respectfully,

-Vaux

He has explained before that Morrissey was unhappy about it, I think he wasn't happy with Honey w/vocals being leaked if I recall correctly.

Is it just me or are people finally "getting" Southpaw Grammar.

Because back in 1995, everyone pretty much hated it.

He has explained before that Morrissey was unhappy about it, I think he wasn't happy with Honey w/vocals being leaked if I recall correctly.

Yes, that is correct.

Which is fair enough.

Which is why I have decided against sharing any other 'vocal' tracks at this present time. Especially since some of these may be finished and released on the new Southpaw CD. As a fan, I want as many people to buy the actual album as possible to further encourage other releases.

Do you think they will release an album without promoting it in someway, there willl sure be somekind of CD/7" single to buy as well as promos.

Yes, but Honey, You Know Where To Find Me doesn't sound Soutpaw-ish at all, and wouldn't fit.
We will have to wait and see...

It was still written and recorded at the same time as the inital Boy Racer etc demos.

And it's not as if it'll suddenly be track 3 now. If it's on it'll be at the end out of the way.

Do you think they will release an album without promoting it in someway, there willl sure be somekind of CD/7" single to buy as well as promos.

I doubt there will be extra singles, etc. Didn't Pulp re-release all their most recent albums with extra tracks within the past 3-4 years? I don't think they also released CD-singles to promote the re-releases. I'm sure Sony will provided some minimal investment, but the album only sold 60,000+ copies the first go around.

I'm just happy with the new artwork and unreleased songs.:)

Tags
southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom