Should I drive up to Philly for Monday's show?

Should I drive up to Philly for Monday's show?

• Total voters
Should I stay or should I go?

I'll spare you the details of my failed Moz show experiences a couple weeks ago. I've had a monstrously shitty couple of weeks, and seeing Morrissey again may be, at the very least, a two-hour respite. Never mind the irony with which the general population would see in trying to cure the blues by seeing Morrissey.

Pros
===
  1. It is Moz, after all.
  2. Tickets are reasonably cheap, and, more importantly, still available
  3. All the show cancellations were followed immediately by the worst week that I've ever had in my professional career. I came back from my failed Philly/NYC trip to find that my boss had replaced 95% of the work I'd done over the past three months without telling me, accused me of ruining his 4th of July holiday because he spent the entire time writing the replacement for my work, accused me of causing him to lose sleep because I didn't react to his efforts the way he expected, and told me that I was both lazy and too methodical, and criticized my writing style even though I was deliberately copying his own. WTF?
  4. My car could crap out at any minute during the drive

Cons
===
  1. I'd miss my wife & kids, and they'd have to go to bed without having me sing "Asleep" or something for their bedtime lullaby
  2. It's Monday night.
  3. It takes 3 to 3.5 hours to drive to Philly on a weekend, and a weeknight is sure to be worse since I'll hit DC's and Baltimore's rush-hour traffic.
  4. I'd have to drive back the same night.
  5. I have to work the next day.
  6. It's not free, after all, and I'm already in the hole from the previous round of concerts.
  7. I won't be able to tape it well because my previous efforts failed so miserably and I haven't had the time or money to rectify the problems.
  8. My car could crap out at any minute during the drive

On second thought, maybe I didn't spare any of the sob story after all. Sorry.

Last edited:
Treat yourself and you'll have summer that you'll always remember!

Take the wife and kids!

The only real reason to miss a Morrissey show to begin with!

I'll spare you the details of my failed Moz show experiences a couple weeks ago. I've had a monstrously shitty couple of weeks, and seeing Morrissey again may be, at the very least, a two-hour respite. Never mind the irony with which the general population would see in trying to cure the blues by seeing Morrissey.

Pros
===
  1. It is Moz, after all.
  3. All the show cancellations were followed immediately by the worst week that I've ever had in my professional career. I came back from my failed Philly/NYC trip to find that my boss had replaced 95% of the work I'd done over the past three months without telling me, accused me of ruining his 4th of July holiday because he spent the entire time writing the replacement for my work, accused me of causing him to lose sleep because I didn't react to his efforts the way he expected, and told me that I was both lazy and too methodical, and criticized my writing style even though I was deliberately copying his own. WTF?

Cons
===
  1. I'd miss my wife & kids, and they'd have to go to bed without having me sing "Asleep" or something for their bedtime lullaby
  2. It's Monday night.
  3. It takes 3 to 3.5 hours to drive to Philly on a weekend, and a weeknight is sure to be worse since I'll hit DC's and Baltimore's rush-hour traffic.
  6. It's not free, after all, and I'm already in the hole from the previous round of concerts.
  7. I won't be able to tape it well because my previous efforts failed so miserably and I haven't had the time or money to rectify the problems.

hell, yes - do it!
You only live once. If you don't, you'll be sitting at home wishing you had!
:)

Pros
===
  1. It is Moz, after all.

Cons
===
  2. It's Monday night.

It's kinda sad you can't make choices yourself...

Yes, absolutely.

Your family would want to see you happy, I'm sure.

Once Morrissey hits the stage, you will forget all about the traffic.

You can make up the sleep, but you cannot make up this moment in time, with this particular artist. It will never come again.

Could you ever really regret seeing Morrissey?

I have two tickets to the show. Of course, I can make the re-scheduled date...but now I have an extra ticket and my husband cannot attend. I will drive up there alone from the Pittsburgh area. My family is sort of forbidding me from going as theyre worried, but whatever, I wouldnt miss it for the world.

Back
Top Bottom