Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

That article you've quoted is clearly rueing the fact that there is (or was, at time of writing in 1993) a stigma about being gay.

You seem to be interpreting it as The Guardian celebrating the fact that there were so few openly gay pop stars, which is the complete opposite of what the journalist is saying.

No - I'm using it as evidence that there was a known problem with being gay in the music industry in 1993.

Oh dear. I don't want to be the cause of you getting dispirited enough to ditch the forum. I missed your posts. I thought maybe you had gone to Wales to walk down Nicky Wire's street, or to Carlisle to have a Coors with "a gay man from Cumbria" who can't spell. We can definitely drop it. I am just an incurable negativist.
well, yes you are a negativist, but that was only part of it. i've also just been too tired/distracted to post here! you wont be the cause of my ditching this forum! <3

Hey Rifkie… Question for you😉
Why does you friend Audrey seem to be sooo obsessed with me?
He always seems to drop my name into posts that I have nothing to do with, have you noticed?

A lot of people that I know are also astonished at my stupidity.

The importance of being Earnest Eh.

He’s probably a bullshitter just like the rest of us.

Hey Rifkie… Question for you😉
Why does you friend Audrey seem to be sooo obsessed with me?
He always seems to drop my name into posts that I have nothing to do with, have you noticed?

This most recent mention of you was because she said on this thread, or some other off-topic thread, that she'd be willing to have a Coors with you. So it was just inane speculation. I do mention you occasionally, Carlislebaz, but it's kind of a retaliation, because I'll be minding my own business on here and then I'll read one of your chicken-scratch poems called "THE VERY WORST OF SOLO" or something like that, and it'll have a line or two about me. "And Audrey | what a 4king dork | boring as hell | bet he's never had a tumble or a fumble." I'll be happy to have a detente, though. Let me be boring without comment and I'll let you be a doofus the same.

I think your next poem should be called "IS CARLISLEBAZ AS SERIOUS AS THEY SAY?"

Let me ask you 4kers something
This is a quiz. Where was I born?
Was my favorite band ever the Thomason Twins?
Where did I sow my oats?

Cuz you aughta know by now
The countless notches on my bedpost
I have been brave
in every shaven cave
I have said LET'S
to every doughy pear-shaped floozy
who said WHY NOT?

The ladies never said no to Baz
The hansom devil
But it's not for the ladies anymore
Wot U see is wot U get
Accept yourself. Just like I do.
When I'm serious you know it.

NEVER RETIRE MOZZZ
See you in Nottingham.

Last edited:
🙄
Some great lines here Audrey…Another talent you have shown on here. I might add that all my sexual encounters were consensual.
You’ve also missed the d out of handsome 🫢
Are you going to Nottingham?
Thought you lived over the pond?

🙄
Some great lines here Audrey…Another talent you have shown on here. I might add that all my sexual encounters were consensual.
You’ve also missed the d out of handsome 🫢
Are you going to Nottingham?
Thought you lived over the pond?

I was trying to write it in your voice. It was supposed to be a parody, Carlislebaz. That's why there were misspellings. Yes, I do live over the pond. "Hansom" is the name of an old-timey horse-drawn cab here in the states, so you're right: it's off that a Brit would confuse the two. This is what happens when you compose off the cuff.

I apologize if it looks I was implying you raped anyone. "Too drunk to say no" is indeed rape, but I was hoping the "doughy pear-shaped floozy" description indicated they would've said "what the hell, why not?" anyway. I'll change it in an edit, because even though I find you an irritant, I don't hate you and I don't think you're a rapist. It was supposed to be, as you like plead for your own depravities, "just a bit of fun."

Yes I kind of thought it was a parody….

And a very good one as well, very amusing it was.
And you’re also right with very off the cuff Quickly strung together words, albeit a few spelling mistakes.

This is how I write fast and furious,
I’ve never taken myself seriously as I’m the first to admit it’s all rather nonsensical, and Quite Brutish at times.
This is not my natural nature.

Could I be separated from my art?

Who cares ?

Yes I’m an irritant on here
We call this, a pain in the 4cking arse
Over here.

Well I’m pleased we don’t hate each other
I really don’t hate anybody on here other than Hoffman.

The next “ poem” I’ll do will be a parody of you next Thursday night.
Until then ………….

Looking them up now, it appears there were Hansom cabs in England. So maybe it's not so off. In New York City, at any rate, they're still in use as a ridiculous tourist excursion, and the horses are still brutalized. Since we're chatting, I read somewhere else that you tried vegan cheese and didn't like it. This is not surprising. I've found vegan cheeses to be poor substitutes for cheese, except on pizza or sandwiches. But on their own they just don't make it. What I recommend if you're looking for a vegan snack to go with your wine is, instead of cheese & crackers, hummus & crackers. I'll await the poem.

I’ve been veggie for about 16 months now
All other attempts failed over the years, but now I’ve cracked it.
Cheese is my all time fave food.
Some vegan cheese is ok, most is awful.
I’ve also stopped buying cows milk and have adopted soya milk.

Small steps Audrey.

Back
Top Bottom