Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

79A89EFD-AB1C-47FF-95EA-D10F0318A3A8.jpeg

This is a great day.

I think your next poem should be called "IS CARLISLEBAZ AS SERIOUS AS THEY SAY?"

Let me ask you 4kers something
This is a quiz. Where was I born?
Was my favorite band ever the Thomason Twins?
Where did I sow my oats?

Cuz you aughta know by now
The countless notches on my bedpost
I have been brave
in every shaven cave
I have said LET'S
to every doughy pear-shaped floozy
who said WHY NOT?

The ladies never said no to Baz
The hansom devil
But it's not for the ladies anymore
Wot U see is wot U get
Accept yourself. Just like I do.
When I'm serious you know it.

NEVER RETIRE MOZZZ
See you in Nottingham.
Much too readable

Looking them up now, it appears there were Hansom cabs in England. So maybe it's not so off. In New York City, at any rate, they're still in use as a ridiculous tourist excursion, and the horses are still brutalized. Since we're chatting, I read somewhere else that you tried vegan cheese and didn't like it. This is not surprising. I've found vegan cheeses to be poor substitutes for cheese, except on pizza or sandwiches. But on their own they just don't make it. What I recommend if you're looking for a vegan snack to go with your wine is, instead of cheese & crackers, hummus & crackers. I'll await the poem.
They had them in Paris too because the phantom of the opera was always going about in hansoms.

Anyway, yours and baz's interactions are my favorite. :lbf:

I feel guilty! I got some gossip from a good source & it sounded like it was all about to be made public so I yakked about it, like I do - then it wasn't - but it was on God Awful YouTube videos.

There's elements of moral panic - but I think it's being overshadowed by Daytime Feuding & the looming Kiss & Tell. If it was just an unwise workplace fling with a 20 year old, then it is pretty grim.
But does P.S. fit into your schema, Professor Malarkey?!

A famous person, long thought to be married, whose real-life gender preferences are now causing labeling problems for media folk? Of course there's news mileage to be gained from his brother's crimes but I'm trying to understand why after decades of popularity, he's being roundly turned on.

I bet he's interviewed Morrissey at least once. Some big nose may know : )

But does P.S. fit into your schema, Professor Malarkey?!

A famous person, long thought to be married, whose real-life gender preferences are now causing labeling problems for media folk? Of course there's news mileage to be gained from his brother's crimes but I'm trying to understand why after decades of popularity, he's being roundly turned on.

I bet he's interviewed Morrissey at least once. Some big nose may know : )

No. At the moment it's a scandal.

I don't think he has interviewed Morrissey? I'll look around.

I didn't know this until just now, but the son of Daniel Day-Lewis and Isabelle Adjani had a brief side career when he was in college. He was a rapper (as of ten years ago, that is). "Gabe Day," he called himself. The summary of Green Auras is pretty funny. One of the many dangers of having kids: they can grow up to really embarrass you. The video appears to have been scrubbed from YouTube. It's only viewable with commentary from a pair of bro-vloggers. Those kinds of giggling dad/bro voices are nails on a chalkboard to me, but the comment with the most likes is a good one: "Daniel Day Lewis' greatest acting role is pretending to be proud of his son."

His wife looks atrocious and she is not a chic woman. I mostly blame her for this ensemble. Because someone needs to take the blame for it.

IMG_2614.jpeg

Would this unusual top, a wearable magazine, go with the high waisted jeans?!

View attachment 91553

What do you think about Phillip Schofield so? On the face of it, I find his public hounding and shaming for a personal relationship unbelievably regressive, unless it fits into the acceptable sacrificial victim/folk devil category you refer to?
its another example of the press and some of the public going after a celebrity whos crime is he lied,i used to be a professional liar when i was younger,we all lie,might be a small lie or a big lie.there is war,floods and famine in the world but they are only interested in a tv presenter who had an affair with a man when he was married to a woman,big deal.

Back
Top Bottom