Observation about "I'm OK By Myself"

Young And Alive

To me the intro sounds like a cross between "Girl Afraid" and The Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)?".

Any other YOR similarities out there?

don't know why but most times he sings Mama In MLSOTR i think he's going to sing Bohemian Rhapsody for some Bizzare reason :confused:

it sounded like "sweet and tender hooligan" the first time i heard the intro.

don't know why but most times he sings Mama In MLSOTR i think he's going to sing Bohemian Rhapsody for some Bizzare reason :confused:

Ahahahahaha!

Does any one find the end of I'm Ok By Myself uplifting? With his lalalalalala in the end and whatsoever... I never perceived Morrissey as having such a high pitch and I get goosebumps whenever I listen to this songs' and end and also It's Not Your Birthday's.... and the way he says Skull! too. I don't know, I might just be insane.

Ive been listening to Refusal constantly since Monday and I keep changing my mind on what track i like best. At the moment, im really liking this one. Think the guitar part on the outro almost sounds identical to the intro to All You Need Is Me... but thats me (no pun int)

First time I heard this song I thought he sang "Now this may make you fart in your bed". I still hear that.:)

Peter

He manages to say "throw up" in one syllable.

Speaking of which, when Skull was debuted was it always "don't givemeanymore"? I could've sworn it was just "don't give me more"

First time I heard this song I thought he sang "Now this may make you fart in your bed". I still hear that.:)

Peter

Speaking of which, when Skull was debuted was it always "don't givemeanymore"? I could've sworn it was just "don't give me more"

didn't he do that live?

and i love "i'm ok by myself" i always listen to it whe i need to be

Last edited:

Yeah, I noticed that about the throwing up lyric too. One can't help but wonder why he didn't just use the word "puke" instead. Would have fitted into the line quite nicely, and he used that word on "To Me You Are A Work of Art" already so I doubt he'd have any issues about it being too gross!

As for Skull, I've always heard the line as "don't give anymore, don't give anymore...you swore you would not give anymore".

Yeah, I noticed that about the throwing up lyric too. One can't help but wonder why he didn't just use the word "puke" instead. Would have fitted into the line quite nicely, and he used that word on "To Me You Are A Work of Art" already so I doubt he'd have any issues about it being too gross!

As for Skull, I've always heard the line as "don't give anymore, don't give anymore...you swore you would not give anymore".

'throw up' has more consonance and assonance with the other words in the line than 'puke' which has none.. plosive sound of puke doesnt really flow with the line.. that sort of thing perhaps i dont know but it could be that. x

Back
Top Bottom