Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much. Kill Uncle was almost the last straw. Alain, Boz, Spencer, and Gary breathed new life into those songs on that historic tour which led to Your Arsenal and his career was saved.

Spot on. Alain saved Morrissey's career twice...first in 1992 with Your Arsenal, and then with 2004's You Are The Quarry.

Every F'ker on here is speaking for other people. I've never known a place like it.

If its not bollocks about "being in the know" it constant negativity, tbh it gets a bit tiresome.

I'd hold more faith in someone whom we know is actually in contact with Morrissey (regardless of how little), than someone who says "I can't tell you how I know this" or "Well I shouldn't say this but..." or nonsense of having heard unreleased albums (without showing any evidence at all).

Sorry but this whole overreaction over Alain leaving that has turned into just a mass pile on Jesse (and more) just stinks as far as I'm concerned. And if it does come to light that Alain left for personal reasons, there should be a lot of people on here who should take a long hard look at themselves. They're like f'kin vultures.

As for the never-ending criticism of anything Fiona does or says, again its out of order to stoop down to personal insults, completely uncalled for.

Rant over
Actually, I agree with you here. It kind of did get a bit spicey mate.
To be clear, I am definitely not a M hater. I just think he could do better than Jesse. I don't hate jesse even. I don't know the geezer. I am just saying what I have heard over the years and why people don't like him. You are right though it can go a bit far.
For me it's just annoying as the gigs were fire and I was really looking forward to the shows in Ireland and the UK. They will still be good I expect., The new player is fecking good. I think for some of us, its just seems like a never-ending shit show the last few years. Gigs being cancelled, records not coming out and I think that Alain going seemed to make things worse.
Point taken though fella , shit posing although funny is a waste of energy

Wow. All hearsay and lies. No evidence. No proof. Tony and Jesse were in the middle of a disagreement and Tony was obviously defending his wife…
Unless you have met Jesse and know him personally, only a fool would believe what they read or hear. Have some empathy and respect for others and stop being a toxic, hateful lie spreader. I hope you get sued for defamation. Also. No one in their right mind would believe the hate you spread - it sounds like what someone who was rejected by him or is jealous of him would say.
LOL
You say all lies. Then admit Tony threw so much fecking shade on the Lationo dork he didn't get a sun tan for 6 years, So it's not all lies is it?
Some of us can't say how we know. because people get in trouble That is why people can't show receipts. That doesn't mean they aren't there. Seems like Team M had come out in force to try and balance the books on solo. Not the first time.
I don't know Jesse , so I do not hate him. I don't think he is a bad songwriter , I just think M could do much much better, As a music and M fan, I can say that if I want.
Someone asked why all the hate about Jesse people explained. Jesse is old enough and ugly enough to take a few home truths.. Jesse has gone on twitter and spread stuff about other people so "you get what you fecking deserve " to misquote The Joker

Off to bed.
To end on a positive note, the new guitarist really is fire and I think M will be determined to make sure the gigs are ace. Roll on Dublin

Spot on. Alain saved Morrissey's career twice...first in 1992 with Your Arsenal, and then with 2004's You Are The Quarry.
Really? If you follow that logic, I guess Alain was also to blame for the relative failures of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted.

It is way too simplistic to suggest that, 'Alain saved Morrissey's career' at any point. He co-wrote some fine songs, no question, but the success of the two albums that you mentioned was down to many other factors as well.

what? I didn't attack Depeche Mode what the feck is wrong with everyone today?
I said it sounded like a Depeche Mode rip-off, how the feck is that attacking them? Tell me? I love Depeche Mode and have said on here I like the new LP and I have tickets to two of their shows. If you must fecking know. My daughter also loves them.
I also like the song River Clean. its still a Mode ip off though. That is some dickish jump to say I am attacking "synth-pop" I was on about the production with the Beep beep comment ,. Now stop being a dick . My point was Dog is not cutting edge that's all. Lots of dance and synth-pop have been using the tricks used on Dog for 30 years. as someone else said . Thats it
I accept your heartfelt apology.
Only joking. Yah I was being a bit of a dick reading things into what you said. My bad. I'm thinking the DM concert(s) could be the highlight of the year. Sorry I'm off topic.

I forgot this bit.
I was saying if you only listen to M, then Dog may seem cutting edge but if you have a wide music taste then you will see there is nothing cutting edge about it END OF. Not my fault you didn't read it properly. Now off you feck, and take your synth-pop with you.
Jaysuz you just blew up the rickety bridge I was building between us. Sorry off topic.
P.s. the Bowie 'moonage daydream' documentary is excellent. I just segued into more topics that are 'off'.

The new guitar is a kind of "female Steve Vai" style of playing. Is it what a band needs nowadays? Of course with M she will just play a copy of a copy of her antecedents.
But, what a bummer. And it's not about a gender subject. Just a fact.

Now that Al's gone again, I wonder if we'll see a return to the band being dressed in matching uniform? For the new girl's sake, I hope Moz doesn't expect her to play in speedos.

Really? If you follow that logic, I guess Alain was also to blame for the relative failures of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted.

It is way too simplistic to suggest that, 'Alain saved Morrissey's career' at any point. He co-wrote some fine songs, no question, but the success of the two albums that you mentioned was down to many other factors as well.
Southpaw grammar and maladjusted are really good albums.

And if you try to compare with others for example world peace is non of your business and low in highschool, well, in that case South and Mal are top notch albums in fact

You are crazy. A person is allowed to tweet an opinion or write a response to Kristeen’s lies (which obviously Morrissey was behind and probably helped write). Jealous and bitter, all of you. It’s no different from what you spend all day doing on this forum.
Kristeen's lies? Wow. Well, sounds like you just don't know. Instead of defending what could very well be the virus that is keeping Mozza Still Ill (see what I did there ;)), you should take a step back, look at what has been there the whole time since that guitarist first played in the band; mediocrity and problems in the Moz' band. Leave the championing to, well, Jessie fans, err, he has no fans other than you. (Wait, is this Jessie?) Nonetheless, leave the sad, subjective rebuttals for those who are looking for ideas to write a good Netflix series. HE HAS NO PLACE IN MOZZA LAND!! Morrissey needs a real musician like Alain and a real manager like... ANYONE, other than that low life, Donny.

Now, when I'm at Vicar Street queuing and hoping to see the bus pull up with AW and the rest of the lads (sans JT - one can hope) in it, I'll remember these moments, let these absurd changes sink in, and pray that this is not the beginning of the end for Mozza.

Kristeen's lies? Wow. Well, sounds like you just don't know. Instead of defending what could very well be the virus that is keeping Mozza Still Ill (see what I did there ;)), you should take a step back, look at what has been there the whole time since that guitarist first played in the band; mediocrity and problems in the Moz' band. Leave the championing to, well, Jessie fans, err, he has no fans other than you. (Wait, is this Jessie?) Nonetheless, leave the sad, subjective rebuttals for those who are looking for ideas to write a good Netflix series. HE HAS NO PLACE IN MOZZA LAND!! Morrissey needs a real musician like Alain and a real manager like... ANYONE, other than that low life, Donny.

Now, when I'm at Vicar Street queuing and hoping to see the bus pull up with AW and the rest of the lads (sans JT - one can hope) in it, I'll remember these moments, let these absurd changes sink in, and pray that this is not the beginning of the end for Mozza.
Why do you believe Kristeen? Pathetic and sad.

Southpaw grammar and maladjusted are really good albums.

And if you try to compare with others for example world peace is non of your business and low in highschool, well, in that case South and Mal are top notch albums in fact
That's highly debateable and it's beside the point.

Anyhow, the music for Low in High School was very well received. It was Morrissey's contribution that was seen as the issue.

Last edited:
Why do you believe Kristeen? Pathetic and sad.
:ROFLMAO: Pathetic and sad? Thats what you have to say? Well, once again, I'll reiterate. You know nothing. 🤫 Just stop here. Really, you'll feel better. The KY story says a LOT about the people Mozza surrounds/surrounded himself with. One that you should research. Why Don't you Find out for Yourself? (See what i did there...again?😉). Okay. I need a coffee. It's too early for Mozzery drama.

I thought it was about time Jesse Tobias left the ranks adequete but Alain bring something more to the band maybe Carmen and Alain would be a bettter bet

Yep, you can't tell much. That is obvious by what you post
I bet you like stars wars and wear band shirts that have the dates of the tour on the back "Look karen, I went to all these shows " .LOL
If you bet on either of those two things, you would be wrong. I think Star Wars is utter shite, and I don’t wear band shirts that have the dates of the tour on the back, and I don’t know anyone called Karen. I also don’t say the word “feck” all the time, threaten to sexually assault forum members, call people “mongs” or constantly tell blatant lies...
As for my posts, they’re top quality, and if you don’t realise that then I forbid you to read them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom