• Maladjusted

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • You are the Quarry

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mama was a disappointment; particularly the beginning but the ending really makes up for it. :)
My favourites are I'm OK By Myself which is great, Jesse's on top form, quite similar to the demo of WDYFOFY and Black Cloud if you ignore that it sounds similar to THPGU in the middle :p, Jeff Beck's guitars are... evident and very good.

I'm surprised at how little appreciation Maladjusted gets around here. If I'm not mistaken, it was considered a strong album when it first came out, and it was received a lot better than Southpaw Grammar was. I actually love both Maladjusted and Southpaw Grammar, but I would rate the former a tad higher than the latter. The only Morrissey album that I'm not a big fan of is Kill Uncle, but even that has its strong points.

My list:

1. Vauxhall and I
  2. Your Arsenal
  3. You Are the Quarry
  4. Viva Hate
  5. Ringleader of the Tormentors
  6. Maladjusted
  7. Southpaw Grammar
  8. Kill Uncle

I'd like to see how this poll would look with the compilations and live albums included. I think Bona Drag would do quite well and I love Beethoven Was Deaf. :guitar:

I'm surprised at how little appreciation Maladjusted gets around here. If I'm not mistaken, it was considered a strong album when it first came out, and it was received a lot better than Southpaw Grammar was. I actually love both Maladjusted and Southpaw Grammar, but I would rate the former a tad higher than the latter. The only Morrissey album that I'm not a big fan of is Kill Uncle, but even that has its strong points.

My list:

1. Vauxhall and I
  2. Your Arsenal
  3. You Are the Quarry
  4. Viva Hate
  5. Ringleader of the Tormentors
  6. Maladjusted
  7. Southpaw Grammar
  8. Kill Uncle

I'm a big fan of Maladjusted, in fact it's my 3rd favourite behind Vauxhall and Viva Hate. The title track and Trouble Loves Me are two of the best songs from the solo years.

Last edited:
looks like vauxhall is the peoples choice , wonder where YOR will rank now that people are hearing it :confused:

C'mon, I need at least SIX MONTHS to decide whether Years of Refusal is better than Ringleader.

I went V&I. I really enjoyed Southpaw overall---but man, what a dropoff from V&I. What happened? And then you had Southpaw? Another drop off. I guess it's kinda like having Kill Uncle stuffed between Bona Drag and Kill Uncle.

Back
Top Bottom