• Maladjusted

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • You are the Quarry

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just heard Years of Refusal through twice, I have to say I'm pretty impressed mostly. Better than Quarry!

Standout tracks:
Mama Lay Softly
It's not your Birthday
One Day goodbye will be farewell

There's no stinkers but "Sorry doesn't help" seems a bit bland, and the closer could have been a bit stronger. Nevertheless a very good album. 8/10

Just heard Years of Refusal through twice, I have to say I'm pretty impressed mostly. Better than Quarry!

Standout tracks:
Mama Lay Softly
It's not your Birthday
One Day goodbye will be farewell

There's no stinkers but "Sorry doesn't help" seems a bit bland, and the closer could have been a bit stronger. Nevertheless a very good album. 8/10

:confused:

Do you have a promo CD?

1. Your Arsenal
2. Vauxhall And I
3. Viva Hate
4. Maladjusted
5. Southpaw Grammar
6. Ringleader Of The Tormentors
7. You Are The Quarry
8. Kill Uncle

Nope, it's on soulseek as of yesterday. I've still buying the album, but I couldn't resist a listen.

I'll do the honours:rolleyes: ...

LIAR.gif

So, How would you rate YoR when compared with Quarry and Tormentors? :)

bryony only heard two other songs, she might be still unable to make up her mind.

I need at least 6 months to decide whether Years of Refusal is Morrissey's best album or not.

Maurice E and others don't post another poll until August this year. :p

bryony only heard two other songs, she might be still unable to make up her mind.

I need at least 6 months to decide whether Years of Refusal is Morrissey's best album or not.

Maurice E and others don't post another poll until August this year. :p

true :) I'm just curious to know how they feel about it ;)

Correction: I now have all of the new record on my PC!

edit: Up to track 2 of YOR now. Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed is as gorgeous as ever.

Last edited:
Correction: I now have all of the new record on my PC!

edit: Up to track 2 of YOR now. Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed is as gorgeous as ever.
I ADORE Mama, I've said it a million timesbefore, I know :o :) - but then you said Carol and birthday were the highlights ? this sounds great! :guitar:

I ADORE Mama, I've said it a million timesbefore, I know :o :) - but then you said Carol and birthday were the highlights ? this sounds great! :guitar:

Yes, they are highlights as well, but the whole album is great really. The only tracks that let it down are THPGU and AYNIM. Why he stuck them both smack-bang in the middle of the album (or on the album at all, for that matter) is a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom