Morrissey statement on true-to-you - Los Angeles and Pomona sold out within 20 minutes

Statement - true-to-you.net
16 September 2011

Morrissey's concerts at The Shrine in Los Angeles and the Fox in Pomona both sold out today within 20 minutes. The Shrine is Morrissey's fastest-selling Los Angeles concert in over ten years.

Morrissey and the band are delighted, and would like to express heartfelt thanks to everyone who bought tickets.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey statement on true-to-you - Los Angeles and Pomona sold out wit

As I have said before, if Morrissey is behind the sorrowful blog, then this shows how his career has devolved into nothing more than a sad joke.

He should focus on securing a solid band--like Boz, Alain, Spencer, and Gary. No one can argue that these guys were his strongest group other than The Smiths.

The early days of Moz being solo were always filled with excitement and vigor for the quality that was released.

None of his recent releases (over the past few years) can compare to the quality of the classics--when he was full of vigor and as Richard Butler would say, "piss and vinegar."

The lemmings will certainly disagree, but those who have been around for a while will concur.
Here, Here !
"...the story is old, but it goes on."

i am so elated, i got my tickets for the shrine, to see my moz!!!! They are nose*bleeds but at least i am going!! :d counting the days.....

Re: Article: Morrissey statement on true-to-you - Los Angeles and Pomona sold out wit

As I have said before, if Morrissey is behind the sorrowful blog, then this shows how his career has devolved into nothing more than a sad joke.

He should focus on securing a solid band--like Boz, Alain, Spencer, and Gary. No one can argue that these guys were his strongest group other than The Smiths.

The early days of Moz being solo were always filled with excitement and vigor for the quality that was released.

None of his recent releases (over the past few years) can compare to the quality of the classics--when he was full of vigor and as Richard Butler would say, "piss and vinegar."

The lemmings will certainly disagree, but those who have been around for a while will concur.

True enough. Alain and Boz had the right stuff. Back and forth with tunes, ideas and it worked. More than that, it wad damn near a miracle. Hate to compare, but almost as miraculous as The Smiths.
"Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall", equal if not surpass The Smiths! So there! I said it! ..."Open-Fire"!!!

True enough. Alain and Boz had the right stuff. Back and forth with tunes, ideas and it worked. More than that, it wad damn near a miracle. Hate to compare, but almost as miraculous as The Smiths.
"Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall", equal if not surpass The Smiths! So there! I said it! ..."Open-Fire"!!!

Open Fire Reply

I would like to know (and no piss takes) the reasons WHY previous band members have been shown/taken the fire exit!!!!!!!

Spencer ,Alain and all the rest along the journey!! He's worked with some really good guys in the past compared to the muppets he now surrounds himself with!!!
Is it about money/wages (you get what you pay for,which could explain the shit live gigs this summer).
Anyway enough about cash and shit pub artists the QUESTION IS ...........

List the previous personnel and WHY they LEFT/PUSHED

Fanks

Open Fire Reply

I would like to know (and no piss takes) the reasons WHY previous band members have been shown/taken the fire exit!!!!!!!

Spencer ,Alain and all the rest along the journey!! He's worked with some really good guys in the past compared to the muppets he now surrounds himself with!!!
Is it about money/wages (you get what you pay for,which could explain the shit live gigs this summer).

Fanks

The answer is very simply

Morrissey is a complete control freak and when previous personnel did not confirm with his wishes they were shown the door.

Morrissey is a complete control freak and when previous personnel did not confirm with his wishes they were shown the door.

Thanks again annon

Does anyone know what they're up to at present?? They really was tight.............I miss them...

Do you know what!!!!! Good for them !!!! I HATE YES MEN!!!!!

I hope they are very happy and my very best wishes go out to them, thankyou for all you gave us boys.

THANKYOU

Just thought how come Alain carried on writing for a while ?? Did he not like touring??

Also this has got to lead to the question of BOZ!!!!!!

How has he survived all these years of Morrissey????

Is he a yes man?????

And also should I be a journalist/Asking the true nitty gritty questions?????????

Also this has got to lead to the question of BOZ!!!!!!

How has he survived all these years of Morrissey????

Is he a yes man?????

And also should I be a journalist/Asking the true nitty gritty questions?????????

Also how come they never come back to haunt him??????

Thanks again annon

Does anyone know what they're up to at present?? They really was tight.............I miss them...
Alain Whyte was in L.A. Last news was he had His band Red Lightning and stays busy with the music biz. Gary Day a D J about town and appears every so often, bass guitar in hand. Spencers in NYC, still a fine drummer and still at it. Same as Deano B., maybe in California? Great drummers both! But this is old news, right?!
Truly a shame to have let the talents of Alain Whyte slip away! Very, very missed and a real gentleman. Alain is pleasant and amiable, way more than a good guy!
Thank the stars above for Boz! Boz is still around, because some how he and Morrissey are true blue friends. Boz is a Taurus, 19 May and a Taurus is patient and loyal. Two qualities that would be needed in dealing with, well ... You get the general idea!

Also how come they never come back to haunt him??????

Why should they, it's never Morrissey who tells them, as for Alain it's still
not clear if he composes demoos for Morrissey, as since he left the band soon
at the beginning in the Quarry tour, but Alain made contributions on Ringleader of the Tormentors
and Years of Refusal, so I hope if Morrissey get's deal and he get a producer to record, some
quality songs from Alain Whyte would be on it

If his past members of his band threaten Morrissey, he just goes to the police,
all those members aren't that foolish to do that, cause it will be in the media and I'm
pretty certain they won't get asked for other bands or projects even knowing Morrissey is not that
much apreciated as 'personality' by his fellow musicians, as an artist ofcourse he is

so most are satisfied they had been working with Morrissey, it's respresentive
for their further carreer, ' but only if they want to'

Last edited:

Open Fire Reply

Fanks
The answer is.... Money Changes Everything! Is there enough to satisfy all those involved and is the pay worth dealing with, well, you understand. Love and best to all: Joe Moss, Grant Showbiz, Steven Street, Mike and Andy and Craig, Spencer, Deano, Mikey V, Alain Whyte, Langer and Winstanley.... "The story is old, I know, but it goes on"
OH Morrissey, the harsh truth of the I-pod screen, but we almost love you still!

You're welcome Moz! We expect nothing less than an amazing show!!!

latest 'coincidence' from morrisseysworld - site posts link to timesonline article of andrew winter describiong his time as moz's roadie, a day later article apparently removed by mozza's lawyers. yet moz still hasn't asked for morrisseysworld to be taken down. morrisseysworld is offering to close and he doesn't seem to want it to. Hmm, wonder why?

3 denials all bringin in more people, a series of spellbinding coinciences. morrissey wants us to join up and follow his quest to become the new justin bieber

latest 'coincidence' from morrisseysworld - site posts link to timesonline article of andrew winter describiong his time as moz's roadie, a day later article apparently removed by mozza's lawyers. yet moz still hasn't asked for morrisseysworld to be taken down. morrisseysworld is offering to close and he doesn't seem to want it to. Hmm, wonder why?

3 denials all bringin in more people, a series of spellbinding coinciences. morrissey wants us to join up and follow his quest to become the new justin bieber

Well he's gonna have to want cause pony is going nowhere.
How old is he???
Best thing he can do is get the band cracked and get some decent songs cracked.
The world is really having a tough time and all he can do is play silly games with his fans, he should try living life in the reall world instead of living like someone with blue blood,you can just imagine him fitting in very well with the royal family at Buckingham Palace!!!
Anyway God save the Queen.

I've just begot a daughter. Giving birth isn't easy so that's worth to live!
Move forward for the future, walk in the different way. I do wish your
happiness. I'm not smart but I want to be wise. Time doesn't wait
no one, so. Thank you and farewell*

Congrats with daughter and the miracle of life treasure every moment,it was the best thing that ever happened in my life.
May be I will see you in far off places messing around and pulling silly faces with your daughter!!!!
Thankyou and farewell**

Why do people believe Morrissey's World Blog and Twitter is really written by the man himself? Although, I accept the indivdual concerned has a flair for writing and captured the spirit of the singer, somewhat, it isn't enough to convince me. Neither is the fact that blog has been quick to post stories (there could be numerous explanations for this without there being any input from Morrissey).

When one reads the posts it's obvious the writer has a good knowledge of Morrissey's career, by the way his lyrics and expressed views are woven into the text, but this also less than subtle, like a fake trying too hard to be authentic. Then, there are also aspects which, to my mind, do appear out of character with my own perception of Morrissey; in particular the celebrity attention seeking. The star himself is the best example - as the entire blog encapsulates - top-of-the-page, the author proudly cites Morrissey's three denials of ownership and then challenges him to request the sites are closed (disassociate yourself, condem me, but please do not ignore me is a likely motivation). These moments of acknowledgment from his master's voice are undoubtly orgasmic for the author. On Twitter the this attention seeking takes michievous turn as the tweeter gets to play Morrissey with all manner of people. Only today I noticed he tweeted such diverse celebrties as Boy George (reasonable) to Katie Price (highly unlikely). Is this really how we think Morrissey spends his days?

Back
Top Bottom