Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 2007

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Re: Live at Hollywood bowl DVD

Sorry, but Wolverhampton is indeed the holy grail. I don't even think it's a subjective thing... any longtime fan should agree. It's a piece of history and regardless of the number of songs played, it's a monumental gig and the template for all gigs to follow. The Morrissey who took the stage that night... insecure, full of nervous energy and unsure of the future never appeared again. The songs played sounded tight and yet rough... Craig Gannon doesn't get enough respect for carrying that gig on his shoulders musically. It's an important document that more than lives up to expectations. If I had access to a time machine, I'd set it to December 22, 1988.

I've seen some of the Tim Broad Kill Uncle footage and it's nice... but Kill Uncle was a lousy tour and I don't find 1991 as interesting as 1988 in terms of Moz history. I don't think any of the footage was ever properly assembled in a documentary format though. It's just raw footage that will likely waste away as the years go by.

All 'fandom' is subjective Tom. I'm a too-longtime fan and I agree to disagree ~ I'd prefer the 'KU' footage.

As for the status of that footage, this appeared in both the 'NME' and 'MM' at the end of June '91 ~

4401366691_13198486ab_b.jpg

~ suggesting it's from an EMI press release. Which would lead me to reckon the documentary was pretty much complete at that point.

I see you haven't changed your mind from two years ago

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/archive/index.php/t-107497.html

Yeah, I know, consistency's a curse :thumb:

All 'fandom' is subjective Tom. I'm a too-longtime fan and I agree to disagree ~ I'd prefer the 'KU' footage.

As for the status of that footage, this appeared in both the 'NME' and 'MM' at the end of June '91 ~

~ suggesting it's from an EMI press release. Which would lead me to reckon the documentary was pretty much complete at that point.

I remember hearing a while ago that the 1991 tour Tim Broad footage was 'destroyed' because something along the lines that Morrissey wasn't happy with it. I don't recall the source.

I happen to know first hand that the documentary wasn't anywhere near complete and Tim's health factored into the fact that nothing ever came of it.

I don't believe the footage is destroyed. James O'Brian has some (if not all) of it and he's the one who gave the 2002 documentary some of the footage to use. I have the video of Moz performing with Bowie as well as a post concert interview, both are rough edits with timecodes. It would be nice if someone did something with all that stuff one day.

4401366691_13198486ab_b.jpg

Last edited:

I remember hearing a while ago that the 1991 tour Tim Broad footage was 'destroyed' because something along the lines that Morrissey wasn't happy with it. I don't recall the source.

Oh No! :(

I happen to know first hand that the documentary wasn't anywhere near complete and Tim's health factored into the fact that nothing ever came of it.

I don't believe the footage is destroyed. James O'Brien has some (if not all) of it and he's the one who gave the 2002 documentary some of the footage to use. I have the video of Moz performing with Bowie as well as a post concert interview, both are rough edits with timecodes. It would be nice if someone did something with all that stuff one day.

Oh Yes! :)

Thank you kindly for the information. It's all that I have; unless you'd care to share your video? ;)

Hello Everyone, I know I've not been around here for SO long but can anyone help track down a copy of this show at the hollywood bowl? It would be highly appreciated, thank you.:thumb:

I'd have to veer to Viva and his 'intended' re: Wolverhampton. Obviously I'd love to see it, but the holy grail of Moz videos? Nope. It's still only 8 songs, most of which are interrupted, sung poorly, but played well. I wasn't there but I know a woman who was. She said it was shit. She also said Moz was fat then, so clearly she had judgement issues, but even so, listening to the bootleg, seeing what footage there is, it's clear it was an 'event' more than a great concert. Beautifully filmed and cut I'm sure, but after 25 years I'd wager that most people would be non-plussed if it ever did appear.

For me the 'holy grail' is the 1991 Tim Broad documentary of the 'Kill Uncle' US tour (1st leg) which was snuffed out just prior to an MTV broadcast and PMI long-form VHS release. Snippets popped up in 2003 in 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey' but I don't know of anyone that has seen the full piece. I'd eat a scabby shite to own that.

Now that would be something to be seen. Eventually, we'll have all that is left in the vaults...it's just a matter of time.

Viva, do you have either or both of the 2002 Royal Albert Hall gigs you could possibly throw my way

I have a boot of one of the shows (can't remember which night), but it's missing a few of the last songs of the set, including that excellent rendition of "Speedway" that was available for a time on one of the ROTT singles

Viva, do you have either or both of the 2002 Royal Albert Hall gigs you could possibly throw my way

I have a boot of one of the shows (can't remember which night), but it's missing a few of the last songs of the set, including that excellent rendition of "Speedway" that was available for a time on one of the ROTT singles

I don't actually collect bootlegs anymore or have any in my collection. You might want to try Skylarker or Drifter...if they don't have them, you probably won't find them from anyone else on this site.

I'll PM you the show from September 17th on the condition you stop making creepy references to my girlfriend.

I'll PM you the show from September 17th on the condition you stop making creepy references to my girlfriend.

so you DID see those remarks, and ignored them hoping I'd just go away, huh?

You need to understand there is nothing "creepy" about my wanting to talk to her. Us Mazzy Star fans are a straved lot, you turd. Imagine an apocalypse that wiped out 95% of the human race, with the remaining 5% going underground for a long time. Or you could just take the easy way and watch "Book of Eli", where pretty much the same thing happens

That's what Mazzy's fanbase is like. You'd be dying for some common interaction to, if you appreciated their aural and spectral brilliance.

f*** it, what am I saying. Just PM me the goods and I'll drop the issue. Scout's honour

http://www.sendspace.com/file/94uiok

Royal Albert Hall
London, England
September 17, 2002
Source: Audience
Grade: C

01.I Want The One I Can't Have
02. Hairdresser On Fire
03. Suedehead
04. Little Man, What Now?
05. The First Of The Gang To Die
06. Jack The Ripper
07. I Like You
08. Mexico
09. Sister I'm A Poet
10. Alsatian Cousin
11. Everyday Is Like Sunday
12. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
13. Meat Is Murder
14. Irish Blood, English Heart
15. Late Night, Maudlin Street
16. Speedway
17. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

mazzy starr are p. cool

man, I'm probably too late, have spent the last hour on the web searching for the audio of this show. I would so appreciate if someone here could point me to an active link. really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom