Morrissey in Iran?

gay_hanging_iran.jpg

QUOTE]

Oh My GOD! :eek: how is this possible?? how can people be so cruel and ignorant?

I'm shocked! I didn´t know about this... :( :(

Dear God. The fact that this still happens, *anywhere*, in the 21st Century, f***ing sickens me. Maybe Moz' supposed hidden innuendo was right.. shirtlifters should take over the world...

ann coulter post :
SOmetimes we loose prespective here in America arguing over things like Gay Marriage (which I'm against) Gay adoptions, Civil unions..

@coulter

so whats your problem with gay marriage since you are against it?
i will never ,never understand why straight people care about if somebody marries someone their own sex...
why do you care?

Last edited:
So Morrissey wants to go to Iran, even though they kill homosexuals, but he won't go to Canada, because they kill baby seals... I'm just trying to wrap my brain around that reasoning.

P.S. I love baby seals and most Canadians :D

Those people are indeed COWARDS :mad:

SOmetimes we loose prespective here in America arguing over things like Gay Marriage (which I'm against) Gay adoptions, Civil unions....etc And we totally forget or ignore the fact that in most places in the world homosexuality is either a capital crime or a punishable crime/offense. We have it too good here compared to those poor people in Iran who have to put up with such intolerant hateful bigotry, all in the name of religion.

I'm glad Bushie took out the Taliban... it's just a shame that he was too incompetent to find Bin Laden.

I dont think we should consider ourselves to be lucky in the west because our laws on homosexuality and sexuality in general are better. It's not "lucky" to be able to marry someone of your own sex or to be able to adopt a child with a partner of your own sex - those are birth-rights! People are free to do as they wish provided they don't cause harm to others. Homosexuality doesn't cause harm to others, hence, a society intolerant of it (in any way) is one based on bigotry and not democracy. I consider any society that is intolerant of homosexuality an invalid state. Tolerance is the very LEAST we should expect, if we were given free houses by our governments now that would be lucky!

The only arguments I've ever heard against gay marriage either invoke or circle around religion... there is no logical reason to forbid it, only reasons based on faith in this or that version of god. And that makes a ban on gay marriage unconstitutional. How long before we get around to facing that truth? I'm freaking sick of my straight marriage being used as a statistical pawn in this game.

Morrissey was joking. There is no way he could go to Tehran. I think he was kidding, trying to make an antiwar point.

i will never ,never understand why straight people care about if somebody marries someone their own sex...

I don't think DAnn is straight.

I consider any society that is intolerant of homosexuality an invalid state. Tolerance is the very LEAST we should expect, if we were given free houses by our governments now that would be lucky!

Very well said, I totally agree with you :)

I don't understand why there is still so much hate over a personal matter such as one's sexuality...it does not make any sense to me.

and thanks Dann for the link...it's truly shocking :(

The only arguments I've ever heard against gay marriage either invoke or circle around religion... there is no logical reason to forbid it, only reasons based on faith in this or that version of god. And that makes a ban on gay marriage unconstitutional. How long before we get around to facing that truth? I'm freaking sick of my straight marriage being used as a statistical pawn in this game.

There's a lot of morality in law. There's no real logical reason to ban polygamy or brother-sister marriages (well, there are some genetic/health reasons on the latter, but that's not really why it's banned). I think the ban is probably unconstitutional but I think the other restrictions are as well, so they'll likely all be thrown out together.

EDIT: Also, if we're to be tolerant of gay marriage, which I think we should be, then we need to be tolerant of these other forms as well, whether we agree with them or not. It's too personal a decision among consenting adults for the state to be involved.

I think Morrissey in Iran would be world news... Do you know how many western singers are allowed to perform live in Iran? I've never heard of one, but I could really be wrong... Iiiiiii'd love to see a world controversy about Morrissey playing and slagging off Bush in Teheran... But from there the American government would ban his entrance to the country, I'm sure of it.

Morrissey would be dragged off stage by the Iranian police for saying the women should take off their headdressess.

Morrissey would be dragged off stage by the Iranian police for saying the women should take off their headdressess.

And that men should be allowed to have relationships with each other :p
He recently slammed Bush again by saying he was against same-sex marriage. Those views clearly don't go down well in Iran.

I think Morrissey in Iran would be world news... Do you know how many western singers are allowed to perform live in Iran? I've never heard of one, but I could really be wrong... Iiiiiii'd love to see a world controversy about Morrissey playing and slagging off Bush in Teheran... But from there the American government would ban his entrance to the country, I'm sure of it.

Yes, Moz in Iran would be quite an event. Can you immagine him singing that beautiful gem, Dear God Please Help me in Iran?, can you immagine him, all sexy throwing his shirts into the crowd? - and slagging off Bush and Blair? Not to mention that we might just say something like, "So, I hear being gay is not allowed in Iran?"

so... yes,That would be world news for sure...:D

However I cannot immagine the Iranian Government allowing him there.

And that men should be allowed to have relationships with each other :p
He recently slammed Bush again by saying he was against same-sex marriage. Those views clearly don't go down well in Iran.

Morrissey said he is against same-sex marriage?:confused:

I thought Morrissey was against marriage of any kind

Morrissey said he is against same-sex marriage?:confused:

I thought Morrissey was against marriage of any kind

No, Morrissey slammed Bush because Bush is against same-sex marriage. He then said he didn't understand why since Bush's father was in one of those relationships :p

There is a video in youtube - it's really funny :D

No, Morrissey slammed Bush because Bush is against same-sex marriage. He then said he didn't understand why since Bush's father was in one of those relationships :p

There is a video in youtube - it's really funny :D

Indeed :D

Back
Top Bottom