Lima - Jockey Club (Mar. 14, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Black Cloud / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Alma Matters / Sheila Take A Bow / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / How Soon Is Now? // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by klaus

Last edited:
Someone knows the name of the music that sounds as outro? And someone knows the name of the songs videos played before the concert? I only recognize the New York Dolls (Looking For A Kiss)
if its the operatic voice(is it?) then it still is klaus nomi "death" ',
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwsR71YZPac based on
the aria 'Dido's Lament' from Henry Purcell's opera 'Dido and Aeneas
found on nomi`s album "simple man"and on morrisseys
" under the influence" compilation

here is a list for the music:audio ,video , intro, exit, backdrop
http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/single/?p=616712&t=4708237
the problem that the only a few audio songs from this tour has been
recognized by fans.
.a lot from the posted list is still under construction....

goinghome who orginally began compiling the intermission list for
the summer tour 2011,didnt had a complete info from the winter
2011 US/mexico tour aka which songs had been taken off the list.
some fans has been kimd enough to give mre info for the Southamerican
Tour 2012. but still..a lot of the songs,also from the videos,but from the audio
in particular are unsure, which he still plays and which he had now taken out.
so if you can listen through the links and tell us what sounds unfamilliar
from the pre show audio tape or whats looks unfamiliar from the pre show
videos we would be most pleased

Last edited:

I've stood in the back at shows and have seen this before, but this video really captures it beautifully, where Moz as sun or day sings to the crowd whose phones make them look like a sea of stars in the night sky. I love that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a lovely scene. Not so great when you are right next to these fools with their iphones in your way
There is a lot of footage from this concert, but no Sheila Takes A Bow. Why? Did it really get played?
Let's hope he keeps it in the setlist for Jakarta and Singapore
lastparty

SHEILA TAKE A BOW!!!! Gracias por dejarnos ser de los pocos privilegiados Morrissey!!! nunca lo vamos a olvidar

Sheila Take A Bow el mejor regalo bien,bien,bien cubrió cualquier expectativa... aguante las lagrimas hasta alma matters, el concierto me destruyo, ya puedo vivir tranquilo. Gracias MORRISSEY.!!!!!
P.S. Para los criticones... así hubiera salido con una silla a leer el periódico habría sido todo un espectáculo verlo.

Morrissey ROCKS!!!!!

con mucha emoción vi a un cantante aburrido como si lo obligaran a cantarnos no canto las canciones que esperaba algunas de las que paso solo me provocaba bostezos me di cuenta que tengo que ser mas fan, lo que si tiene dominio de escena la experiencia que te da mas de 30 años en los estrados de 10 le pongo 5 bien puestos.

el sonido malo porque había mucha vibración ademas no habían pantallas laterales para los que pagaron menos de 500 soles no era muy cómodo no verle la cara.

al final de concierto salí con sueño y creyendo que debió dar mas en el escenario que la entrada no es barata en la practica casi un minimo vital. No justifico ni modo para la próxima.

Cual es tu nombre? Tongo? Chacalón? o Ricky Martín? Creo que te equivocaste de concierto, EL CONCIERTO FUE EL MEJOR ESPECTACULO DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS, con un Mozz entregado, un Setlist de ensueño, nos regaló !19 ! DIECINUEVE CANCIONES, tiene pocos discos pero casi todas las canciones son conocidas, que querías pues, un concierto dde 50 canciones? Bueno, para que hacer hígado con "turistas" que solo van a los conciertos con su camarita kodak de 100 soles para, dizque, grabar al artista. POSERO.

Simplemente genial, espectacular, no sé que calificativo más ponerle. He asistido a más de 60 conciertos en mi vida y este sin duda, será uno de los más gratos y recordados. Los músicos estuvieron de acuerdo a la calidad de Mozz. Si "How soon is now" me parecía una canción fuera de este mundo la interpretación de ayer me dejó mudo, sentía como si estuviésemos flotando y asistiendo a una ejecución maestra en la que cada músico realizaba la presentación de sus vidas. Definitivamente, estuvimos frente a uno de las artistas más importantes de la historia, si viniera 1000 veces más iría las 1000 veces. Gracias maestro!!!

Why doesn't he just go the whole hog and have the band perform naked?

i think the semi naked band thing isn't cool. it'd demeaning to everyone and makes morrissey look like a dirty old man. robert palmer once got flak for having similar dressed sexy girls backing him in a music video, and at least they were dressed. its clear he's picked most of the band not for their musical ability too.. which makes it more sad. its not very rock n roll. i think it would be better if morrissey was dressed the same as the band - but he won't cheapen himself, so why do it to others? he would look more dignified than he does now if he was semi naked too.

no wonder he can't get decent musicians. who would join his band? this may be a terrible band music wise, but these guys are real troopers for putting up with him

its sad. morrissey used to be so cool

Thank you for taking the time to write your thorough review in English, iloveumoz. Much appreciated. :flowers:

THIS HAS BEEN EPIC!!! I went tuesday night to the hotel and saw him stroll by the lobby into the hotel bar. People were told to leave the bar so I stayed at the lobby my drink until he came out again. He never did. He went upstaris thru a back stair at the bar and only the rest of the band stayed for a while longer. They came in and out to have a smoke outside and whatever. I stayed a little longer and had a brief chat with his personal security guard. He is the man who appears in the pictures in chile, who is beside him. He told us they spent the day at the hotel, did some excersise, sunbathed for a while and then went out for dinner to a nearby restaurant, went to starbucks (?) and went bowling. They had to leave because there were too many fans.
Then, they returned to the hotel (that's when I come into the story and what I saw at the hotel bar) The band seemed very "selfish" and didn't want to speak to anybody when having a smoke or strolling by the lobby. Security came up to our tables and strictly prohibited we spoke, yelled, stood up or took pictures of morrissey when he came in. I also saw the man that is mentioned in other threads of this page, whom we think is Moz's "close" friend. He came in and out of the bar and to the front desk twice. I still yelled his name, he looked at me and waved goodbye! <3

Wednesaday morning I went back to the hotel and I "bumped" into the security guard again. He was leaving for a walk along the coastline and I ran to catch him up and he told me morrissey was not leaving the hotel until 6:30pm. (too late for me to be @ the hotel and drive by rush hour to be on time in the concert. gates would open 6pm) I asked him if I could send Morrissey a letter which he gratefully accepted. He asked me to wait until he came back from a walk. I waited about 40min and I gave him the letter. He was amazingly nice and very nice to me.

The venue was perfect. Gates opened at 6pm and I was right up front, 3 rows from the front. Space was small bur vert wide. In between Kirsteen Young and Morrissey there were nice videos of Elvis and other "retro-rockabilly" artist which by this time I can't remember because of the nervousness of the moment!

The Bells started to chime and boom!!! Ecram went down and there was Morrissey, saying "In the City of Kings I just want to sing!!!" First of the gang to die was the first song. He was wearing a blue shirt with some kind of white dots (it wasn't exactly dots, but something similar) denim pants and brown shoes. Thick white gold necklace with big catholic cross)
He gave his hand to a girl who evidently was not peruvian. Probably a fan travelling around the globe with him. Morrissey's security was very friendly with here before the show. They came onstage and talked to her several times.

During alma matters he had a beetle on his face which he didn't notice for about 1minute. He wiped it off his face and turned around and wouldn't turn back again. I guess he was embarassed? ='(

Everyhting went smoothely and like most peruvians, they didn't know the words to the songs. Most of them (I won't say all of them) were just posers who were up front. The colombian keyboardist (gustavo manzur) had to walk up to the microphone (haha, sounded like the lyrics for sing your life) Anyways, he had to walk up to the microphone and asked us to scream and he said that he told Morrissey before the show that the peruvian crowd was very loud (which evidently they weren't) so we had to all scream louder for him.

Let Me Kiss You. Epic moment. He threw his shirt which I had in my hands for a millisecond and then someone took it, people were fighting over the shirt for son long. I could only get hold on one button. A fight started and people started punching each other and kicking, people were on the floor, fighting over the shirt. Since I'm a girl, I decided to let go of the shirt since I was being crunched and was about to get hit. Morrissey watched them twice. I bet he couldn't believe people were actually punching and kicking each other.

I'm missing on more details but I'll repost later with more data!!

Lovely to read this, bravo & ta! :cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom