Kristeen Young nominated for a Grammy

I went to her show at Pianos right after the 2007 incident and I actually asked her about it. I thought she was gonna cry..talk about feeling like an asshole :(
I went to one of her NYC shows and it was packed, fwiw. That was before "the incident," though.

I remember uttering aloud the words

oh-no-you-diint-emu.jpg

Oh yeah. I forgot about the other incident.

He licked a cougar.

She's not nominated for shit, anyone can submit a song or album for consideration, you fill out a form online and send the recording academy a physical copy for review, then if your entry meets all of the official criteria for nominees you are up for consideration, along with thousands of others who submitted there work for consideration. She's hyping nothing, as usual.

I don't know, someone i know posted about this last week, according to them Tony used to be on the committee for the Grammys and knows lots of people on there.
So maybe he can get her to win. Because of David Bowie Tony has some pull, also Dave G is pals with them, he sold out the Nirvana spirit long ago and was on The Grammys last year so....
It would be very strange if she won, she isn't pushing the envelope artistically speaking, she has no real fan base, she can't even sell out a gig of more than 100 people by herself, hardly anyone bought her LP, she can't get signed, if she was making money she would be signed.

I went to her show at Pianos right after the 2007 incident and I actually asked her about it. I thought she was gonna cry..talk about feeling like an asshole :(

It was a gig of three or so other bands not just hers. She can't sell out a venue with her name alone. Plus the venues are tiny.

I don't know, someone i know posted about this last week, according to them Tony used to be on the committee for the Grammys and knows lots of people on there.
So maybe he can get her to win. Because of David Bowie Tony has some pull, also Dave G is pals with them, he sold out the Nirvana spirit long ago and was on The Grammys last year so....
It would be very strange if she won, she isn't pushing the envelope artistically speaking, she has no real fan base, she can't even sell out a gig of more than 100 people by herself, hardly anyone bought her LP, she can't get signed, if she was making money she would be signed.

Steve Barnett is on that Grammy Committee, my friend sat through a week of meetings with him recently. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Tony aren't bed buddies in the whole Harvest nightmare.

The songs I heard...I think she has a unique voice (a little Bjork-ish maybe?) but I can't understand what she's singing, and this is coming from someone who loves hardcore and punk rock.

I don't mean to be rude but are you deaf or is your music world that small ?
Her voice is a direct rip off of Kate Bush, she's been a fan for years.Though idiots like her little fan Holly believe her "it's a coincidence " lies

Too many many women are much better than Kristeen in the music world, she has nothing to add

If only Kristeen were in Lausanne to cheer everybody up.

Grammy Nominations were revealed today
Best Rock Album
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Beck - Morning Phase
Black Keys - Turn Blue
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Magnetic Eye
U2 - Songs of Innocence

Best Rock Album
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Beck - Morning Phase
Black Keys - Turn Blue
U2 - Songs of Innocence

C'mon Morning Phase. :pray:

Best Rock Album
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Beck - Morning Phase
Black Keys - Turn Blue
U2 - Songs of Innocence

What, no Kristeen Young? This must be a mistake, better check again.

Anything new going on with KY or is she now to be forgotten forever?

Tags
grammy kristeen young morrissey
Back
Top Bottom