Anyone listened to Kristeen Young’s new album? it’s amazing

prettygraves

It’s probably her best work to date. Would love it if she was involved with the UK tour again, I really love her voice and the style of her production. What do you guys think?

It's her masterpiece. No question about it. Light years beyond anything else being made right now. Best songs are Sue Veneer, the title track, Monster In The Moon, and Sara Get The Baby.

The four videos she's made for it are avant garde as f***. She's an absolute auteur. No wonder you cretins don't get her.

Last edited:
Just listening to “Sara get the baby” it’s amazing, I truly like KristeenYoung, she’s talented.

It's her masterpiece. No question about it. Light years beyond anything else being made right now. Best songs are Sue Veneer, the title track, Monster In The Moon, and Sara Get The Baby.

The four videos she's made for it are avant garde as f***. She's an absolute auteur. No wonder you cretins don't get her.
I love the sound, I can hear the influence of albums like Yeezus and also a bit of Aphex twin with that intro on Sara get the baby. I think by being ahead of her time right now it’s a disadvantage. Anything forward thinking and without braindead sex lyrics will be shunned by radio and the mainstream. She’s incredible.

Just listened to the first five songs... I don't really like it... And I don't think it's forward thinking either...

She's an amazing artist.

That said, it's not (always) the kind of stuff you can sing in the shower. Because those high notes could easily break the glass doors, for one.

Also, fun fact: she's a lot more elegant in hound's tooth than Miley Cyrus.
One simply can't imagine Ms Y. pulling on her jumpsuit in public because it's too tight. :rolleyes:

Which begs the question...If Miley Cyrus is a "goddess" ( dixit the MC schmuck), what is Kristeen Young??:unsure:

(Ha! Morissi is looking silly now.) (again.)

I like her style but I can't get past the voice, it grates on me.
She seems like someone trying very hard to be Kate Bush and when it comes down to it, I'd rather just listen to Kate.

Just listened to the first five songs... I don't really like it... And I don't think it's forward thinking either...
I really wouldn't worry. She is not for everyone, in fact, she is hardly for anyone.
She is always whining about being too Avant Guard, it's the opposite, she hasn't got an original bone, music-wise in her body. She steals from Sioux and Bush (kate not George W) among others.
The trouble is, if you want to know someone who took the cue from kate and ran with it, listen to Bat For Lashes. That singer is great, her music is class.
I will say a friend of mine used to know her and he said of her, "She's one of the funniest people I have met " He hasn't got a bad thing to say about her.
He can be a bit of a prick, so I suspect he was horrible to her and feels guilty . I thought how she was treated on here, was awful. disgusting, sickening. So, maybe he is just overprotective.
I'm not keen on this new effort, there is way way better music out there, Boy Hasher, for one.
My issue with her, is I know a lot of people who were around when she was around and they have nothing but horror stories. From the constant lies, that make Amber Turd look like a "good actor" to the stuff she used to say about M, someone who was helping her. By all accounts she slates M to this day any chance she gets. Charming
Edit
Actually, the video for Sara Get The Baby is pretty good ( I can see why my friend thinks shes funny now)
Her body is in great shape, it's a shame she has so much filler in her boat race though

Last edited:
Laughable. Watching all you one-time acolytes trying to ingratiate yourself
There have been literally four posts when you made the above comment. Your mind at times is simply extraordinary...........but not in a good way.

Last edited:
It’s probably her best work to date. Would love it if she was involved with the UK tour again, I really love her voice and the style of her production. What do you guys think?
I think the production took many steps back. The bass sound is terribly dated. The singing is really good. I think I mentioned before I used to date a guy who was friends with a guy who dated her. He was in a San Francisco band, his music sucked too. Tony V’s bad playing cheezy bass sound, and the tired distorted drums, it’s very bad sounding. The last one sounded more modern even if it was recorded on an iPhone or Walkman or whatever. The songs sound decent live, saw her at DNA

Back
Top Bottom