Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list included 5 Smiths songs

See the forum thread for more reports, videos and images.

Report posted by Dave2006:

Top night last night - Johnny is one cool, cool bloke. Well, last night he was sweating buckets because it was so hot in there.

At one stage he stood in front of the monitors playing to the crowd, people were patting him on the head and ruffling his hair, one guy in the front row was obviously saying something to Johnny and it looked like Johnny kissed the top of his head - it was a surreal, beautiful moment.

A mate lifted the set list from the guitarist at the end and gave it to me -

img00765-20110930-0859.jpg

There is a Light was lined up as a potential final encore (there is a question mark at the end of the title, but it's not too clear on the photo) but after 'It's My Life' (was this a cover - it sounded vaguely familiar?) he left the stage not to return. The roadie shouted at the DJ 'plug your ipod in, quick!'

As the clip above shows, How Soon is Now was fantastic - watching the guitarist use the slide made me wish that Morrissey had guitarists with half as much talent these days...

Looking forward to Deaf Institute next week.​

Videos posted by MrShankly93 in the thread:

Related item:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list inclu

Post this on fricking johnnymarr-solo.com and quit wasting my precious time.

Do as your MASTER has told you and stop using this site if I remember rightly did'nt he say F--- Morrissey solo????????

Go on off you F---!!!!!!!!

Missing you already you bell end.

Re: Article: Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list inclu

holy crap! johnny and his band are incredibly tight considering they haven't played these songs much. although probably not surprising since johnny is the consummate musician (we have to forgive him the boomslang misstep). johnny and co actually sound like a band playing songs they know with skill and passion. live, the morrissey band just seem like they are going through the motions. their sound is just limp and passionless. they look like they're just there, creating a guide backing track to the star - who doesn't seem to care whats in the background. even the way they are often dressed alike makes it look like they are unimportant - and they sound unimportant. johnny is still amazing.. now if only he could write some great solo material!

Dear son, this marr performance is patetic. I feell sorry for him, he didn't put one, not one even mediocre song post The Smiths (apart short solo in PSB song "My October Symphony" - it is rather decent attempt of 30 seconds 20 or so years ago) AND NOW THIS???!!! How deplorable performance, so heartless, so battered. Now we see how strong Morrissey and his band are live, they kick the shit out of this marr hobos. Mozz and co. look like Man on stage, marr and co. look like pussy's. And another thing, this patetic hair dye; is he, marr, gay or what?

Dear son, this marr performance is patetic. I feell sorry for him, he didn't put one, not one even mediocre song post The Smiths (apart short solo in PSB song "My October Symphony" - it is rather decent attempt of 30 seconds 20 or so years ago) AND NOW THIS???!!! How deplorable performance, so heartless, so battered. Now we see how strong Morrissey and his band are live, they kick the shit out of this marr hobos. Mozz and co. look like Man on stage, marr and co. look like pussy's. And another thing, this patetic hair dye; is he, marr, gay or what?

It's just dawned on me why DavidT tolerates anonymous posting... it's so that Jesse Tobias can come here and mouth off :lbf:

Dave

To the poster above, Marr did some excellent work in Electronic. Although, I fthink Bernard Sumner was the driving force behind most of the songwriting.; the majority of songs sound in his style.

Marr is proving to be the Peter Hook of The Smiths; neither can sing, but both are willing murder their history trying...

B.S.

You're doing it wrong.

P.

It's just dawned on me why DavidT tolerates anonymous posting... it's so that Jesse Tobias can come here and mouth off :lbf:

Dave

In recent interview Marr is talking how bad he feels on stage, now, these concert evident's that Marr can't play live, also, he's singing is ghastly. Thank you David T to break the myth. Yes, Morrissey is one to see live if you want to experience The Smiths Spirit. Marr should go to PSB and be studio musician for them. They will like his coloured hair.

...and yes, Marr never had SPINE to play this solo live, because, let us face it, he is studio musician. Period.

I admire your guts. Keep ploughing that lonely furrow.

P.

I admire your guts. Keep ploughing that lonely furrow.

P.

Sweet and dear P., lonely is Johnny.
He's song (HE'S SONG!) has no chart, no chart what!so!ever! since he stop serving Morrissey.
Period.

Now, marr, you are rich, you are respectable, you are exemplar, you are hero, YOU ARE GOD, indeed, you are god even to me.
But.
Only because you meet these flaky 22 year old Dorrissey.
Without him, where are you? Just a servant to pop-wretch - another after another after another after another.
Look, LOOK! and be divine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAxpvw4qOZQ

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom