Johnny gig at the Night & Day Cafe, tonight. (Thursday, Sep. 29)

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Did anyone go? Any gig reviews to share with us?

Re: Johnny gig at the Night & Day Cafe, tonight.

Ohh, sorry, I thought it was tonight! I'm going to the first gig at the Deaf Institute but couldn't make it down for the Night & Day. Let me know how it goes :D

Edit: Tickets only available from the Box office? He's not making it easy for us, is he?

Just watched the video............. Marr does a wonderful job with the song. Thanks for posting the link kissmyshadestoo. Well worth veiwing.

Just watched the video............. Marr does a wonderful job with the song. Thanks for posting the link kissmyshadestoo. Well worth veiwing.

Holy Smokes yes he does... and in truth, it's illustrative of just how pedestrian Moz's band's cover of the song is. That friggin' rocked, even with the awful sound quality of an android phone.

I don't want the Smiths to reform... but can you imagine how amazing they would be had they stayed together for 20 more years? Just as a live act, I mean...

Marr looks like he's f***ing loving it. Fantastic video. I'm excited for the new gigs now!

Marr performs a live show and includes Smiths song shock!
Can anyone be remotely surprised?
I'm glad he's doing them, and best of luck to the fella.
I wonder, however, if Marr's singing will get slagged off as much as Morrissey's bands' playing...

I wonder, however, if Marr's singing will get slagged off as much as Morrissey's bands' playing...

It's a good point.

As well as Marr plays it, and as welcome as it is hearing him playing it, it's the vocal that counts. I'd rather listen to the Live At Earl's Court version any day.

Top night last night - Johnny is one cool, cool bloke. Well, last night he was sweating buckets because it was so hot in there.

At one stage he stood in front of the monitors playing to the crowd, people were patting him on the head and ruffling his hair, one guy in the front row was obviously saying something to Johnny and it looked like Johnny kissed the top of his head - it was a surreal, beautiful moment.

A mate lifted the set list from the guitarist at the end and gave it to me -
IMG00765-20110930-0859.jpg

There is a Light was lined up as a potential final encore (there is a question mark at the end of the title, but it's not too clear on the photo) but after 'It's My Life' (was this a cover - it sounded vaguely familiar?) he left the stage not to return. The roadie shouted at the DJ 'plug your ipod in, quick!'

As the clip above shows, How Soon is Now was fantastic - watching the guitarist use the slide made me wish that Morrissey had guitarists with half as much talent these days...

Looking forward to Deaf Institute next week.

Dave

Some pics from last night - courtesy of Twitter people
scaled.php
scaled.php

Dave

Almost 1/3 of the set is Smiths songs...Marr is such a crowd-pleaser :D

Johnny was great last night. Favourite song for me was sweet and tender hooligan. Met him round the back after the gig where he got a picture with me and signed my setlist all in all it was a fantastic night roll on deaf institute!!!

How Soon Is Now

Signed Setlist
30092011197.jpg

Me and Johnny Marr
318449_10150297117155895_645445894_8368149_1611343127_a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see you met him MrShankly93

Funny that the two set lists are different???

Dave

The setlist I got was Johnny's as I was stood right infront of him. From what I saw the drummer had a different setlist as well. Just uploading The Headmaster Ritual in full now to youtube will post on here whens its done.

Back
Top Bottom