How many of you are vegetarians?

To be honest, Morrissey could do a lot more. Johnny Marr is Vegan. I think Moz should do the same.

While I'm not knocking vegetarians and vegetarianism, I do think it slightly dated considering most people now know the immense suffering that dairy cows go through. "Meat cows" are lucky compared to the dairy cows. It's a quick death for them. Dairy cows are tortured for years. Constantly having to be pregnant in order to produce milk. Having their baby calves snatched away from them and turned into veal. This goes on for 4 or 5 years until the cow is so worn out that she can no longer stand. A grueling life which ends in slaughter and their flesh being turned into pet food or McDonalds. Sadly, if you consume dairy, you are contributing to this.

very well put.

yummy milk

I heard that Morrissey once said that there is no replacement for leather? and that he's known to wear leather shows, belts etc... I don't know but I feel quite lost now. What do other vegetarians make of it? I'm considering going Veggie myself. Considering his massive involvment with the PETA you would think he would have thought twice about wearing any leather. I heard he wears PVC instead now.

the quote is from the early 80's, times have changed so much, for the better:thumb:

I wouldn't eat my dog no. Mostly because he's a greyhound & the amount of meat you'd get off him would barely count as a snack.

If you can't come out with some kind of cogent argument then it's better to just not bother

I take it you were attempting to be funny? You failed

I've recently made the choice to become a vegetarian. Leading up to this I noticed I was eating less and less meat, hence I decided it wouldn't hurt if I cut it out completely.
At first my vegetarianism was a matter of convenience, but now it's also a matter of morals.

I now have to stop myself from gagging everytime I walk past the meat section of the grocery store.

I've recently made the choice to become a vegetarian. Leading up to this I noticed I was eating less and less meat, hence I decided it wouldn't hurt if I cut it out completely.
At first my vegetarianism was a matter of convenience, but now it's also a matter of morals.

I now have to stop myself from gagging everytime I walk past the meat section of the grocery store.

The smell of people cooking meat knocks me sick. I have to move away quickly.
you'll be just fine MyDoppelganger, everytime someone at work talks about how who need meat for protein:crazy: and a balanced diet, I remind them that I haven't had a day of sick in 7 years whereas they.............I also mention, oh so casually that Carl Lewis did ok on a vegan diet, Bruce Lee looked good and if it's good enough for Morrissey and Macca well....;).

If you can't come out with some kind of cogent argument then it's better to just not bother

I take it you were attempting to be funny? You failed

I don't want to come up with a cogent argument, I'm just sick of f***ers like you preaching at me.

My greyhound (that I haven't made up for 'comedic' effect, it's an actual dog). I and thousands of other people who may or may not be vegetarians have adopted retired racing dogs that may otherwise be put down.

If you don't want to eat meat, that's fine but don't think you can occupy some moral highground over the rest of us.

I don't want to come up with a cogent argument, I'm just sick of f***ers like you preaching at me.

My greyhound (that I haven't made up for 'comedic' effect, it's an actual dog). I and thousands of other people who may or may not be vegetarians have adopted retired racing dogs that may otherwise be put down.

If you don't want to eat meat, that's fine but don't think you can occupy some moral highground over the rest of us.

I didn't think anyone was attempting to displace anyone else by taking on a superior moral highground, I just gave my views on your reply to my post

I also commend you on animal welfare

You obviously have a problem with something like eating eating dead animals, but hey, think about it more?

I wouldn't dream of calling you a f***er resiprical though

No, funnily enough I've never once wanted to eat my dog. Cows on the other hand cannot fetch sticks, don't frighten off intruders & cannot hump my sofa in an amusing manner... so bring on the barbecue. Yum!

PS Meat Is Murder (the song) always makes me laugh. It's just so very cheesy.

:lbf: That made me laugh, EGD.

My German Shepherd puppy is waaaay to skinny too.

To be honest, Morrissey could do a lot more. Johnny Marr is Vegan. I think Moz should do the same.

While I'm not knocking vegetarians and vegetarianism, I do think it slightly dated considering most people now know the immense suffering that dairy cows go through. "Meat cows" are lucky compared to the dairy cows. It's a quick death for them. Dairy cows are tortured for years. Constantly having to be pregnant in order to produce milk. Having their baby calves snatched away from them and turned into veal. This goes on for 4 or 5 years until the cow is so worn out that she can no longer stand. A grueling life which ends in slaughter and their flesh being turned into pet food or McDonalds. Sadly, if you consume dairy, you are contributing to this.
Is there such thing as 'Free Range' milk? I've tried looking in my supermarkets, but I can only find organic milk. I'm not really sure if that's what I'm looking for, or if it's simply just come from cows that aren't fed hormones.

I haven't eaten McDonalds, Burger King or KFC in years. I think it's absolutely disgusting.
I don't know how people can refer to that rubbish as 'food.'

Okay, so I have been a vegetarian for a week now so far. I have been eating healthier and probably less than I used to, yet still I am satisfied. I have been very, very sparing of dairy products, but this does take time to get used to. The most significant step came today though. To set the scene, I'm at uni, myself and my housemates go out for the nigh, we're a little drunk and people decide they are hungry. The solution seems to be bacon sandwiches, something I used to have a lot. This time, grilling the bacon...it made me feel sick to my stomach. It was wrong, it was disgusting. Tesco value bacon, if you can buy it that cheap, there is a reason. Thinking about the animal instead of the food is a significant leap forwards for me. I really now truly understand, meat is not only murder, but tortuere, humiliation and desperate cruelty. Makes me sad to be human, makes me even sadder to have waited until now to act. :(

Last edited:
I like McDonald's breakfast sandwiches. I especially like ordering them without meat, it makes McDonald's think they're not pleasing someone since there's a substitution in the order. Like if someone said, "Write me a song, but not like the songs you usually write, I don't like that." THen you start to think, "Hmmm. What's wrong with the songs I usually write? Should I be doing something different?"

Subtle butterfly effect.

I like McDonald's breakfast sandwiches. I especially like ordering them without meat, it makes McDonald's think they're not pleasing someone since there's a substitution in the order. Like if someone said, "Write me a song, but not like the songs you usually write, I don't like that." THen you start to think, "Hmmm. What's wrong with the songs I usually write? Should I be doing something different?"

Subtle butterfly effect.

My sister has been a vegetarian since she was 11 (now 38) and I admire her a lot for it. I've been trying to eat less meat since the cute Peta-boy gave me my Morrissey Meat-is-Murder postcard in the lobby before the concert - I only went 2 1/2 days in a row with none - my sister said "That's a long time to go without something you love." ha She used to eat Big Macs with no meat, but she gave up on those quite a while ago - too many carbs.

I'm not giving up. I hate a LOT of veggie-friendly foods (mushrooms, yogurt, beets, just to name 3) so it's taking me a lot of time to find substitutes for what I used to eat every meal.

I never particularly cared for McDonald's food. I did love In-n-Out burgers, but I ordered their "grilled cheese," pretty much a meatless cheeseburger, and it tasted delicious. The flavor's in the sauce, not the meat. I gained a ton of weight since becoming vegetarian though because I eat too much bread and cheese, not enough veggies and I know it. :straightface: The whole McDonalds for breakfast thing is like a comfort, it reminds me of a nice memory, I can't remember what though. Maybe a friend's mom from my childhood took us there and it hit the spot 25 years ago, it's hard to describe.

Been a veggie around 20 years. Suffered no health probs to speak of and I wont go near fast-food as it's fricking revolting :confused:

Yes, fast food is disgusting...... i am a vegetarian and morrissey definitely was a big part of my inspiration in order to become one. Meat is murder. But even before i was a vegetarian i never went anywhere near fast food, it made me sick and i actually think i am one of the weird people who never ever felt the urge of eating a Mc donalds burguer or anything like that.

Yes, fast food is disgusting...... i am a vegetarian and morrissey definitely was a big part of my inspiration in order to become one. Meat is murder. But even before i was a vegetarian i never went anywhere near fast food, it made me sick and i actually think i am one of the weird people who never ever felt the urge of eating a Mc donalds burguer or anything like that.
I ate that crap when I was younger simply because I was ignorant to its detrimental effects on both my body and animals/resources.

I am not but I wish I'd be... I accept chicken and fish only. I've read somewhere that I am semi-vegetarian with that but, I don't think so.

Last edited:
Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom