How many of you are vegetarians?

I absolutely love meat.
Thank you to all the vegetarians out there for not taxing the supply chain.

Re: How many of you are vegetarian's?

I identify myself as pescatarian. Haven't come around to vegetarianism yet. I will... eventually.

And thank you to all the animal eating lovers who can't even get a grip of their taste buds to say it tastes just like eating blood soaked cadavers

Have you never looked into the eyes of an animal, looking back at you, trusting and innocent of sin, and thought you're a hypocrite in the sense that all you're actually thinking is the quickest way you can kill, then gobble up their bodies to satiate your taste for blood?

The hunter gatherer days of homo sapiens are over, when man had to kill to eat. Come forward into now time and reflect on that, the first principle of live and let live? If not, you surely must still belong in the Iron age :rolleyes:

Reelaround;1229685 Have you never looked into the eyes of an animal said:
No, funnily enough I've never once wanted to eat my dog. Cows on the other hand cannot fetch sticks, don't frighten off intruders & cannot hump my sofa in an amusing manner... so bring on the barbecue. Yum!

PS Meat Is Murder (the song) always makes me laugh. It's just so very cheesy.

Last edited:
If you need to get analytical about differences between cows and dogs that's fine, so let's do it. Cows don't pretend to run for sticks when a human throws one (apparently they're not so fecking stupid, but produce milk that you can drink) on the doggie side, considering they're invited into the home of a human, to live there as a ruler of choices - then how's about this - they stink. Why? They piss all over the place then rub their arses all over the carpet. They roll in their own excrement, leaving you to clean up after them (presumably so?) They demand your time to either open the door so they can piss all over your yard or garden, and then they chew up whatever is left of your sofa, shoes, hearth rug, cat, only to do do exactly the same a couple of hours later when you're just ready for crashing in bed, and then demand to be taken on 'WALKIES!' Then they chase your cat until it suffers from nightmares

But I wouldn't eat one, would you? Whereas a cow for instance just gives you a glass of milk

If you need to get analytical about differences between cows and dogs that's fine, so let's do it. Cows don't pretend to run for sticks when a human throws one (apparently they're not so fecking stupid, but produce milk that you can drink) on the doggie side, considering they're invited into the home of a human, to live there as a ruler of choices - then how's about this - they stink. Why? They piss all over the place then rub their arses all over the carpet. They roll in their own excrement, leaving you to clean up after them (presumably so?) They demand your time to either open the door so they can piss all over your yard or garden, and then they chew up whatever is left of your sofa, shoes, hearth rug, cat, only to do do exactly the same a couple of hours later when you're just ready for crashing in bed, and then demand to be taken on 'WALKIES!' Then they chase your cat until it suffers from nightmares

But I wouldn't eat one, would you? Whereas a cow for instance just gives you a glass of milk
:lbf:My dogs do all that.I now realise I need dog training classes.:o

I've been a vegetarian for twenty years, and I am a lapsed vegan. I was something of an animal liberationist in my youth, when I caused just a wee bit of trouble. :rolleyes:

As for vegetarian bands, how come no one ever mentions Consolidated? They were hardcore animal liberationists before that was mainstream. Their music was an aggressive mix of industrial/dance/hardcore/funk. They did these great multi-media shows where they used video and audience participation to really push a political agenda, and it was fun, 'cause they totally rocked.

They kind of helped guilt me into veganism for a while in the early '90s.

i tried watching some of their stuff on youtube, but youtube isnt playing videos for me right now. i'll have to check later.

one line from an earth crisis album that sux sums it up for me:
Now this war has two sides... Ultramilitance.

Vegetarian since I was 15 about 27 years ago. Not because of Moz, I'd never really listened to him at the time and was a metalhead. However, finding out that Moz is a vegetarian was one of the reasons I came to explore his music and led to the obsession I now have.

Vegetarian here. Was one before The Smiths. Always felt uncomfortable eating animals. It isn't necessary (certainly here in the West) and I don't miss it at all. Veggie substitute meals are very tasty now and I am far healthier for it too.

I agree with Moz that one day in the future generations will look back at these times in disgust at the way we mistreated and exploited other species.

I agree with Moz that one day in the future generations will look back at these times in disgust at the way we mistreated and exploited other species.

oh I do truly hope so,
i'm waiting for the vulcans to arrive and sort 'us' out I really am, :lbf:

I had to kill a rabbit the other week, to put it out of its misery. I managed to do it for the sake of the animal, but it was a miserable business for me. It's right that I'm vegetarian, as I'd have to be very hungry indeed to do that for the sake of a meal.

I had to kill a rabbit the other week, to put it out of its misery. I managed to do it for the sake of the animal, but it was a miserable business for me. It's right that I'm vegetarian, as I'd have to be very hungry indeed to do that for the sake of a meal.

What had happened to the rabbit?

i tried watching some of their stuff on youtube, but youtube isnt playing videos for me right now. i'll have to check later.

one line from an earth crisis album that sux sums it up for me:
Now this war has two sides... Ultramilitance.

Just a warning: when you search youtube for "Consolidated," some of the clips that show up are a different band. Ignore "You Suck," which isn't Consolidated. Also, "America No. 1" is not Consolidated, it's Meat Beat Manifesto.

"This is Fascism" and "White American Male" are the right band, but not their finest moments.

Try to get a hold of "Friendly Fascism," which is their best album.

They were fantastic live, and they really pushed the animal rights thing, hard. They showed slaughter house footage and animal experiments while rapping about liberation; early aggro-activist breakbeat/hip hop (it was much more fun than it sounds). They would sample audience members, and then use their rants on the next album. One of my favorite samples is of a German vegan fan who yells out "Milk is for little cows, and not human beings." Very catchy. ;)

I heard that Morrissey once said that there is no replacement for leather? and that he's known to wear leather shows, belts etc... I don't know but I feel quite lost now. What do other vegetarians make of it? I'm considering going Veggie myself. Considering his massive involvment with the PETA you would think he would have thought twice about wearing any leather. I heard he wears PVC instead now.

I heard that Morrissey once said that there is no replacement for leather? and that he's known to wear leather shows, belts etc... I don't know but I feel quite lost now. What do other vegetarians make of it? I'm considering going Veggie myself. Considering his massive involvment with the PETA you would think he would have thought twice about wearing any leather. I heard he wears PVC instead now.

To be honest, Morrissey could do a lot more. Johnny Marr is Vegan. I think Moz should do the same.

While I'm not knocking vegetarians and vegetarianism, I do think it slightly dated considering most people now know the immense suffering that dairy cows go through. "Meat cows" are lucky compared to the dairy cows. It's a quick death for them. Dairy cows are tortured for years. Constantly having to be pregnant in order to produce milk. Having their baby calves snatched away from them and turned into veal. This goes on for 4 or 5 years until the cow is so worn out that she can no longer stand. A grueling life which ends in slaughter and their flesh being turned into pet food or McDonalds. Sadly, if you consume dairy, you are contributing to this.

Last edited:
Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom