How do you enjoy a Morrissey show? drunk sober high?

Hahaha Thank you very much! I've been a rabid reader on here for two years via my buddy's comp. Bought a laptop in September and registered on Morrissey-solo the first night, but I apparently wasn't accepted till March. Makes me wish I would have tried to log on a few months ago

I lurked for a while myself before I actually joined. I couldn't resist posting on the LOL Mozzer thread. :rolleyes:

yeah ive seen them once before but 5 years ago so it's been a while. I'm pretty excited. I'm not really a smoker, but if it was offered at a Radiohead show I wouldn't turn it down. I was offered some at a Morrissey show in October, a couple puffs during "How Soon is Now" is never a bad idea. :cool:

I saw Radiohead last monday. The show was incredible, not sure how huge of fan you are. I had a great time. Loved it. They are so amazing live.

Ok then you'll love it. I was lucky to get decent seats 2 days before. They always do a great show.

Ok then you'll love it. I was lucky to get decent seats 2 days before. They always do a great show.

yeah i got a ticket off craigslist just the other day, pretty decent seat. in the first main section of seats, after the pit. row H? so like, 8 rows back or so i assume?

I went to the 1992 Alexandra Palace show on acid. It was quite interesting. Morrissey in gold lame. But that was when I was young and carefree. Now I just scowl soberly.

That was probably my most sober Morrissey gig. They wouldn't let us take drinks into the main hall, and for once the support was unmissable! I only managed a few mouthfulls before I had to leave my drink on the table by the door, but couldn't resist Kirsty singing "A New England" as her opener.

I remember there was a lot of estacy doing the rounds at that gig "Anyone got any Vera's"!

Did you ever read something that instantly made you spit your tea out, it's so funny? I have just done that! :cool::D

I would be sober, because I also would like to remember everything what happened.
And I don't even like alcohol very much...

I like to have 4 drinks or so in me, not enough to damage memory but just enough to relax a bit. I find large crowds a bit much when I'm stone cold sober. Wouldn't mind doing an E at a Morrissey gig next time, would probably hype the Moz love up to stage diving levels ;)

Yeah, now that I think about it, I was pretty blasted all of the nights at the Fillmore in SF, and all of the Hammerstein gigs. And at all of the HOB gigs because they have those waitresses that serve drinks on the barrier... And at all the German gigs there were those guys walking through the crowd with kegs on their backs, and the same at some of the UK arena gigs. Sometimes if you are up in the very front, you can't leave anyways to go get a drink because it's just not possible.

i have had fun sober and wasted,last year i was in near time travel drunk mode at the make up philly show,i had a blast,and i was rolling my ass off on E one time in 2000,that was a blast too, but i can also count numerous times i was completely sober and enjoyed the show.:D

You've done E at a show? I should try that. I've had a few drinks, but I always need to pee, so I'm usually sober.

beyond earshot.

Back
Top Bottom