Here we go again another fake

Oh girl, you just jumped into some drama. Your popcorn smiley made me laugh.:lbf:

i had been waiting to use this for something ;)
MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

(did it for my 2000th post)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i have a 12" single of heaven knows fully signed which i bought from ebay about 6 yrs ago which i would like everyones anaysis its difficult to see as its black biro on a grey pic i m sure that 3 are gen but not sure of Morrisseys sig tho im 99 per cent sure its right. what do you people think ? ill add the scan soon

Oooh - seller with a feedback score of '1' (and a negative) - sells 4 fully signed posters using the same stock photo.. i'd give this a wide berth, not my cup of tea :eek: (oh, and the seller sold 2 of them within 6 hours of each other too)

I was thinking the exact same thing. Seems kinda sketchy. I could be wrong though. Hopefully it is all 2liget to quit.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Seems kinda sketchy. I could be wrong though. Hopefully it is all 2liget to quit.

Didn't notice that, very dodgy indeed. At least one item isn't as it was advertised and probably both weren't.

More entertainingly, I like the feedback for his other item. The customer is obviously furious at not getting his nudey poster after paying his £1 in full:lbf:

It's a brilliant piece of autographed Smiths memorabilia. 100% legit just based on the signed vinyl sleeve and signed poster. As for the trustworthiness of the seller, it's anybody's guess. Personally I would have gone for it at £85-100.00 .

A True Find indeed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRISSEY-SMI...usic_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item27b9b8ac27

Totally fake!!
Just joking boys well done a very good buy and totally gen however we have yet to have a scientific eye cast over it yet tho lol

It's a brilliant piece of autographed Smiths memorabilia. 100% legit just based on the signed vinyl sleeve and signed poster. As for the trustworthiness of the seller, it's anybody's guess. Personally I would have gone for it at £85-100.00 .

A True Find indeed.

If genuine it's worth a lot more than a 100 notes. The bloke's sold four or five off the same stock photo though. A true find if genuine but I'd want to see the one I was bidding on before making judgement.

There's been a few nice bits on over the last week, I was watching one of those Years of Refusal signed lps but it went over what I wanted to pay:(

You lot are determind to jinx this lol. I have every faith in the one possitive, one negative seller. When it arrives i will be thrilled. Sheridan must have had his because he stated the seller sent him a copy of his callender for his wife. I've had an email of the seller after i'd paid him with a copy of the competition from magazine, and why would he state my £85 purchase was missing johnny's sig? surely he'd just say he had all 4 if it was a non existent item. I've got every faith it'll be ok and i'll be thrilled when it gets here. So quit all the neigh saying your making me nervous.

Last edited:
You lot are determind to jinx this lol. I have every faith in the one possitive, one negative seller. When it arrives i will be thrilled. Walter must have had his because he stated the seller sent him a copy of his callender for his wife. I've had an email of the seller after i'd paid him with a copy of the competition from magazine, and why would he state my £85 purchase was missing johnny's sig? surely he'd just say he had all 4 if it was a non existent item. I've got every faith it'll be ok and i'll be thrilled when it gets here. So quit all the neigh saying your making me nervous.

Enjoy the moment :thumb::thumb:

You've most likely got something completely ace which we'll all be jealous of if it's alright.

Update:
Just like someone had mentioned on another thread about this item, the auction was just poorly listed. The seller is obviously a novice eBayer and I dare say he doesn't know the current value of these signed items. Just the signed vinyl would bring in at least 85 notes. The poster was going for more than 100 pounds, unsigned! If he was smart he would have separated the poster and vinyl and sold them individually. Being poorly informed or maybe he had to sell quickly, he decided to use the stock photo 4 times and despite the dodgy nature of the listing, he sold all 4 in record time.

Congrats to all buyers, the signed poster and vinyl packaged is worth at least 250 pounds combined. Gutted that I missed this one.

If genuine it's worth a lot more than a 100 notes. The bloke's sold four or five off the same stock photo though. A true find if genuine but I'd want to see the one I was bidding on before making judgement.

There's been a few nice bits on over the last week, I was watching one of those Years of Refusal signed lps but it went over what I wanted to pay:(

That's ebay for you unfortunately:mad:

However, I've done a lot of searches for signed Morrissey stuff in the last week or so and I have a hunch that there is somebody connected to Morrissey having all the dodgy items removed. They don't seem to be lasting the duration of their listings and that is very unusual. Try reporting fake items to ebay and see how they are never removed:straightface: You generally have to report sellers for other non-policy compliance but if a celebrity asks them to remove something relating to them they will do it instantly undo vero, copyright, image rights, etc. If you do a search for other highly faked celebrity autographs for people who don't like signing autographs like Madonna or Robbie Williams you'll see there are a lot on there and that's what makes me suspicious, but in a good way.

Wouldn't the condition of these posters have affected theirvalues? The posted picture in the ads showed a heavily folded and very crumpled 12 x 24? Still great items to own, admittedly.

Update:
Just like someone had mentioned on another thread about this item, the auction was just poorly listed. The seller is obviously a novice eBayer and I dare say he doesn't know the current value of these signed items. Just the signed vinyl would bring in at least 85 notes. The poster was going for more than 100 pounds, unsigned! If he was smart he would have separated the poster and vinyl and sold them individually. Being poorly informed or maybe he had to sell quickly, he decided to use the stock photo 4 times and despite the dodgy nature of the listing, he sold all 4 in record time.

Congrats to all buyers, the signed poster and vinyl packaged is worth at least 250 pounds combined. Gutted that I missed this one.

Wouldn't the condition of these posters have affected theirvalues? The posted picture in the ads showed a heavily folded and very crumpled 12 x 24? Still great items to own, admittedly.

To an extent but any multi signed Smiths items are worth decent money. As a buyer, unless the condition made the item undisplayable then the condition of the item wouldn't bother me. With something that is very rare then the condition is less and less of a factor. For example, Jimi Hendrix always goes for thousands and is almost always signed on something which looks completely crappy. Obviously Smiths autographs aren't in the same ball park but they're uncommon enough that the condition of the signed item is a lot less of a factor than say a signed photo of Johnny Depp, of which there must be thousands!

They landed do your worst.

Attachments

• what! 042.jpg
    what! 042.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 28
  • what! 044.jpg
    what! 044.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 29
Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom