Hand in GLove ?

vegan-soldier

~~~~~~~~~
Can anyone add some clarity to "THE SUN SHINES OUT OF OUR BEHINDS"....... always kind of baffled me. ALthough knowing me it is probably obvious and I am not getting it. LOL

Can anyone add some clarity to "THE SUN SHINES OUT OF OUR BEHINDS"....... always kind of baffled me. ALthough knowing me it is probably obvious and I am not getting it. LOL

I'm American and I was told its actually a common phrase in the UK. basically meaning he's implying that they are better than everyone else. like, you would say "wow that person must think the sun shines out of his ass.." like our American, more vulgar version of the phrase would be "wow, he really thinks his shit dont stink." :D

I'm American and I was told its actually a common phrase in the UK. basically meaning he's implying that they are better than everyone else. like, you would say "wow that person must think the sun shines out of his ass.." like our American, more vulgar version of the phrase would be "wow, he really thinks his shit dont stink." :D

Ahhh...I see...thx for that

Yup - you got that spot on. It is actually quite derogatory to say someone thinks the sun shines out of their behind. That's why I like the way Morrissey uses it in this song.

Yup - you got that spot on. It is actually quite derogatory to say someone thinks the sun shines out of their behind. That's why I like the way Morrissey uses it in this song.

haha its funny cuz ever since joining this site, not only am i learning more about Morrissey, but also about British culture! :)

We say it alot over here in uk it mostly means u really u adore a person or u really like that person. like we adore morrissey and we think the sun shines out of his behind its kind of a funny english way of saying u adore a person (i that makes eney sense)

Depending on how you say it it's either a compliment or a kinda insult to someone who is narcissitic? Thats what I always thought anyway.

well, I'll have too look up how they translated it into spanish on the live in madrid show. I remember that "hand in glove" was "una y carne" - wich means nail and flesh :p

Back
Top Bottom