“Hand in glove, the sun shines out of our behinds”

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I’ve been a Smiths fan for about three years and I just realized that this is what Morrissey is singing at the end of ‘Pretty girls make graves’

I assume that Hand in Glove was written before “Pretty girls…” so I wonder why he felt the need to use this lyric again.

I’ve been a Smiths fan for about three years and I just realized that this is what Morrissey is singing at the end of ‘Pretty girls make graves’

I assume that Hand in Glove was written before “Pretty girls…” so I wonder why he felt the need to use this lyric again.

Old chestnut this - which Smiths songs mention lyrics from other Smiths songs? I think Half a Person (mentions London), Pretty Girls Make Graves (Hand In Glove), Paint A Vulgar Picture (You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby) - are there any others?

Peter

I think I read somewhere it was because he was unhappy with the chart placing of Hand In Glove, so it was like reminding/reiterating the song.

But I could be wrong.

i read somewhere (possibly one of these books published on moz maybe goddards that pretty girls is actually a sequel to hand in glove

the love "it is not like any other love this one is diff because its us " turned out to be not at all like it was to be..."she was too rough and Im too delicate(..)another man ..(..)i lost my faith in womanhood
so thats why he sings that hand in glove chorus again i guess

i read somewhere (possibly one of these books published on moz maybe goddards that pretty girls is actually a sequel to hand in glove

the love "it is not like any other love this one is diff because its us " turned out to be not at all like it was to be..."she was too rough and Im too delicate(..)another man ..(..)i lost my faith in womanhood
so thats why he sings that hand in glove chorus again i guess

yeah you're right it was Simon Goddard who said that, makes sense.

lets make a quick game

"there is a light that never goes out (still ill)"

you follow me?

No! :confused:

and kiss my shades was the matrix message scratched onto the hand in glove vinyl right?

Back
Top Bottom