Gustavo Manzur posts "In Your Lap" (piano instrumental) on his Instagram (October 26, 2023)

Screenshot_20231027-011916.png

gusmanzurjr-27102023-0001~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231027-012047.png

Awful composer, but by all accounts a really great guy.

I capped the screenshot July 13 for use in private communication.
It was then capped and posted as above on July 16 - it was Alain explaining after the fact.
The first initial comments about leaving were posted here in mid-April.
You can see the wheres and whens if you contrast those dates with tour info.
Regards,
FWD.

I capped the screenshot July 13 for use in private communication.
It was then capped and posted as above on July 16 - it was Alain explaining after the fact.
The first initial comments about leaving were posted here in mid-April.
You can see the wheres and whens if you contrast those dates with tour info.
Regards,
FWD.
The blacked-out bits are identical on the shot I posted and on hers. I never saw your screenshot, hence me asking had it already been posted. If she used yours, it would say ‘1d’ under Alain’s replies, mine says ‘3d’ as I took my screenshot a few days afterwards and then posted it here, thinking I was breaking news.

So, Malarkarenerak, when exactly did you pretend to stop reading my posts?

IMG_9403.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

Last edited:
The blacked-out bits are identical on the shot I posted and on hers. I never saw your screenshot, hence me asking had it already been posted. If she used yours, it would say ‘1d’ under Alain’s replies, mine says ‘3d’ as I took my screenshot a few days afterwards and then posted it here, thinking I was breaking news.
You are correct.
Wasn't disputing it, just adding in dates to make it easier for the person asking for information to reference.
FWD.

Screenshot_20231027-191836~2.png

I think I saw Alain post that he couldn't put up with the behaviour of tour manager Donnie Knutson anymore. I wonder if others agreed.
If you do a bit of research on this Donnie… he doesn’t seem the type you’d imagine Morrissey would hang about with. There’s a video of him talking about homeless people ruining the area he lives in, and one on YouTube that purports to be him mocking a mentally handicapped person. Makes you wonder about Mosserray…

If you do a bit of research on this Donnie… he doesn’t seem the type you’d imagine Morrissey would hang about with. There’s a video of him talking about homeless people ruining the area he lives in, and one on YouTube that purports to be him mocking a mentally handicapped person. Makes you wonder about Mosserray…
Probably irrelevant but on the BBC1 'One Show' years ago the lovely TV personality with an actual real personality Christine Bleakeley (now Lampard) and the overstuffed lumpy cushion Adrian Chiles interviewed Moz for the Years Of Refusal album.

Text from a review of the interview:

In regards to being on unemployment benefits back in the ’70s, it all started when Morrissey had said, “I was quite happy to be unemployed because I didn’t want to work. I didn’t want to have a job.” He said it so sincerely as if this were some kind of option.

“I couldn’t think of a job I wanted to do, so I thought I shouldn’t do any.” It is not often when someone states the complete antithesis of our boot-strap culture of ‘find a job, succeed and never complain.’ At a loss for words, the host, Adrian Chiles, could only muster the response, which increased the awkwardness of the conversation: “I suppose we all have to sympathise with the white-collar workers who only ever really enjoyed successes, who had no experience with going through (the dole).”

“Therefore, why sympathise with them?” Morrissey quipped.

Probably irrelevant but on the BBC1 'One Show' years ago the lovely TV personality with an actual real personality Christine Bleakeley (now Lampard) and the overstuffed lumpy cushion Adrian Chiles interviewed Moz for the Years Of Refusal album.

Text from a review of the interview:

In regards to being on unemployment benefits back in the ’70s, it all started when Morrissey had said, “I was quite happy to be unemployed because I didn’t want to work. I didn’t want to have a job.” He said it so sincerely as if this were some kind of option.

“I couldn’t think of a job I wanted to do, so I thought I shouldn’t do any.” It is not often when someone states the complete antithesis of our boot-strap culture of ‘find a job, succeed and never complain.’ At a loss for words, the host, Adrian Chiles, could only muster the response, which increased the awkwardness of the conversation: “I suppose we all have to sympathise with the white-collar workers who only ever really enjoyed successes, who had no experience with going through (the dole).”

“Therefore, why sympathise with them?” Morrissey quipped.

Not irrelevant at all. I’ve shared the “I couldn’t think of a job…” quote/meme multiple times; by itself, it’s funny. You are right to bring up the context it was said in.

For all the magnificent lyrics he has written, people should still remember that the highest qualification he has achieved is a Grade C in Changing The Ribbon on the Typewriter. He’s no Carol Vorderman.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom