Great Yarmoth

....we're sat here wondering still whether to pack our bucket and spade for the weekend...we've a whole weekend booked at the exciting Haven holiday place up the road!
Ah well, it can't go to waste, we'll just have to see what exciting 'turns' are on and play an awful lot of bingo in between...

On tenterhooks here...!!:eek:
I swear to God if by 9am tomorrow we don't know what's going on, we all set off and then he decides to cancel....well we'll be severely gutted!

Whats the actual likeliness of it being cancelled? Maybe he has recovered

well doll and the kicks (the support) say they are travelling to great yarmouth and the later we hear nothing the more chance of it going ahead

We are going to see the Great Yar Moth either way; will just get drunk if no Moz. But if we do see him it will be especially sweet now.
What's this seating thing about?

1950s
0ag200hq.jpg

gybp001.jpg

Looks lovely ... been wondering how Moz is going to make a dignified exit from theatre to tour bus?

- a gentle stoll down the pier
- a jet-ski out to sea
- beach buggy a la The Banana Splits

From looking at the photos it might cause security more headaches than usual.

why isnt morrissey listed on their site...did find this though

"It would seem that the buildings on the Pier were to be plagued by fires. Only 7 years after the pavillion opened, it suffered the first of its fires.

A second pavillion opened one year later but burn't to the ground in 1914. Local gossip believed this to be an act of arson.

The 'Floral Hall' Ballroom, which opened in 1928, was only to survive 4 years. This was re-built and opened again in 1933.

Ironically, both the ballroom and pavillion survived the war, only to be both destroyed by yet another blaze in 1954.

The 4th pavillion was the only one to be rebuilt, and opened in 1958. Thankfully this construction has survived and is home to our present theatre"

so if its hot in their it might just be on fire.

I'm just loving their website

"Britannia Pier

Places to Eat

Whether you want food to eat on the move, or sit down and enjoy some splendid seaside cuisine, the Britannia Pier caters for all.

You can find the following 'places to eat' on the pier:

* SeaChef Restaurant
* Doughnuts and waffles kiosk
* Flints café
* Seafood and Shellfish kiosk
* Sands café
* Ice-Cream parlour
* Candy Land
* Burger and hot dog bars "

I'm just loving their website

"Britannia Pier

Places to Eat

Whether you want food to eat on the move, or sit down and enjoy some splendid seaside cuisine, the Britannia Pier caters for all.

You can find the following 'places to eat' on the pier:

* SeaChef Restaurant
* Doughnuts and waffles kiosk
* Flints café
* Seafood and Shellfish kiosk
* Sands café
* Ice-Cream parlour
* Candy Land
* Burger and hot dog bars "

So all the veggies get is an ice cream or a doughnut?:eek::lbf:

i have to pick my ticket up at the box office tomorrow. i'm not really looking forward to the 6 hour journey.

Back
Top Bottom