Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Lovely people those Glaswegians are NOT. They welcome you with the phrase "I will knock your teeth right oot" wherever you go. Ended with us beating a Celtic fan to a pulp and he was shouting abuse as he left but by then he had no teeth left to knock oot. I was the one that started the brawl inside the venue and where were you lot then?
Of course you did my dear

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Lots of reports of fans leaving after he slagged off the witch that is Nicola Sturgeon. Most people booed when her name was mentioned. I didn't see anyone leave. Also, I'd say there were around 100+ seats empty.

Morrissey has made the Scottish daily record,said 12 people walked out,out of a crowd of how many thousands,wouldnt wipe my arse with that rag for a certain reason.

Did they walk out, or go to get an Irn Bru?

Ah come on.
Everybody here on this site for some time knows it’s Urbanus.
And I dislike his posts tremendously but they also make me laugh. I hope I am not insulting him but there are far worse trolls.

And, if it comes to trolling there are different types and I don’t like the ones with their vicious, pages long ideological, political attacks on Moz.
And always anonymously.

Every tiny snippet of information about him, fact or not, and making up fake news about him,

I know Moz likes to provoke and challenge his detractors and he apparently always knows to hit the right nerves.
So be it.
Sigh
Urbanski?
Wasn't he that boring nazi that kept on posting about himself all the time?

I imagine Morrissey has a great deal of sympathy for the people of Palestine. Has anyone asked him? His love song to Israel is unconventional to say the least, a combination of his tendency to empathise with the pariah and the fact that Israel (particularly Tel Aviv) is a shining beacon for LGBT rights in the Middle East.

The problem comes when an unconventional love song by an unconventional person is critiqued in the most conventional, knee-jerk terms: to praise Israel (no matter what you're praising them for) makes you an apologist for Zionist expansionism and dismissive of the plight of Palestinians.

Although, I'm not certain if I find it sweet or disingenuous when Morrissey appears so shocked and hurt by the reactions of conventional critics to his work.
It’s not a shining beacon for Human rights thats for sure.
Interesting that it got a mute reception in Aberdeen.

Yes I have seen them march in huge numbers and the Israelis have too, you are talking “ utter tosh”
You’ve seen the snowflakes march in great numbers, not the Irish nation, I’m not pro or anti Israeli, I’m a season ticket holder at Celtic Park and I applauded the green brigade when they had their Palestinian flag display and also afterwards when they raised money for the Palestinian people, but all those politics doesn’t stop me from loving that song and I’m sure if he plays it in Dublin it will be well received

You’ve seen the snowflakes march in great numbers, not the Irish nation, I’m not pro or anti Israeli, I’m a season ticket holder at Celtic Park and I applauded the green brigade when they had their Palestinian flag display and also afterwards when they raised money for the Palestinian people, but all those politics doesn’t stop me from loving that song and I’m sure if he plays it in Dublin it will be well received
Far from the snowflakes though you must be more Irish then because you have a season ticket at Celtic Park
Don’t take my word , take the Israeli state which views The Country as the “ most pro Palestine Country in Europe’.

It won’t get the same response as the other songs and indeed will be one of a number of reasons why the gig will be 1/3 empty.

"Bullfighter" is Uncle Steve's best song. Reckon why do all you lots foreigners like the Boston Celtics so much? Don't you know Uncle Steve's favorite basketball team is the Lakers. I reckon those one on one basketball games between Steve and John Maher at John's backyard hoop at his house in Portland, Oregon are top mental!

Thanks for asking!

I was and always will be pro-Israel. The country, that is.

Lovely place.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom