Favorite thing said live

I love on Who Put the M... when Morrissey says 'you'll never make it on to this stage - never'. I mean, I'm assuming he is taking about stage invaders but the way he says it always sounds to me as if he is saying 'you'll never be good enough to be on this stage', which for some reason I just love!

(A possible indication of my extraordinarily low self-esteem?)

I like the way he say that also,
one of the weirdest things, was in M in Manchester DVD I like the part where is introducing everyone and alain I think it was, I have not watched the DVD in like three weeks, well when Moz said " born we think" and then he was like "actully I was born in camdentown" then Moz says " OH, hes trying to tell you he was born and braised in..." I love the way he says "Oh" Yeah my friend gets mad when I always rewind during that part.

oh it still has to be the cry of "stay handsome" for me...all those years ago...he's certainly said more amusing things more erudiate things but somehow back then such a simple statement in such dire venues seemed heroic.

The proper term is quite technical - "making the sign of the cross". Catholics have been known to be quite fanatical when it comes to doing it. They do it when they enter church, when they leave, as they genuflect, after receiving communion, at one point they do little crosses on their forehead, their chin and chest, once when they have finished praying after communion...
Thanks for the explanation! I always see footballers do it too when they enter a game, which I find kind of weird.
Why is he doing it in this instance? Maybe it's the end of a silent prayer?
I guess we'll never know. It's between him and God ;) .

God, remember that time he tried to say "hello" but mistakenly said "f*** you, you bunch of sad twats"? That was hilarious.

God, remember that time he tried to say "hello" but mistakenly said "f*** you, you bunch of sad twats"? That was hilarious.

You're too young to become one of those bitter ex-fans who hang around here trying to get a rise out of people. Look at "broken" as a warning as to what you might become in twenty years and run along to the Pet Shop Boys forum like a good little boy. ;)

Slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread: why is he crossing himself (sorry, I'm Jewish and don't know the proper term ;)) after " because I haven't got one anymore" (0:31)? And what's he saying after "I know" as he reaches out to the crowd on 3:17? Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOfnrzFneQ

Another thing about this one:
Why is he saying "I know"?

Last edited:
^^I think it's an expression of sympathy (shocking, I know ;) ) with the fan that's having trouble reaching him. It's a sweet moment.

On an early bootleg before singing Handsome Devil he enters the stage saying: "ohh, you ugly devils!".. SO charming:p

at the Liverpool Royal Court in september 2004
when someone yelled for more Smiths songs Moz said:
Play some Smiths? God, do you want us do some Beatles and Rolling Stones while we're at it?

:)

Are you sure that wasn't at Preston Guildhall? I could have sworn it was.

Perth City Hall, 2004

Before launching into "All the Lazy Dykes" - "Now, you may think you don't have dykes in Perth, but......look to your left"

Quality!

Back
Top Bottom