Dublin, Vicar Street, Night 2 (July 30, 2011)

¡Thanks!

indeed... don't we all ask those who illegally acquire their recordings for their permission to do something morally objectionable with it?

Johnky, just don't upload your shows anymore. We can trade privately... look at the level of disrespect your efforts are given here by scumbags like Skylarker. This sort of immaturity does not deserve to be rewarded with our efforts. Let them stick to the shitty bootlegs they're used to... it's not worth your time.

Johnky, just don't upload your shows anymore. We can trade privately... look at the level of disrespect your efforts are given here by scumbags like Skylarker. This sort of immaturity does not deserve to be rewarded with our efforts. Let them stick to the shitty bootlegs they're used to... it's not worth your time.

lol this is funny. I still don't understand exactly what it is that infuriates people so much about their recordings being converted to MP3. Usually the recordings are of such a quality that you can barely even tell any difference anyways, it's just so much easier for storing and putting on portable mp3 devices. You're not "preserving your art" or anything like that, you can't get all morally upset about it when more than likely the very person who you've recorded is probably morally upset that you did so in the first place. If Morrissey requested no one record his gigs, would you show disrespect by continuing to record them? If the answer is anything other than "No", then that's pretty funny.
It's just honestly not that big of a deal, anyone who is upset by this happening to their recordings are just being way too precious.

What I don't understand is why people on either side still continue to engage in these discussions.

It's all been said a thousand times.

Move on.

And thanks to everybody involved in recording and sharing the Dublin show.

What I don't understand is why people on either side still continue to engage in these discussions.

It's all been said a thousand times.

Move on.

And thanks to everybody involved in recording and sharing the Dublin show.

here, here... cheers to all who have, do and will share... skylarker, i'm still enjoying "audiophile elitism", grand indeed...

The thing is the people just download and convert and SHARE have moved on, we just ... do it, get on with it, and enjoy the music. The people who have hang ups about it are the ones all "Don't destroy my art!!"

You should have asked the tapers permission before converting.

He aint happy.

Johnky

Well maybe he should have requested no conversions to mp3 in his original posting on Dime. As it is, I don't see why he would be unhappy when no such request was made. This torrent is in Dime, Zomb, and Smithstorrents so I'm not surprised that it's been upped here as an mp3.

Back
Top Bottom