Does it matter that Kristeen Young has lied about her age?

Does it matter KY has lied about her age?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • OMG STFU already CG

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Who is KY?

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
over 80* votes and we're still winning!
awesome_zpse41f175c.gif

*=didn't think 80 "real people" still came here :confused::o

Last edited:
K. Young looks 49 to me . The way many are acting on here one would think 49 is toothless, bald and drooping shoulders. Almost ready to totter into the grave. Isn't Moz 54 and he looking great .

Here's a fun bone for the doubters, fun because it's the year she went from a CH to a K!

Sophomore class of '82.

13121088914_366c5765b2_z.jpg

Junior class of '83.

13120916893_3617a9a3a1_z.jpg

Look at that sweet profile we all know and love.

902hd_Kristeen_Young_kya025.jpg

Interesting... is that really her? We need a forensic comparison. Someone post known pics of her so we can put them side by side.

When is her 50th? Is it on a tour date? We should buy her a cake and give it to her at the show.

Here's a fun bone for the doubters, fun because it's the year she went from a CH to a K!

Oh my god, don't you have anything to do? Y'know, like, daily life stuff that doesn't involve looking through the high school yearbooks of a woman who's closer to your fantasy bang than you could ever hope to be?

So what though? Who cares? What Difference Does It Make? She does music. You can like it or dislike it. I dislike it. But her age? What does it matter? Really?

P.

I think the contention is that is shows a lack of character. It doesn't matter. But a lie about something that doesn't matter is still a lie. It's true that it's an established show business tradition, but a lot of us have extended some goodwill to Kristene based on this image that she is a struggling, young, artist and she's really not struggling or young. Is she really an artist or an actress playing the role of musical artist?

Oh my god, don't you have anything to do? Y'know, like, daily life stuff that doesn't involve looking through the high school yearbooks of a woman who's closer to your fantasy bang than you could ever hope to be?

Yes. I have a house to clean. :cool:

This is the archetypal mcrickson comment: asking people why they won't get a life while exhibiting that the same boredom and desire to tweak others dominates his own little world.

Interesting... is that really her? We need a forensic comparison. Someone post known pics of her so we can put them side by side.

Keep in mind she's had some work done.

Ok..I'm not gonna say I agree with Geezer with this..but this is interesting..

So her biography says that after highschool graduation she went to college and graduated from Webster University with a degree in music theory and composition. Following graduation, Young found her niche in St. Louis' independent music community. After some early experimentation, Young formed the band Nov. 9th in 1992. The band subsequently released the album Waiting Like Witch Doctors. However, Young's sound was evolving and she grew displeased by the trappings of a full band.

http://stlpunkarchive.omeka.net/items/show/161

Now this doesn't make sense in that if her advertised age is 39 she would have grauduated college at the minimum of 1995.

220px-Kristeen_Young_X.jpg

I think this album is a nod to her (roman numeral) TEN unaccounted-for years.

I'm curious what year she really met Tony Visconti. Though he seems like the infernal nice guy, he also seems like a paternalistic shmuck who'd put the idea in her head to lie. He lays it on thick online, total shmoozer. That's why she relates to Eliza Doolittle, Tony doesn't know what to do with her now that he's got away with creating her. He should've been producing her albums years ago but she was always an afterthought to him and she's STUCK with him because he's the only one who knows her secret and it's nice to be around people who know the real you.

I'd leave that loser, Kristeen. Realtalk.

Last edited:
I don't think she's 49. Mylife.com is not known to be exceptionally accurate. I've seen her socially and she is not that old.

If she formed her first band in her first year of college, she could have released that cassette single then.

Even if she's lying, so what? Does that make any different in anything? There are a lot of lies floating around. Jesse and the band are not really vegetarian, for one. Swallow that.

This is the archetypal mcrickson comment: asking people why they won't get a life while exhibiting that the same boredom and desire to tweak others dominates his own little world.

This is the archetypal anonymous comment: anonymous (and therefore, without any context of identity and inconsequential) and about as disposable as the topic of this thread.

Ok..I'm not gonna say I agree with Geezer with this..but this is interesting..

So her biography says that after highschool graduation she went to college and graduated from Webster University with a degree in music theory and composition. Following graduation, Young found her niche in St. Louis' independent music community. After some early experimentation, Young formed the band Nov. 9th in 1992. The band subsequently released the album Waiting Like Witch Doctors. However, Young's sound was evolving and she grew displeased by the trappings of a full band.

http://stlpunkarchive.omeka.net/items/show/161

Now this doesn't make sense in that if her advertised age is 39 she would have graduated college at the minimum of 1995.

Hmmmm....
I am going to buy a Mystery Machine and you can be Fred, if you want!

I'm curious what year she really met Tony Visconti. Though he seems like the infernal nice guy, he also seems like a paternalistic shmuck who'd put the idea in her head to lie. He lays it on thick online, total shmoozer. That's why she relates to Eliza Doolittle, Tony doesn't know what to do with her now that he's got away with creating her. He should've been producing her albums years ago but she was always an afterthought to him and she's STUCK with him because he's the only one who knows her secret and it's nice to be around people who know the real you.

I'd leave that loser, Kristeen. Realtalk.

I don't know about all that, but it does kind of call Tony Visconti's integrity into question. Hasn't he always promoted her as some kind of unrecognized, unappreciated wunderkind? I haven't paid enough attention to actually know this -- I'm asking.

Tags
stfu_cg_kthx
Back
Top Bottom