Death penalty for Saddam Hussein your views please!

Death penalty for Saddam Hussein your views please!

• Hang the bleeder!

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Let him rot in jail instead!

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Give him back power in iraq!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Hang Bush

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Hang Blair

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Too be honest, I would prefere to see Bushie dangling instead, the US government has as much gulit as Hussein himself.

Worm: I wish I were knowledgeable enough to reply to that. Rest assured I read it, though :) .

EDIT for Dave: I totally understand the criticism of Bush's decisions but again, how can you say he's even close to being a dictator? Do you know what living under a dictatorship is like? Do you know how it felt to live in the Soviet Union, or how it feels now to live in some Arab countries?

Last edited:
Bush is an idiot, but he's neither a dictator nor crazy. If everyone hates him so much how come you guys voted for him? Twice? Where are all those voters?

I don't know. I think that the way Bush came to power, and the way that he has pushed his own agenda since taking power, it might only be a slight stretch to call him a dictator, and depending on what you mean by crazy, a pretty good case could be made for that, too.

The entire "Mission Accomplished" media event was exactly the sort of thing that a crazy person would think of, it's just that Bush was able to pull it off, being the (dictator) president.

Spying on Americans without warrants while claiming to be trying to protect us from this enemy that we created sounds pretty crazy to me. Saddam Hussein is no more crazy than Bush. I think most world leaders are not that different from the schizophrenics that only THINK they are president or Napoleon or whatever.

As far as everyone voting for him, it isn't like we had a clean election and the results were clear.

Giving Saddam Hussein the death penalty doesn't seem like the right message to send. Why not use the occasion to show that our ways are better and that we are more civilized? It also makes him more of a martyr.

If everyone hates him so much how come you guys voted for him? Twice? Where are all those voters?

they're certainly not on a moz-solo forum. you will more than likely find them in their SUVs listening to talk radio or in their cookie-cutter house in exurbia watching Fox news... oh, and a good many you will find glued to some football game

The USA have a history of agression, intimidation, bloodlust and destruction.
let's not forget the history of England (for which these descriptors would also be quite perfect) :rolleyes:

Also, I find it worrying that someone as stupid as Bush could be running the most powerful country in the world. The man is a global joke, mocked even by some of his fellow Americans.

My problem with him is the arrogance. He seems to be under the impression that he is in charge of the whole world, and not just the USA. If anything will lead to a third world war, it will be the actions of Bush - not anyone else.
try mocked by MILLIONS of his fellow Americans. and yes, his arrogance is absolutely vile, criminally vulgar, and utterly revolting

That's a bigger question than I have time for!
wow, somehow you found some!
(just curious worm, how long does it usually take you to pen your average 4-5 paragraph post? :p -- always impressive writing)

try mocked by MILLIONS of his fellow Americans. and yes, his arrogance is absolutely vile, criminally vulgar, and utterly revolting

You forgot to mention his approval rating hit an all time low of 30-35%

stealth2jy.jpg

One can't be an opposal to death penalty and glad in this peculiar case, it's nonsense

I think this verdict is a barbarian way to respond barbarism

I replied to this claim several times in this thread, you can go back and read it (I wouldn't mind repeating but I don't want to bore anyone ;) ).

I had commented earlier that Bush had stolen the election in 2000 and probably in 2004 as well. I qualified the latter assertion with "probably" because although a lot of evidence supports voter fraud in Ohio, the case isn't quite airtight. Harper's magazine laid out a convincing case that there were "irregularities" and suggested it should be considered a stolen election, but I wasn't totally convinced.

Today I found a great article on Mother Jones which goes into the specifics of why their case wasn't airtight. It's a good reminder of why we shouldn't always jump to conclusions. In the spirit of some of my other comments, I think it will be seen by anyone interested in reading this article that the truth is usually messier and more mundane than we want it to be. I also agree completely with the article's conclusion: Democrats would do much better presenting real and substantive differences between them and Republicans instead of pushing sub-Shakespearean drama on the public.

Here's the link, for anyone interested:

http://motherjones.com/arts/books/2005/11/recounting_ohio.html

That is the reason that the democrats aren't winning. They present weak choices, so scared to spell out the differences between themselves and the republicans that nobody can get that excitied about their campaigns. Kerry, who had actually been to war, allowed himself to be called "Anti-war", as if that is a bad thing, by an obviously Pro-war president who, while Kerry was in Viet Nam, was busy bringing disgrace to his uniform, as he did on his wonderful Mission Accomplished event years later. Bush is very pro-war as long as somebody else is doing the dirty work, and if Kerry had said something like that, maybe it would have been a little easier to picture him in the White House.

Gore, out of touch with real people as always, did everything he could to distance himslef from Clinton during his glorious campaign, and paid the price. Sure, Florida was stolen, and maybe Gore did win the actual numbers, but if we had had someone substantial to actually vote for, as opposed to voting against, the numbers would have been enough that the games they played in Florida shouldn't have mattered.

The democrats aren't giving us anyone to vote for and I personally am tired of voting against. Maybe none of this has anything to do with Saddam Hussein, but isn't it funny how we have these wars with Saddam Hussein when a Bush is in power? As far as the death penalty, it isn't going to happen, so it doesn't matter what method they decide on. He'll probably be slipped out the back door some dark night and will retire in Miami right next door to Manuel Noriega.

Bush is an idiot

Bush may be a lot of things, but an idiot he is not. If anything, he is crook (IMHO) and has littered his administration with like-minded crooks.

I don't have much of an opinion on whether or not Hussain should be given the death penalty, but I am amused at the timing of the announcement; two days before the big election....how convenient!! :mad:

It doesnt give me personally any more satisfaction to see him go to jail for life or to die in execution. I will leave that to the people that suffered under his power. Did you see the celebrating in the streets????!!!
Saddam brought on everything he gets. He alone is responsible for the suffering of the Iraqi people. All he had to do was satisfy the UN inspectors........stupid bastard, he'd still be in power!!

Killing Saddam will make him a martyr. That will be very bad. He should be left to rot in a prison instead.

It doesnt give me personally any more satisfaction to see him go to jail for life or to die in execution. I will leave that to the people that suffered under his power. Did you see the celebrating in the streets????!!!
Saddam brought on everything he gets. He alone is responsible for the suffering of the Iraqi people. All he had to do was satisfy the UN inspectors........stupid bastard, he'd still be in power!!

That is not true. The UN inspectors were asking for more time when Bush made his ludicrous "Get out of town in 48 hours" statement to Hussein. No one can blame Hussein for doubting that Bush would ignore international law, international opinion, and popular sentiment to start his war as promised, when obviously the foundation for the war was lacking.

As far as celebrating in the streets, we saw celebrating in the streets over 9/11 also, so I'm not sure what consideration these impromptu celebrations merit.

I'm not a supporter of Saddam Hussein, George Bush, or any other maniacal leader that cares not about the sufferring he inflicts on his own and other people, just to be clear. But using lies to justify other lies is a favorite tactic of the Bush administration and if you think Saddam Hussein would still be in power, whatever the circumstances, you must not have been paying attention to the buildup to this war. For months beforehand, anyone that was watching the news could see we were going to war.

Are you American? If so I doubt your Bush-loving media showed the fanatics protesting yesterday at the death sentance- far more people than were celebrating. Killing Saddam would give these people a martyr- just like killing Slobodan Milosevic would have given many people a martyr to idolise. Let Saddam rot in prison and die an undignified lonely death but the death penalty would be a big mistake I reckon

That is not true. The UN inspectors were asking for more time when Bush made his ludicrous "Get out of town in 48 hours" statement to Hussein. No one can blame Hussein for doubting that Bush would ignore international law, international opinion, and popular sentiment to start his war as promised, when obviously the foundation for the war was lacking.

As far as celebrating in the streets, we saw celebrating in the streets over 9/11 also, so I'm not sure what consideration these impromptu celebrations merit.

I'm not a supporter of Saddam Hussein, George Bush, or any other maniacal leader that cares not about the sufferring he inflicts on his own and other people, just to be clear. But using lies to justify other lies is a favorite tactic of the Bush administration and if you think Saddam Hussein would still be in power, whatever the circumstances, you must not have been paying attention to the buildup to this war. For months beforehand, anyone that was watching the news could see we were going to war.

Your sympathy for Saddam is heartwarming, but he had a bit more than 48 hrs, he was defiant to the UN from day one.

Back
Top Bottom