Bournemouth - Bournemouth International Centre (Mar.14, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by sorrow of stamford bridge and Andy G.

Last edited:
Marvellous, thank you. I have added it to my latest blog entry which includes the best review of the gig you will read ANYWHERE - See here: http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/day-1279-bournemouth-strikes-again.html

Are you on twitter? Do you know the story of how the Blue Rose Society started? Contrary to the lies posted on here about the BRS being a load of fruitcakes, it really WAS Morrissey who started the BRS, and as to WHY the fools on here can't see that Moz has worn a blue rose on stage THREE times, is beyond bafflement.... but incredibly amusing!

At various times I have followed the blog. There's nothing wrong with a bit of extrovert fun...not sure I understand the need to f & c you in the same post. Anyway, the screen shot was from a video...I will post once I work out how to.

I don't suppose anybody knows the pre-show poem, which sounds like it is being read by an African-American woman, and it ends with the line '...and what a pity'. It was audio, not video, and wasn't the Anne Sexton one on suicide. I have no idea how to find out!

Can anyone explain why the BRS attracts such vitriol? Looks like just a bit of fun to me. Am I missing something here?

The BRS was formed as a result of the MorrisseysWorld blog. Many on this website were quick to denounce MorrisseysWorld as the work of a fraud, even though it was first brought to everyone's attention following a mention by Moz on TTY! Because the likes of Uncle Skinny dismissed it as the work of a faker, they have had no choice but to spend the past 4 years continuing to denounce it; although it would appear that the best argument they can give is to F & C. Perhaps Skinny's wife is a language teacher!

I don't suppose anybody knows the pre-show poem, which sounds like it is being read by an African-American woman, and it ends with the line '...and what a pity'. It was audio, not video, and wasn't the Anne Sexton one on suicide. I have no idea how to find out!

It's called 'No No No No' by Maya Angelou, and is from the CD 'Black Pearls'.

Maya Angelou - No No No No

[...] the last paragraph goes ...

What a pity
that pity has folded in upon itself
an old man's mouth
whose teeth are gone
and I have no pity.

The BRS was formed as a result of the MorrisseysWorld blog. Many on this website were quick to denounce MorrisseysWorld as the work of a fraud, even though it was first brought to everyone's attention following a mention by Moz on TTY! Because the likes of Uncle Skinny dismissed it as the work of a faker, they have had no choice but to spend the past 4 years continuing to denounce it; although it would appear that the best argument they can give is to F & C. Perhaps Skinny's wife is a language teacher!

It is nothing but Rat and Banjaxer pretending to be Morrissey online and fooling many people.

There's nothing innocent or fun about it.

Can anyone explain why the BRS attracts such vitriol? Looks like just a bit of fun to me. Am I missing something here?

Born to Harangue, Brummieboy, evenow, RE Howard and you are all the same person trying to get attention and using the fictitious and self-planted "scandalous" ruse of the BRS as a complicated and delusional form of trolling which unfortunately violates no TOS so the people who want to read the reviews of the shows have to slog past their masturbatory and long-winded posts to themselves. It's all very annoying.

Get a life.

11071510_1205044719524979_2444254283275512359_n.png

Born to Harangue, Brummieboy, evenow, RE Howard and you are all the same person trying to get attention and using the fictitious and self-planted "scandalous" ruse of the BRS as a complicated and delusional form of trolling which unfortunately violates no TOS so the people who want to read the reviews of the shows have to slog past their masturbatory and long-winded posts to themselves. It's all very annoying.

In my case, you're wrong. I made the first relevant post on this show. I was aware of the BRS but I'm not affiliated...I just happenned to be standing in front of the gentleman with the comedy inflatable who I now appreciate is The Rat. If I want to know more, I'll read the blog (which I have to say is quite informative on the subject of the show and humourous, rose related matters aside) and not refer to it here. You'll find this to be the first time I have even referred to the BRS, and I don't do anonymous posts. Harrumph.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, you're wrong. I made the first relevant post on this show. I was aware of the BRS but I'm not affiliated...I just happenned to be standing in front of the gentleman with the comedy inflatable who I now appreciate is The Rat. If I want to know more, I'll read the blog (which I have to say is quite informative on the subject of the show and humourous, rose related matters aside) and not refer to it here. You'll find this to be the first time I have even referred to the BRS, and I don't do anonymous posts. Harrumph.

Oh f*** off. Humblebragging your alibi makes you even more of a douchebag. Enjoy your little self-absorbed distractions, nobody gives a f***. At least I'm folding laundry and making things tidy, you're stroking your fake egos and trying to get away with wearing a Morrissey mask. Go do something constructive, go help an old person or clean a park or something. Write a poem. ANYTHING else, you muck up the threads.

It is nothing but Rat and Banjaxer pretending to be Morrissey online and fooling many people.

if the blue rose society is legitimate let moz either
1 wear a blue rose
2 excplicity mention the blue rose societ onstate

at the next gig

if no mention at the next gig, there is no other option is to go with the evidence and conclude that your post expresses the truth and its a farce.

that 'woman' was I and I am disgusted by your vile carnivorous ways which put me off my Quorn based delicacies resting unopened in my M&S bag for life. Please take you and your blue rosers off to the hole you crawled out of. I heard that Alien Ant Farm are playing BIC next week, you may find a home there. But then again, maybe not.

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986909660]This really is the final straw. Ive never been to a Morrissey concert but thought I would folk out for tickets (£60 mind you bit pricey but I digress). I sat down and was rudely stared at by the woman next to me as I flicked off a bit of the sausage roll I had been eating, from the side of my mouth.

I then unravelled my new Morrissey t-shirt ( you know that illegal one he stole from that moaning sod from Morrissey-solo). And was tisked at by the couple sitting beside me.

I thought the concert was awful and the banter was unfunny and unwarranted ( really jokes about Brighton and Bournemouth just because they are both beach towns? Yawn).

I am really regretting that Morrissey tattoo across my belly now[/QUOTE]

Errr, I think you mean 'that woman' not: that 'woman', as nobody- and probably certainly not yourself- is questioning the fact that you are a woman.

I realise that I should spend a more productive time on other things rather than correcting others punctuation (I'm poking fun at myself, honest! I realise there's more important issues on here than this, such as BRS and Born to Eat Cheese etc.)

I agree with your sentiment: why is anybody eating sausage rolls at a Mozza gig (indeed, why is anybody eating Quorn rolls at a gig.......?). Important issues!

I was at the gig and for what it's worth, thought it was excellent ( was about six standing rows back in the Moz pit). Went to Lund in November which was also excellent, though in some ways this was a better gig- atmosphere was better at BIC. I did enjoy Asleep in Lund. Missed that, though Stop Me made up for it.

Time to start walking the streets at 3AM outside BIC....... :)

As I try to understand the "English" spoken by the brit concert review posters, there is a phrase that I constantly read. It's "I reckon".

The parallels I am learning between brits and rednecks in the deep south of America is amazing to me. I haven't seen more instances of "I reckon" except for on a Dukes of Hazard re-run or the hick redneck character on the Simpsons with 15 kids.

"I reckon" is only said by hicks in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc. Why do brits say this phrase so much on this board? I have never heard Morrissey say this phrase.

Last edited:
As I try to understand the "English" spoken by the brit concert review posters, there is a phrase that I constantly read. It's "I reckon".

The parallels I am learning between brits and rednecks in the deep south of America is amazing to me. I haven't seen more instances of "I reckon" except for on a Dukes of Hazard re-run or the hick redneck character on the Simpsons with 15 kids.

"I reckon" is only said by hicks in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc. Why do brits say this phrase so much on this board? I have never heard Morrissey say this phrase.
It's used all over britain, i assume Morrissey has said it before just hasn't been heard on camera, it's not constantly needed to use that word.

Oh f*** off. Humblebragging your alibi makes you even more of a douchebag. Enjoy your little self-absorbed distractions, nobody gives a f***. At least I'm folding laundry and making things tidy, you're stroking your fake egos and trying to get away with wearing a Morrissey mask. Go do something constructive, go help an old person or clean a park or something. Write a poem. ANYTHING else, you muck up the threads.

Never let the truth get in the way of an opportunity to direct obscenities at someone. Hardly surprising because that's the example the moderators set.

Never let the truth get in the way of an opportunity to direct obscenities at someone. Hardly surprising because that's the example the moderators set.

That's really rich of you to be lecturing on truth.

If that really is the case, then how do you explain Morrissey wearing a blue rose, on stage, on three occasions? There is far more to this than anyone has realised.

Back
Top Bottom